Easy Hollandaise Sauce

4oz Kerrygold Butter
2 egg yolks
1-2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 Tablespoon water
pinch of cayenne powder
salt to taste

Put the egg yolks, lemon juice, water and cayenne into a glass or immersion blender cup.
Begin immersion blending as you slowly pour in melted butter.
Continue to blend until in til smooth and thick.
Check for taste.
Enjoy.

Great on grilled veggies, fish, poached eggs, etc.

What did you Keto today?
(Tim) #2

Sounds delicious. Maybe on day 2 of breaking the fast.

(betsy.rome) #3

What always gets me when making Hollandaise: it’s never quite hot enough, and if I try to heat it in any way, it separates. Any tips?

(jilliangordona) #4

When it seperates, add a small amount of cold water. It’ll mix right back up!

I usually get away with microwaving it a little before serving with no problems. Do maybe 15 seconds at a time and you should be ok. I’ve had it separate but usually when I heat it too much at one time. I’ve also noticed that sauces containing too much butter break more easily. Also, I make sure the eggs are up to room temp or close, the butter is hot, and I make the sauce right before serving the meal. Good luck. Worst case, even cold Hollandaise is still pretty darn good.

Sounds delish. I did something similar except added a couple tablespoons of sweet pickle relish. This added a carb or two. Reminds me of the secret sauce for Big Mac.

Ever had Béarnaise sauce? It’s a cousin to Hollandaise but has shallots, pepper, white wine and vinegar. I can post my recipe for that also.

Yes please!! :slight_smile:

(Becky) #9

OMG! I just realized I can Keto my favorite IHOP dish, chicken florentine crepes! MUST BUY SPINACH NOW! Lol. Thanks for the recipe!

(Sophie) #10

Ooooooh, I’d love to try that recipe!

(betsy.rome) #11

@Rian yes please post your BĂ©arnaise recipe!

(Becky) #13

Chicken florentine crepes with hollandaise sauce: 1/4 onion and 6 mushrooms, sliced thin and browned low and slow in bacon fat. Salt and pepper to taste. Add 2 chicken thighs cut into bite size pieces, then add 2 cups raw spinach, and right before serving a slice or two of a white cheese melted on top. *replenish bacon fat as needed. Wrap in favorite Keto crepe recipe (or two eggs, thinned with two tbsp heavy cream and a tbsp water) and lather on hollandaise sauce. I don’t have a clue about macros…lol. **I couldn’t manage the crepe part…lol…so skipped it and drizzled the filling with yummy hollandaise!

(Suzi Smotrycz-Guilford) #14

can’t wait to try your recipe. I attempted to make Hollandaise sauce last weekend and I think the egg yolk to butter ratio was too much. It was tasty but awfully thin. Thanks for sharing!

It’s super easy and delicious. I can’t say enough good things about quality eggs. I cringed at $6 a dozen at first but now it’s a no brainer. I highly recommend them if they aren’t price prohibitive.