What did you Keto today?

(Rema Strauss) #533

Okay, so yesterday was day one for me. I had 10 olives…then I had a spinach salad w/avacado, sesame seeds, cucumber and cheese topped w/real homemade full fat ranch. Snacks was 2 string cheese and 4 cucumbers dipped in the ranch… I was totally full and not hungry at all. This is kind of how I eat. I love salads…sooo can anyone w/experience comment? Today was Costco’s parmesean chips…awesome replacement for croutons and olives …so far…i am not hungry at all but when I eat I plan on chicken/avacado/cucumber salad w/the ranch dressing. Is this the right path?

It doesn’t sound like you are eating much but if you are not hungry and feel good then all is well. Just keep your carbs low (<20g) , eat adequate protein and then fat to satiety. There is lots of info you might like to dig into over in the Newbies section. Good luck.
https://www.ketogenicforums.com/c/newbies

(Ashley Haddock) #535

Pumpkin spice BPC (yeah, I don’t care that it’s February), carnitas and jalapeños for lunch, rotisserie chicken with broccoli and cauliflower in cheese sauce for dinner

(Rema Strauss) #536

Thank you!! I love this site!!

Authentic Italian Chicken Cacciatore (Hunter’s Chicken)

Brenda, what was the texture of those noodles? Did they resemble pasta at all?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #539

@scatter, very much so. Only slightly firmer than wheat pasta. They have no flavor, and take on the flavor of your sauce.

Wow…I LOVE spaghetti, and if I can sub out for those noodles and have it close to the real deal, I will be a very happy boy!

I have seen them prepared by letting them cook in the simmering sauce as a way to get the texture where you like it best…Just testing them every few minutes until done. Is that how you do it? Any hints?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #541

@Scatter
I rinse them very thoroughly in cold water, then put them on a plate and microwave 2 minutes till hot. Then put the heated sauce on, or add butter, tomatoes and parm. I have found no need to cook this brand in sauce but that sounds like a good plan. The texture is pretty decent as is. You could experiment though.

Thanks so much Brenda!

(Bart) #543

I have not posted any meals yet, so why not start now. This is what I ate tonight, my go to meal. I think I could eat this everyday and be happy. Sous Vide Ribeye 16oz (usually go with 8-10 to keep the protien down. Brocolli with Kerrygold garlic butter and bacon, avocado slathered in Kerrygold garlic butter and topped with Tapatio, and about a dozen macadamia nuts…

I love compounding butter…such a brilliant flavour move!

(Henna Selnes) #545

Whale, butter, lemon and ginger salt,maybe with and egg,or 2.

8-10 what? Hours? For a ribeye?

(Becky Searls) #547

ugh, right? I returned it immediately. gross.

(Bart) #548

I usually eat a 8-10 oz ribeye, not 16.

(Peter Bursky) #549

I was really looking forward to test (i think it was) Richard’s Creamed Spinach. It came out really well, and reminded us of the similar side we make from a different green leafy plant. Anyhow, i had a piece of parm chicken left, and i fried up some bacon and eggs.
I’m trying to convince my wife to join me, and these types of meals is what she’s enjoying just as well, and helps to ease her to it. :slight_smile:

Side note: when i put the items from the recipe to MyFitnessPal, it came back with a different numbers per serving:
270 Calories
5g Carbs
25g Fat
6g Protein
I guess the much higher Fat content is just a plus!! :grin:

Anyhow, here’s the pictures …

Chicken Nut-Oodle Soup

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #551

Costco to the rescue for a quick meal of parmesian crisps with chunky guacamole

Chicken Piccata