What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

(Diana) #8811

Yes, agreed. Goulash for sure has flour or cornstarch (depending on who is making it). I am from Europe and make this all the time, but at home I basically leave out the flour and it just turns out more soupy looking…to get the true goulash consistency it requires flour. With that said, PLEASE enjoy it, there is Nothing like a good goulash, the 1/2 tablespoon of flour that will be in your serving of the dish is a small dent and well worth it in my opinion.

('Jackie P') #8812

I agree! There is 5.98 g carbs in 1 tbsp flour. Not worth stressing for the odd occassion. :slightly_smiling_face:

The thing I am so afraid of is to fall back into the insulin trap of uncontrollable hunger. When I had toast for breakfast before keto, I set myself up to be hungry for the rest of the day. It was useless to try to resist temptation with that insulin surge in my veins. That is what I never want to have to deal with again.
Thankfully I am not a gulasch fan - LOL - and of course it is more than a teaspoon of flour. But everybody has to decide what they can tolerate. Maybe when I get to be totally fat adapted, I can risk a bit more. But not now. So I carefully pick and chose what I want off the menu if I go out. I would probably have a harder time if I was in America and confronted with a pecan pie.

Eggs, ribeye and dandelion green (local staple) salad - may oxalates have mercy on my body :mask:

First thing in the morning I had a bulletproof coffee with grass fed butter and MCT oil.

For breakfast, I had a Cheese omelet with three strips of turkey bacon.

Right after my first meal I take my vitamin stack for the day.

For dinner, I had grilled chicken breast and one whole avocado with homemade dipping sauce.

Homemade dipping sauce.
Mayonnaise
Honey mustard mayonnaise
Frank’s hot sauce
A pinch of Himalayan salt

One hour before bedtime I will have Braggs apple cider vinegar with the mothers.

Easy and simple keto meals that hit the spot.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #8816

Herring and poached egg salad with stuffed olives and baby bok choy.

(JJ) #8817

I am a Bogan and proud of it.
I like what you did with the chook.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8818

Thanks @JulesyMcJulesface I’m glad to see you back again! :cowboy_hat_face:

(Ashley) #8819

Corned beef and cabbage, I only had corned beef but my dad had cabbage!

('Jackie P') #8820

Wow what a fabulous night!

How cool is that dish!

That was a herring, egg, dill pickle salad with sour cream, mayo and chive dressing! Totally delicious.
Then …

Boiled beef (tafelspitz) with fabulous broth to start, then the beef with veg, bone marrow (no bread thanks - just a spoon!)

That is fried potato with onion, just a spoonful, all fabulous! :no_mouth:
Then a night at the opera!

Back to the hotel and in bed by 10.50pm :joy:

(Mame) #8821

OMG that marrow! :heart_eyes: I love it so!!
what a lovely meal with such beautiful presentation

('Jackie P') #8822

It was really lovely! Very nice restaurant :slightly_smiling_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8823

@CrackerJax What a fabulous luxurious looking place to be, I’m glad you’re having such a great holiday! :cowboy_hat_face:

('Jackie P') #8824

Thank you David! It is a very beautiful place Tomorrow will be our last day :smirk:

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #8825

Today is a cool, overcast, wet but no longer raining day in Vancouver. After my herring and poached egg salad I felt like something hot. So I made my Cream of Bone Broth with cacao butter rather than MCT oil. I usually have this as my after supper and before bed ‘nightcap’. Just as delicious whenever!

(JJ) #8826

Thanks, it’s great to be back.
In the spirit of Aussie Bogan-ness, here is what I keto 'ed yesterday. Poo inducing juice cocktail mixer ingredients. Noice.

Permanent night duty does not agree with my gut :joy:

(Mame) #8827

Dinner:

Venison stew (w/ bacon, celery, radish, shallots, mushrooms, sour cream) on riced cauliflower

(What else is there to talk about?) #8828

That looks fabulous!!!

(Brandy) #8829

Day two of the “totally keto” visit from the MIL. She started to unravel a bit today- but we’ll see how the weekend goes. She did love the peanut butter ice cream I made for her though.

(Jane) #8830

What is it?