(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #6813

These steaks were obscenely tender

(Ernest) #6814

Feeding time…
Creamy buttery eggs as steak sauce.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #6815

Very Nice @Ernest

(Steve) #6816

This is why people re-feeding from a fast likely shouldn’t prepare their own meals. :wink:
Prepped/plated (turnip fries):

A little gravity and cheese curds anyone? :slight_smile:

Eyes way too big for my stomach…only got about half-way through the meat. :slight_smile:
(yes, the poutine was gone first) :smiley:

(Ernest) #6817

Caps from Costco?

I make this with Lacroix and I added ACV today! Fasting Gold!

(Gabriel G.) #6819

Getting ready to braise ox tail (browned a bit already) with some shrooms. Just a bit of tomato and onion.

Turned out (sorry, no pics) to be extremely rich and satisfying. Will do again for sure.

(Joe Schuyler) #6820

You just gave me an idea for dinner. Thanks!

(matt ) #6821

Those are caps right? Insanely good but I they are too pricey to enter the rotation.

(matt ) #6822

Seafood and sausage over shirataki in a garlic butter broth.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #6823

That’s awesome looking. I love looking at these post while I’m fasting!

(TJ Borden) #6824

You could have warned us you were fasting. I would have dumped my shares in jalapeños. I gotta make a call…

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #6825

I make my own by buying the whole ribeye subprimal, peeling the cap, slicing the eye of ribeye and making steaks out of the caps. Makes it much more cost efficient and all you need is a big carving knife and a smaller boning/fillet knife for the detail work.

(TJ Borden) #6826

I’ve been wondering how involved it is. Cash and Carry has huge packs for pretty cheap. I almost picked one up a while back but I wasn’t sure how to break it down.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #6827

It’s really not that involve. As I said, a long carving knife for slicing the eyes of the ribeyes (or whole ribeyes which are simpler). For just traditional ribeyes, you maybe trim the external fat a bit with your filet knife, but we’re keto, so maybe not. Then slice with the slicing knife with as few strokes as possible. I try for one stroke, as it makes smoother surfaces. If you do this with a dull knife and saw, you have have scruffed all the steaks.

For making cap steaks, I think this explains it pretty well, even though he saws off the loin steaks at the end of the primal.
https://youtu.be/eJH3qwIHeDc

(TJ Borden) #6828

Great video, but I found myself tearing up whenever she said “remove unwanted fat”

(Joanna) #6829

McDs double bacon cheeseburger on top of spinach (brought from home)

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #6830

A lot of the fat that’s being removed is surface fat, very hard, and can make the steak a bit wonky when cooking. A good ribeye should have some nice marbling that can’t be trimmed.

Also, you don’t have to trim… It’s all about the process… .which is a lot easier than people think.

#PraiseAltonBrown

(grace elizabeth) #6831

Dayum! that looks awesomely delicious!

(Steve) #6832

Failed bagel sandwich with thuringer summer sausage, German salami, pastrami, old cheddar, yellow mustard and a bit of onion. Side of the last of the shoestring turnip fries and a bit of low carb ketchup.

Realized that wasn’t a great pic of the sammy, so:

Next fry experiments are going to be with some daikon radish, then getting some jicama on friday. :smiley:
(hey, I have this stock pot full of canola oil…and I was brought up that you shouldn’t waste food!!) :wink:
Never doing shoestring again though…they shrink too much.