What did you Keto today?

(G. Andrew Duthie) #372

I use a muffin top pan, with around 2Tbsp of shredded cheese per crisp. You may want to use a little more or less, depending on the size of your pan (or if you’re just using parchment, how large you want the crisp.

My biggest problem is letting them cook long enough. I’m always worried about overcooking them, but if you don’t cook them enough, they won’t get really crisp.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #373

I made some using a mexican blend from costco (fine shred), and the key to getting them crisp was just to cook longer than I thought they needed to.

(Will Madams) #374

Thanks! because I’m so new to it all, using MFP is helping me understand the macros in the food. I’m hoping that after a few weeks I won’t be needing it as much

Yep, same here. At the beginning, I was meticulously weighing/measuring and logging everything. It taught me how to estimate pretty accurately. Today, I don’t have to log everything anymore.

(Guardian of the bacon) #376

Lazy cook day. Store bought rotisserie chicken, frozen asparagus roasted in bacon nectar covered in fresh grated Parmesan and fresh mushrooms browned in butter sauce.

For dessert, whole milk Greek yogurt with Torani sugar free raspberry syrup topped with pecans pieces dipped in Torani sugar free Brown Sugar cinnamon syrup.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #377

Short ribs. Seared and cooked in the Instant Pot, and with a gravy made with the drippings, butter, HWC, and sour cream.

Looks delish, but…Where’s the mascarpone? Hoarding it to eat by yourself in the closet?

(G. Andrew Duthie) #379

The mascarpone will have to wait for tomorrow. The ribs were just too filling. :grin:

(Mirissa Joy Beavers) #380

Beef nachos over pork rinds.

(Becky Searls) #381

What is TBS?

(Guardian of the bacon) #382

Tablespoon

Or a nice strong pinch :smiley:

Pan fried brats, carmelized onion and peppers, homemade sauerkraut and some avocado.

(chris.coote) #384

2 keto breakfast sandwiches from McD. Still amazed at how accommodating they can be…

Moved recipe to its own topic… Cookie dough fat bombs

(Jonathan Bowers) #386

Buffalo wings fried in coconut oil. Seasoned with kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder. Sauce is 50/50 butter and franks red hot, couple drops of worchestire sauce, smoked paprika, garlic powder.

(Kathy L) #387

Where do u live? Where’s here?

(chris.coote) #388

USA, DC area, thought it seems to be the case as far away as Harrisburg, PA.

(Jonathan Bowers) #389

I ground my own hamburger tonight with left over filet scraps from a tenderloin. Sous vide a 3/4 pound burger at 129f (medium rare) for 1 hour and finished with a cast iron sear. Topped with guac, mayo, low sugar ketchup and bacon.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #390

Alfredo with leftover homemade keto meatballs. 4 grams carbohydrate per 1/2 cup of sauce. Super rich and very good.
Meatball recipe:

(joievawter) #391

So the other night I was having steak at a nice restaurant for my husband’s company work party and I finally tried the butter with your steak! I asked for garlic butter (they make a fabulous one) and oh my, I was in heaven! No more A-1 sauce for me (even though I do love it).