What did you Keto today?

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #4740

Since I’m alone on Valentine’s Day, I treated myself to BACON and shrimp.

(Rebecca) #4741

(TJ Borden) #4742

Sous vide ribeye with deep fried Brussels sprouts and a capre…capris… a tomato cheese salad.

(Sophie) #4743

I cobbled this together for my valentine (and keto for me, of course!)…

(Ernest) #4744

For your eyes only. For my belly

I made a simple but wonderful ‘pasta’ dish. Cauli rice quick cooked in microwave. Re-heated homemade meat flavored tom sauce. Fried up ground beef. All mixed together, and topped with some grated Romano cheese. Dang it was good.

I had given up pasta/rice/noodles a number of years ago. Thank heavens for cauli rice, it’s back on the menu!

(What The Fast?!) #4746

Yooooooo!!! I made ALL the things tonight. I broke an 89 hour fast this afternoon with bacon and avocado and then feasted tonight for V day.
…Bone marrow for an appetizer. (Thanks @brenda for the recipe!) Instead of bread I used a Cauliflour brand pizza crust.

Then, the main course…sous vide ribeye with a blue cheese sauce (thanks @Tommy for the recipe) along with a Cobb salad.

And then…since it’s Valentine’s Day and because I’m feasting tonight before the Zorn fast…the Super Simple Cheesecake from @tammy_steve1219

…aaaaand time to start another fast!!

(TJ Borden) #4747

Now that’s feasting in style.

I made the most delicious new comdiment, anchovy butter. Just about 8 Tbsp of butter mixed w a can of anchovies, lemon and good salt. It’s a great topping for steak or addition to marinara sauce. A spoonfull is soooo delicious and rich…definetly an appetite suppressant in that regard.

(Garry (Canada)) #4749

When I was young (30yrs ago) my parents would get the cow/beef bones (same as posted above) from any of the supermarket butchers for free. Nobody wanted them!!!
I remember my Father would cook them in his Beef Barley soup, and we would pick the cooked marrow out of the bones along with enjoying some of the meat before devouring a big bowl of the soup. Many years later, to my disbelief… I was floored to see how much they are now charging for the very same bones.

(Jeanne Wagner) #4750

Beautiful presentation! Looks scrumptious!!

(Jeanne Wagner) #4751

For Valentine’s Day I cooked my family a Keto dinner. They haven’t eaten Keto yet. I was able to convince my niece to ditch the sugary drink, but didn’t even try with hubs. He is very sensitive to trying this and I didn’t want him throwing up his hands and walking away. Even though this is one of his very favorite meals anyway!!! (Other than the mashed cauliflower; he’s a mashed potatoes and gravy guy.) Definitely doing this on my own here but that’s ok.

Anyway: thick NY strip (rubbed with sea salt and pepper, seared on each side for 4-5 minutes), sautéed baby Bella mushrooms and shrimp cooked in butter, fresh asparagus spears cooked in olive oil with some garlic salt and Mediterranean Spices (McCourmick’s Gourmet), and mashed cauliflower (butter, sour cream, sharp cheddar cheese, S&P to taste). Not the best pic, but at least we got one. They LOVED it. My niece said she was thinking about it all day, and it was the only Valentine anything she received all day. Awwww…

(Jared) #4752

I’m SLOWLY pulling my parents over to LCHF. Sunday, i cooked my dad’s birthday Dinner (for 10). We had shrimp cocktails (cocktail sauce made with low sugar ketchup by my mom), a cheeseboard, salads, sauteed mushrooms, sauteed and broiled asparagus with Parmesan and a spritz of balsamic vinegar, and these massive New York Strips from Costco. Halo Top for for Desert! I wish I had an after picture, but things were a little hectic in the kitchen cooking for that many for the 1st time. Anyway, dusted these strips with salt, pepper, and an espresso rub before putting them in the Hot Tub Time Machine for about 22 hours. Finished them in the cast iron. I heard a lot of “Better than (insert steak house here)”. Also, looking back, it was under $12 / plate :stuck_out_tongue: (not counting spices/butter/dressings/oils that I already had).

(Jeanne Wagner) #4753

Wow great price on the steaks for entire meal for 1 ending up being under $12. I paid a whole lot more for my NY strips but it was Valentine’s Day. Great success on your dad’s birthday dinner!!

(Jennifer Patterson) #4754

just cheese and meat!

(Ellen) #4755

Surf & turf fried in garlic butter with extra butter on top.

(Lesley) #4756

I’m going to steal this idea @CandyLindTX. Looks delicious.

(Patrick) #4757

For Valentines Day I made country style ribs in the instant pot, guacamole , and fresh green beans sautéed in butter. I didn’t get a picture but I took a picture of the valentines card my wife got me, it looks Keto inspired.

(Rob) #4758

Sous Vide Rib Eye night :slight_smile:

(Sophie) #4759

Hilarious! :rofl::laughing::rofl: