What did you Keto today?

(Candy Lind) #4228

I had a hankering for a big ol’ omelette.

(joievawter) #4229

Ahhh, I love roasts they are tasty and require no active cooking from me…Just set it & forget it. I really hate cooking.:sob:

I wiil happily make loaded riced cauliflower because it is easy and will last me days.

(Jeanne Wagner) #4230

Newbie here… what’s a BPC?

(Tim Adams) #4231

BPC= Bullet Proof Coffee

(Jeanne Wagner) #4232

Oh geez and I have them all the time. LOL Thanks! Gotta get used to those acronyms…

(Candy Lind) #4233

Well, you got your answer. Here’s a handy link:
Wiki: Acronyms

(Candy Lind) #4234

What do you load it with?

(Hungry Julie) #4235

It’s my go-to and it’s just so tasty you wanna cry. When it’s still soft it’s just to die for.

(Terri) #4236

Welcome! BPC is bulletproof coffee. It coffee with fat in it. I started drinking them to replace the coffee I used to drink with lots of sweetener and crappy creamers. Lots of variety as far as how people make their BPC—many ways have too much fat in them for me. I tend to do a 16oz Coffee, tbsp of MCT oil (I use Brain Octane or Brain Fuel), tsp butter or ghee, tsp coconut oil, tsp cacao butter, few drops of almond extract, 1/4 tsp salt, about 1/8 tsp or less of Ceylon cinnamon, and a serving of collagen protein powder. Blend it all together. Sometimes I add a raw egg or two if I want to have enough protein to consider the whole thing one of my two meals for the day. Lots of Paleo and Keto folks drink BPC but it is certainly not a requirement. Enjoy!

(Hungry Julie) #4237

That looks like a tasty bun, is it cheese dough?

(Jeanne Wagner) #4238

Holy Cow!! And here all I’ve been doing is adding Kerry Gold butter to mine. I just didn’t recognize the acronym… gotta get used to them!! Your recipe sounds delicious, like a coffee smoothie for breakfast. :star_struck:

(Tim Adams) #4239

Thanks for that. I thought WOE was how you slow down a horse! lol

(Candy Lind) #4240

It’s a quick-and-dirty 90-second microwave bread for when you want something “bread-ish” & have nothing made up. After you nuke it, you can pan-toast it and butter it up & it’s pretty reasonable. You just stir everything up with a fork & nuke for 90 seconds. OH - melt the butter. :slight_smile:

(Terri) #4241

I certainly enjoy my BPC and vary it from time to time. I need it to remind me of some kind of delish drink, and just kerrygold wouldn’t do that for me.

(Lonnie Hedley) #4242

Also makes great cinnamon French toast if you add cinnamon to the mix before nuking. Soak it for a while in custard and cook in butter or bacon drippings.

Also makes great garlic bread if you add garlic powder to the mix before nuking. Add nutritional yeast to make cheddar garlic bread. Or add shredded cheddar to make a great cheesy bread.

My point is that it’s a great base for all sorts of yummy breads. :grin:

Dinner was 85% fat grounded beef and spinach. Sautéed. Simple yet delish

(Andrew Anderson) #4244

That’s a fun coincidence! https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/what-are-you-keto-doing-right-now/
:wink:

(Ernest) #4245

I pour a bunch of olive oil in s sauce pan on low heat.
Add anchovies, sliced garlic and capers. Let that mess marry on very low simmer.
From there, you can add a little crashed red pepper or Aleppo pepper, etc.
Amounts? You mean like measure ingredients? Who does that?

(Ernest) #4246

Lazy dinner after a gym session. I lift heavy, 45 minutes max. If I can’t lift heavy, I leave the gym.

I used broccoli to carry fat into my belly.

(Richard Morris) #4247

Australia day cocktail at the Natl Press Club

And for dinner, Jules’ ham & leek quiche with fennel bulb and blueberry salad.