What did you Keto today?

(matt ) #1341

Went with sausage and pepperoni pizza bowl this time. See a pattern here? Easy and tasty and filling.

(paul ) #1342

Is that sous Vide?If it is it looks amazing. I want one.

Thanks, I will try that next time.

(Sheri Knauer) #1344

Today I ate a whole lotta nothing! I started a fast last night with 36 hours as my goal. Here is what I made today though! Home made sausage!

Ingredients prepped and ready to grind the pork shoulder and bacon

Sausages ready to be cooked and eaten…tomorrow!

(Andrew Anderson) #1345

I reckon pork rinds and Parmesan may make the most amazing breading for any food. Tonight it was boneless legs and thighs!

(Jenn Monaghan) #1346

Stuffed crust fathead pizza. Because the dough being made of mozzarella is just not enough!

(Arlene) #1347

Jennifer, I can see you’re really suffering with that pizza. :wink: It looks really, really yummy!

(Jenn Monaghan) #1348

I was in the break room at work this morning shaking my BPC and only got one strange look.

Keep meaning to do this. Looks fab.

(matt ) #1350

Ham and cheese and ham and cheese and ham and cheese on a homemade bun.

Daube beef (too lean, 10hrs 123F sous vide) trying different cuts from the butcher, mushroom done in cream and flung in red cabbage for an experiment.

(Ernest) #1352

I must admit that I’ve caveman tendencies. I love cooking outdoors and keeping things simple.

(Andrew Anderson) #1353

Break a 24 hour fast with eggs, sausage, and Jowl bacon!

(Jenn Monaghan) #1354

Orange chicken for dinner. I used this recipe and modified it for orange instead of sesame. https://www.tasteaholics.com/recipes/low-carb-keto/low-carb-sesame-chicken/

(Sheri Knauer) #1355

I made baked chicken wings a la Carl.

(Ernest) #1356

My favorite part of the cow, oxtail. Braised in coconut cream over cabbage.

Can you give more detail (i’m a novice) I am looking to use more of the ‘interesting’ cuts :slight_smile:

(Sheri Knauer) #1358

Yum! Love oxtail!

(Clare) #1359

Stornoway black pudding, egg and avocado salad with home made mayo. I’m not sure I can stick with this tedious bland diet. :laughing:

(Ernest) #1360

Sure @Robert .
What I do is season the oxtail (actually I do this with every meat) with salt overnight. This gets the salt to penetrate the meat.
Heat the oven to 350 degrees
Pat dry and brown the oxtail in some fat. I use homemade ghee.
set aside
Saute some thick diced onions, season with salt, pepper and a touch of chipotle powder. Add a can of coconut cream, add some Vietnamese fish sauce ( I use Red Boat Brand exclusively) and bay leaf. Add the oxtail back into the pan mix well and top with beef broth (homemade if you have any) enough to cover the meat.
Cover and cook in the oven until fork tender. Set aside at least 3 hours of braising. Periodically check for liquid level
I like to strain the sauce when it’s done cooking.
Taste sauce for seasoning.
I do not use too many spices in my cooking, I want the meat (food) to shine. Oxtail is very flavorful on its own. I have done oxtail with curry powder.
If you like heat, you can add some sriracha while you saute the onions.

I need a -- stew recipe