What did you Keto today?

(Jennifer Buchanan) #4720

looks delicious, how do you make that?

(Ernest) #4721

Goes without saying…

(Ernest) #4722

HAHAHA. I’ve been pushing that hoping for this very question.
Here they’re called links, brats etc. Basically, ground meat stuffed in a casing.
UK folks, picture “bangers” without the carby fillers.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #4723

So boring. Thinned out purge from turkey legs, made Chicken/turkey chowder with a ton of bacon, a rotisserie organic chicken from the supermarket, a rib of celery, an onion, HWC and a small sweet potato.

Added couple TBSP of HWC to the serving to even the salt out. First serving (not pictured) was thin. This one ate more like stew.

27 year old me looks at this though 45 year old me’s eyes and says, “No way… celery, soup… who the F are you?” It’s very weird for me that this looked good where I found it, I made it and it seemed like a great idea, but my old food anxiety creeps in. Then I take a couple spoonfuls and I’m good.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #4724

Very nice

(Ellen) #4725

Courgetti carbonara.
Update : can’t believe I’m saying this but, may have overdone the pancetta & cheese, tasted very salty (and I love salt) might cook the leftovers as an omelette tomorrow.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #4726

My chowder above came out very salty (I suspect the turkey juice from the sous vide was very very salty indeed). I even it out with some extra HWC. Would probably work for this. For an omelette filling, I might dilute with cottage cheese.

(Ellen) #4727

Damn it! I’d picked up some hwc to use and forgot about it! I’ll try the cottage cheese tip, thanks :grinning:

(Candy Lind) #4728

(Jennifer Buchanan) #4729

thanks so much Candy, I will try it :grinning:

(Jackson ) #4730

(Garry (Canada)) #4731

Raspberry Noatmeal w/whipped cream and a few blackberries.
38g fat/ 6g net carbs/14g protein

(Garry (Canada)) #4732

Last night…improved on the broccoli cheddar soup with some BACON!
1000 calories!!! 91g fat/ 12.5g net carbs/ 37g protein. WOW!!! :thinking:

Valentine dinner for my sweetie cooked on the grill

(Candy Lind) #4734

What n’oatmeal recipe do you like? I downloaded quite a few & I can’t decide what to try first.

(Garry (Canada)) #4735

I really enjoy this one. (With 1 tsp of raspberry Torani and 1 tbsp 35%WC added)

(What The Fast?!) #4736

How long in the sous vide and what did you do to finish/brown it?

(Rob) #4737

In the US, ‘Sausage’ is typically pork based (though not necessarily) and is often a used as a contraction of ‘breakfast sausage’ when ordering in a diner or getting a ‘Sausage McMuffin’. Beef mince is usually called ‘ground beef’ if it is pure beef and reasonable quality. ‘Hamburger’ is usually used for lower quality ground beef which may have a little filler/herb/spice but can be interchangeable with ground beef. ‘Sausage’ doesn’t have to be in tube form though is often sold in large tubes called ‘chubs’ :flushed: as is the lower quality ground beef. Often breakfast sausage links (little tubes) are not cased, just formed, and a sausage patty is the same but flattened into a burger shape.

‘A Sausage’ or ‘Links’ can be any cased tube meat and as often as not it’s chicken these days but can be pork (e.g. Italian sausage) or beef, unlike the UK where it’s usually still pork… except if it is a Weiner or hot dog which these days are usually beef thanks to the Hebrew National brand! :synagogue:

(Lonnie Hedley) #4738

Last feast before the Zornfast. Pork rind pancakes. @Brenda 's recipe, but I also added maple extract and a serving of crushed Baker’s chocolate. There was bacon too, but it didn’t last long enough to get a pic. Let the fasting begin.

(Ellie Baum) #4739

I know this may be blasphemy on here… But some days I just want a pile of leaves. Covered in fat, of course.

And these are now at Costco :heart_eyes: