What did you Keto today?

(Candy Lind) #4347

Mini ke-dough pizza, stress food. I’m not really hungry but I’m also not eating the carb-laden margherita pizza my friends are having!

(Lonnie Hedley) #4348

Grocery hall. These items are basically the only things I eat. Boo carbs, yay fat.

(Ernest) #4349

Meatballs n cackle fruits.

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #4350

Playing with our new Masterbuilt Electric Smoker- so smoked almonds are on the snack menu!

(matt ) #4351

DId you use a double boiler? That’s a pretty simple way I have found.

(Sophie) #4352

No, I tried the method suggested by @Rian down below.

(matt ) #4353

Try it this way…never had it break on me

(Sophie) #4354

Thanks. I might give it a whirl tonight. I’ve still got one of those leftover loins in the fridge!

Sorry to hear of your fail. I’ve made this several dozen times and not once have I had an issue. One way or another you failed to get an emulsion, step one would be to add another yolk. You added the water and lemon juice right? Adding the butter too quickly could be the issues but mine usually emulsifies almost immediately. Did you use an immersion blender cup where the energy was concentrated? Also, what head is on your immersion blender? Mine is old school but it has three different heads and the whisking one is the way to go when making an emulsion.

(Sophie) #4356

Hey, it happens. I really think it was pouring in the butter too fast. And I had the water/lemon juice in there and my yolks were at room temp too. I also used my stick blender. It’s a Cuisinart Smart Stick. There aren’t any attachments with it, only the deep cup. I think I’m going to try out Baconaise with it next since I seem to have an over abundance of bacon juice currently. But I won’t give up on the Hollandaise. More often than not, cooking is about technique in addition to ingredients! If at first you don’t succeed… :blush:

Ok, it just weighs heavy on my mind when I think I may have contributed to the wasting of 1/2 a block of Kerrygold butter lol

(Shayne) #4358

Clam and artichoke “risotto” (using cauli-rice) from Dana Carpender’s 500 Ketogenic Recipes.

I was the original recipe tester (it was an adventure when I did it the first time as I had never eaten artichoke before I did that). She originally wrote it for Miracle Rice, but I used cauliflower and she went with it.

(Sophie) #4359

No worries…cost wise it comes out to about $1.25 since I buy it 2/$5 on sale at Publix and keep it handy in the freezer. That way I always have a relatively cheap source of butter on hand. :blush:

(Sophie) #4360

I had 2 leftover, baked chicken thighs from last night and 2 of the DietDoctor Keto Buns, so I threw together a sandwich for us for lunch…

ChixThighSammie2

Just made these for the first time this morning. Been wanting to try for awhile…My carb count comes out a little higher than she has listed, but they were good. Not too sweet, although you could make them sweeter if you wanted. They seem really light when you eat them, and I was afraid that I was going to be hungry 5 minutes after I ate them in which case I wouldn’t appreciate the use of carbs, but they actually ended up filling me up more than I thought they would.

Edited to include link: Duh! https://sugarfreelondoner.com/italian-walnut-kisses/

Disclaimer - Used photo from recipe website:

(Sophie) #4362

Nice! I have a large bag of walnuts that I’ve been wondering what to do with them!

4 ingredients…Walnuts, Eggs, Erythritol, and cinnamon…Super simple.

No eggy taste whatsover…

(Rob) #4364

Broke my first 48 hour fast with this Pan fried Costco Sockeye Salmon, Sautéed Kalettes with bacon bits and cheddar, with a side of sautéed mushrooms…

A whole lot of salmon still to go…

I hadn’t tried Kalettes before tonight. They’re basically baby Kale plants about the size of a large Brussels sprout. Fried in butter with Bacon they were nom nom!.. and those little beggars can hold a lot of butter! :smile:

(Duncan Kerridge) #4365

Chicken livers wrapped in bacon, grilled. Nom.

(matt ) #4366

Where do you get bone out skin in thighs? Do did you debone it yourself?

and those buns look awesome!