What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

('Jackie P') #8820

Wow what a fabulous night!

How cool is that dish!

That was a herring, egg, dill pickle salad with sour cream, mayo and chive dressing! Totally delicious.
Then …

Boiled beef (tafelspitz) with fabulous broth to start, then the beef with veg, bone marrow (no bread thanks - just a spoon!)

That is fried potato with onion, just a spoonful, all fabulous! :no_mouth:
Then a night at the opera!

Back to the hotel and in bed by 10.50pm :joy:

(Mame) #8821

OMG that marrow! :heart_eyes: I love it so!!
what a lovely meal with such beautiful presentation

('Jackie P') #8822

It was really lovely! Very nice restaurant :slightly_smiling_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8823

@CrackerJax What a fabulous luxurious looking place to be, I’m glad you’re having such a great holiday! :cowboy_hat_face:

('Jackie P') #8824

Thank you David! It is a very beautiful place Tomorrow will be our last day :smirk:

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #8825

Today is a cool, overcast, wet but no longer raining day in Vancouver. After my herring and poached egg salad I felt like something hot. So I made my Cream of Bone Broth with cacao butter rather than MCT oil. I usually have this as my after supper and before bed ‘nightcap’. Just as delicious whenever!

(JJ) #8826

Thanks, it’s great to be back.
In the spirit of Aussie Bogan-ness, here is what I keto 'ed yesterday. Poo inducing juice cocktail mixer ingredients. Noice.

Permanent night duty does not agree with my gut :joy:

(Mame) #8827

Dinner:

Venison stew (w/ bacon, celery, radish, shallots, mushrooms, sour cream) on riced cauliflower

(What else is there to talk about?) #8828

That looks fabulous!!!

(Brandy) #8829

Day two of the “totally keto” visit from the MIL. She started to unravel a bit today- but we’ll see how the weekend goes. She did love the peanut butter ice cream I made for her though.

(Jane) #8830

What is it?

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #8831

They are the deloping egg yolks! They are supposed to be especially nutritious.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #8832

Speaking of yolks, here’s a double-yolker for our leap day breakfast!

A lovely surprise!

(Paulene ) #8833

Love the ‘herring tin’ serving dish!

@Jody22, you seem to like raw. My mom used to make steak Tartare at least once a month. She picked fresh steaks at the butcher and had him run the meat through the grinder at least 3 times, until very finely ground. She added a raw egg, some finely chopped onion and parsley, salt and pepper and kneaded it until even in distribution and consistency. It was heavenly, we all looked forward to it.

('Jackie P') #8835

Hotel breakfast!
Can’t mess with that (smidge of mayo might be a bit dodge!)
Lunch …mmmmm… bit disappointing, beef with salad and a crazy mound of onions!

That I dispensed of!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8836

@Jody22 Raw beef is one thing but eating raw chicken livers? You’re much braver than I am! I would be afraid of getting ill from that taste and texture aside. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #8837

More birthday celebrations for my mum today…which means I’ve spent the extra day of 2020 the best way I know how…sitting on my arse with a glass of wine in my hand :joy::joy: this was my dinner this evening. Now I’m full and happy and ready for bed! :joy::joy:

First thing in the morning I had a bulletproof coffee with grass fed butter and MCT oil.

For breakfast, I had a two eggs with three strips of bacon.

Right after my first meal I take my vitamin stack for the day.

For dinner, I had baby back ribs and one whole avocado

One hour before bedtime I will have Braggs apple cider vinegar with the mothers.

Easy and simple keto meals that hit the spot.

2 steak and mince burgers, with red mozzarella, red onion, a bit of lettuce, and a fried egg in the middle. So filling- I think I’ve died.