What did you Keto today?

(Andrea) #7777

I had a cheeseburger for dinner. First time I have eaten meat (I usually only eat fish) in 5 1/2 years. Hopefully I’ll not have any reaction to it!!!

(Ron) #7778

And…How did it taste?:thinking::slightly_smiling_face:

(Andrea) #7779

Not like I expected! lol Smokey, dark but definitely tasty. Didn’t realise how “delicate” fish really tastes in comparison! Got a twin pack of the burgers so I’ll have to have another one tomorrow :wink:

(Steve) #7780

Tipping my hat to @miketo for visiting Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria in Chicago and posting that glorious creation.

Decided to take a crack at creating it myself. (I’ll update this post with the macro’s after I get them calculated) - the slice is about 2/3 gone. :smiley:

1/6th slice (ok, yeah, I should have been conservative and carved it into 8…Pffft! :stuck_out_tongue:

Heh…the slice weighs 346g. :slight_smile:
I’ll also be posting the recipe in the Recipes section once I write it up.

Edit: Ok, here’s the macros (you can trim some carbs if you like to make it even lower - I’ll make sure when I post the recipe, it’s really granular so people can tweak it to fit their daily goals) :slight_smile:

Pie Total: 5,233 Calories, 403.6g Fat, 29.6g Carbs, 339.3g Protein, 14,431mg Sodium, 4,668mg Potassium
Per slice (if 6): 872 calories, 67.3g Fat, 4.9g Carbs, 56.6g Protein, 2,405mg Sodium, 781mg Potassium

Ok, now that I’ve calculated that, I’m gonna grab another slice! :slight_smile:
Edit3: Updating the macros, yet again.
Also, here’s the link to the recipe: Crustless Pizza (aka Sausage Crusted Pizza) - ode to Lou Malnati's

(Danielle ) #7781

Tell me about cocoa butter in coffee! I have some in my fridge… That I bought for a failed Pinterest fat bomb recipe… LOL. How do I put it in coffee? Does it melt easily? Intrigued!

(CJ Young) #7782

I went hiking recently for one day and (minus the meat) that’s pretty much what I brought. I was worried about getting really ravenous for some reason. I ended up not wanting to eat at all until I got back. Lol, It’s weird and amazing how Keto effects endurance performance and hunger.

(Maha) #7783

I’d previously made butter poached bison burgers based on a 2 Keto Dudes pod cast and made extra to freeze. I pulled those out when I got home, cut up some fixings and cooked up some chorizo. Topped it all with Mexican crema. It was pretty darn good!

(TJ Borden) #7784

That looks fucking amazing

(Ashley) #7785

Drooling over here! I think I may have to break my bacon experiment with this one, well after zorn fast if I do that so this may be my Sunday funday meal!

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #7786

Keto Tuesday Supper from the non-keto hubby
Roasted carrots, roasted Cajun spiced chicken with my homemade keto BBQ sauce and roasted nuts. He really gets I need Fat…

Hmmm for some reason I keep getting a size to big error --Sorry folks!

(Steve) #7787

If you’re on a Mac, just paste the picture on your desktop and it’ll put a smaller version there.
If it’s Windows, you could do an export as jpeg, then just move the quality slider down until it’s around 2 or 3 MB.

(Steve) #7788

@Baytowvin, @monsterjuice - I’m telling you guys - you make one of these, you won’t miss one single damn thing about carb heavy pizza. Just fucking GLORIOUS!!! :slight_smile: (this was really easy to make) :smiley:

I’ll make sure I get this posted to recipes tomorrow. :slight_smile:

(LeeAnn Brooks) #7789

What do you use for a sauce?

(Ashley) #7790

Yes please do! I’ll hold you to that! Cause I’m definetly making this!!!

(Steve) #7791

We have a Hunt’s No Sugar up here (Rao’s is really hard to find up here) - of course, I did find it, but only after I bought 3 cans of the Hunt’s. Oh, well.

That’s the base, then I use the spice blend from the “exquisite pizza sauce” recipe: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/17319/exquisite-pizza-sauce/

It’s tweaked just a smidge - I’ll make sure the details are posted to recipes as well. That actually accounted for 10g of the carbs in today’s pizza (as I used 1/2 cup of the sauce). Usually for Carl’s/Matt’s-head pizza, I only use 1/4 Cup of sauce. This being a deep dish pizza, I figured it needed more sauce. :slight_smile:

I have one of those big silicone ice cube trays that hold a little more than 1/4 cup per cube, so I freeze the cubes of sauce in that - so just thawed two of them for today. :slight_smile:

Edit: Created a topic in recipes for the sauce (so it’s searchable as well as linkable) :slight_smile:

(matt ) #7792

WOW!! That looks fantastic!

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #7793

It’s my iPhone. I’ve never had an issue before, I post directly from my iPhone always.

It was saying there was a size limitation even though I had turned HDR off–believe me, something has changed on the Forums, because I haven’t run any updates and am still running OS 10.:

#mysterytome !

(MooBoom) #7794

After eating all the pork crackling (and half the pork belly) off a 3.5lb pork belly roast last night, I felt like I needed something a little lighter this evening.

Very happy with my choice :grin:

Added this to the recipes section of the forum too :blush:

(Sophie) #7795

That pizza looks fab! And I want to 2nd that AllRecipes Exquisite Pizza Sauce. I’ve been using that recipe for years, omitting the honey, and it really is a keeper!

(Ernest) #7796