What did you Keto today?

(Sophie) #4699

My Bastardized Beef Stroganoff on Cauli-Rice & green beans sauteed with garlic & bacon juice…

(Mike W.) #4700

I would never lead you astray.

(Rebecca) #4701

I’m in. Can’t wait to give this a try!!!

(Mike W.) #4703

Didn’t we talk about this?

(TJ Borden) #4704

I thought I had just seen that in another thread

That is some intense animal fat knowledge. Thanks for sharing. I’m gonna screen shot for future reference. :slight_smile:

My first try at adobo sauce

(TJ Borden) #4707

Right??? I love having people like @LeCheffre around in the forum for learning stuff.

A year ago Mac and cheese from the blue box would be considered a homemade meal from scratch at my house. This past week I sous vide pork roast.

I had to google sous vide when I went to buy it because I couldn’t get the spelling close enough for amazon to know what the hell I was looking for.

:joy::rofl::joy:

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #4709

Happy to serve.

(Candy Lind) #4710

I gotta try this!! :heart_eyes: But I’m never sure what kind of sausage to use for something like this - can anyone give me advice on brands or what to look for on the packaging?

(Ernest) #4711

Belly ready for the hot tub time machine aka Sous vide.

Trimmings will be ground and mixed with beef for meatballs

Watch this space…

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #4712

KBQ! KBQ! Gotta finish at least one on the Karubecue.

(TJ Borden) #4713

You sir, just made one of the sexiest posts on the thread. :drooling_face:

What exactly is “sausage”? I’m always reading about it on keto forums & blogs. We don’t have that thing called “sausage” in Australia. We have sausages …

(Gabriel G.) #4715

How was the overall flavor with the “rice”?

(Richard Morris) #4716

I think Sausage is what we would call a burger. Which in Australia is the meat in a Hamburger - which has nothing to do with ham and everything to do with buns with meat in them. I know … clear as mud :slight_smile:

Sausages in the USA would be called “links” I think. Oh and just to further confound things what we call mince in the USA is called “hamburger”, and what they called mince has dried fruit in it.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #4717

Mostly it’s either “Italian Sausage” sweet or hot:

Or breakfast sausage: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/breakfast-sausage-recipe-2103185

Sometimes, we put them in casings, and they are links or sausages, as in Oz. Sometimes we use them loose, where you might think of them as seasoned ground pork. Sometimes, stuffed in a casing, we cure them or age them, which you might call charcuterie. Or something else… Sometimes, your English is a bit odd to Americans.

(matt ) #4718

We have all kinds of sausages. Patties and links are the standard offering.

(Jennifer Buchanan) #4719

I had wings all weekend! yummy :slight_smile: