What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

('Jackie P') #6244

Haha! She is very Irish! As is her mum, Which they also seem to like!

(Ellen) #6245

Bacon cheeseburger w/o bun and they kindly subbed the fries for buttered cabbage with smoked bacon, keto is so awful.

(Susan) #6246

@CrackerJax -very nice! Yes, they have nice accents too =).

@Elle79

Yummy! That is awesome that they subbed the food for you, that is really great.

(Sharon) #6247

Hi Dave, I am new at this. I really need to lose weight. I did do OMAD and lost some weight and I thought my meals were too large and so I reduced and now sort of stuck. 5’3" ht, 213 lbs, 57 years old. My knee gave out on me and I had my first cortisone shot and I am afraid of needles and won’t that to be my last shot. Was I eating too much? Help, Newby.

Spaghetti squash pizza crust with some Italian sausage and pepperoni. :heart_eyes:

Hi Sharon, and welcome to the Ketogenic Forums. :slight_smile: - I wasn’t sure if you were speaking to me, since you only called out the name ‘Dave’ and it wasn’t directly linked or aimed to my post?.. But the mention of eating larger meals and eating OMAD makes me think you just might have been. :slight_smile:

If you were, I can only tell ya what I do personally. But like anything else, everyone is different and what works for one, may not work for another. … I do generally eat larger meals, at least that’s what I’m told. :smile: - But I do have a motto… “When I eat, I eat… I don’t snack.” I don’t like to eat light or what some might call a snacky-meal. So I eat till I’m full, not stuffed or bloated, and this usually does me for the day. (OMAD) But I also make sure to throw in TMAD a couple times a week, just to keep things changed up. Also, there is a lot of information out there on Keto, and opinions differ on every front. But from all the stuff I’ve read, and from folks I’ve talked with, it’s said that it’s not recommended to constantly to OMAD too much, with the thinking being that it can cause your metabolism to slow down? (Now, I cannot confirm or deny this, but can say I personally have seen some of my best results doing OMAD. But again, my weekends are usually TMAD, so maybe this offsets it?) …With that said, I do not snack between meals whatsoever. So it’s a full meal or nothing. … On the very rare occasion, like tonight, I didn’t eat a very large meal but it was definitely filling. - I actually wasn’t planning on eating at all, since my meal at lunch did me good. But, my Wife had made Meatloaf for me and my Son tonight, (she doesn’t eat it) so I went ahead and had some while trying to do some rush work on covering a storm damaged shed roof before more rains come in tonight and tomorrow. (But it just doesn’t appear to be as big, since there wasn’t the variety I usually have. I’ll post below…) So with this being said, there are a lot of great people here that are very willing to help others, provide their experiences and insights, which makes this one of the best Keto-Friendly sites you can be a part of. :+1: Just use the search feature to research anything you might want to learn about, or if you don’t see any threads on it, start one and ask and I’m sure you will get plenty of suggestions, support, etc. You can also start a Accountability thread, check out others Accountability threads, or threads with discussions of things that interest you. (For instance, mine is located at the link listed below, if you’re interested?) And so you know, if you want to address someone directly, you can either click on the Reply at the bottom of their post, or simply use @ and their user name. (No spaces, like this @Sharonizarose) Either will send them a notification, letting them know. :slight_smile:

Again, welcome and I hope you find this community to be filled with great folks, helpful information and advice that will help you along your way. … Dave

Had a quick bite tonight, while trying to cover my shed roof again that got slammed in the last storm we had over the weekend. First storm took a big chunk of the roof off, and this weekends storms tore the heck out of the tarp I had on it. (plan on building a new one in Summer) … Wife made Meatloaf, so had a couple big pieces of it and it was very good. Along with it, I had some Almond Milk and Pecans, since I needed to get back out to get the new cover on before dark.

(Jane) #6251

Started another batch of the dill sauerkraut with cucumber slices. I loved the flavor of the last batch but not the texture. I used my food processor to shred and I think it cut it too fine.

I went back to my mandolin slicer and it made quick work of the cabbage and a lot less cleanup. I don’t think I’ll ferment quite as long this time as that may have been a contributing factor also.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #6252

I’m totally comfort eating this. I’m barely hungry but I wanted it…tuna mayo chafflewich to cheer me up

(Jody) #6253

Monday OMAD:

16oz Ribeye and 6 x Eggs (sunny-side up) There was also some fresh mozzarella cheese … that didn’t make the picture.

('Jackie P') #6254

Did it work?
I have just had…

Chaffles with butter and marmite! Worked for me :grin:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #6255

It did actually! :laughing:
I have yet to try this thing of beauty…toast and Marmite used to be a favourite of mine…I need to fire up the waffle maker again! Which reminds me I forgot to clean the waffle maker yesterday :speak_no_evil: honestly, I really hope the docs figure out where my memory went!

('Jackie P') #6256

Aww I do wish you well hun😌

(traci simpson) #6257

I made a KETO coconut cream pie that fit into two Ramikens (sp) and I was up all night. I think it was two much Erythritol!

('Jackie P') #6258

Shame it looks delicious

(traci simpson) #6259

I think I will only eat half of the other bowl and not all at one time.

Decided to have a bite for lunch today. I was in a Mustard Mood, so pulled out some goodies that goes well with it. … Hickory Smoked Spam, Smoked Vienna’s, Pepperoni, Olives, Pickles and Pork Rinds and Potted Meat. Also had some Pecans and 2 Squares of Lindt’s Dark Chocolate.

IMG_1797

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #6261

Mum made me this for dinner :blush: really full now!
Back to the grind tomorrow, gonna go as long as I can before I eat…I made it to 11am and then comfort snacked until dinner :joy:

(Steve) #6262

Moussaka

(Susan) #6263

That looks delicious, Steve =).