What did you Keto today?

(No I'm not mad - that's just my face) #925

Roasted cabbage and kielbasa

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #926

Mmmmmmm, I’ve been contemplating adding tuna and this is a perfect quick meal idea!

split this topic #927

A post was split to a new topic: Ground Pork Lettuce Cups

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #928

Wut

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #929

@ILoveBacon @Mrsollie !!!
Please put your recipes in
https://www.ketogenicforums.com/c/food/recipes-recipes-recipes !!!

You can move them! Ima gonna do that with the lettuce cups one.

See…

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/ground-pork-lettuce-cups/9337

(Megan) #931

Thanks @Daisy. :grinning:

(Cathy) #932

I use a standard potato salad recipe like this one …

5 potatoes
3 eggs
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup sweet pickle relish

1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup mayonnaise

and substitute a head of cauliflower for the potatoes and leave out pickle relish. The key is to not overcook the cauliflower.

(Cathy) #933

This is something I can’t wait to have again when the weather allows for the use of the bbq. Bacon onion rings with bacon shrimp.

(Arlene) #934

I’ve never roasted cabbage. How did you do it?

(Megan) #935

Corned beef and cabbage soup

1 Can of Sardines
1 Preserved Duck Egg
1 Stick of mozzarella Cheese
Some kimchi

(Cathy Schroder) #937

Homemade lamb meatballs and salad greens with blue cheese dressing.

(A ham loving ham! - VA6KD) #938

Yum! Lamb…I grew up in Australia and was raised on lamb, but since I’ve moved to Canada (20 years ago), lamb is a bit harder to find here. It’s not that hard to find but it is a bit expensive.

What did you put in your meatballs?

(Jacquie) #939

Not sure where you are in Canada but it’s readily available locally in rural NS. In fact, I can get it locally raised just up the road. It’s excellent! :slight_smile:

Fried eggs, bacon, avocado and mushrooms fried in butter, garlic and parsley.

(A ham loving ham! - VA6KD) #941

Edmonton. The local Co-Op and Sobeys have it but it’s quite expensive. My wife (born and bread Canadian) finds the taste and smell quite strong, so that means it’s mostly just a treat for me for when I’m home alone. :slight_smile:

(Jacquie) #942

You’re not going to find too many folks farming lamb in Edmonton. :wink: We love lamb, too. When we lived in Vancouver, we’d get fresh lamb from Salt Spring Island in the Gulf Islands. Delish!

The good news is that you are blessed with lots of free range beef in Alberta. And it is delicious.

(No I'm not mad - that's just my face) #944

Roasting cabbage: leave core intact. With cabbage sitting on its core, cut approximately 1" wide “steaks” leaving core part intact - it will help you flip them over when roasting.

Oil up a sheet pan, place cabbage steaks, drizzle more oil over top. Salt/pepper. I roast mine at about 400F for 25-30 min, flipping them over 3/4 of the way in. They’re done when soft and a little browned.