What did you keto today? Part VI...The son of the cousin of the wife of the GMO crop of the inbred corn crop, whilst the siblings sat on their behinds drinking soda pop

food

Nice to know it’s not just me ; )

They’re so… good. Versatile, tasty. I just love them : )

Exactly! Nice nutritionally too though not as good as meat, we can’t live on eggs as it lacks a few important nutrients. I would get bored anyway. But it’s good stuff. I don’t want scrambled eggs or boiled eggs at the moment? I don’t like sunny side ups and poached eggs require some good soup in my case… And tamagoyaki is almost like scrambled eggs… I still can eat so many other eggy dishes especially adding some other items :slight_smile: Really wonderful. Eggs and meat (usually pork) are the 2 big pillars of my diet and now that September comes I start only with them :slight_smile: To the point that added fat is out too except maybe my last lard as it came from my chuck roast so it belongs to it :smiley:

Your meals have a certain retaurant class presentation to them…whereas mine are more food piled onto the plate in cafeteria class presentation!
:rofl:

Lambs’ liver is definitely up there as a favourite of mine. :+1::yum:

But yours are so colorful too! Nothing is wrong with good cafeteria food! Even our school food had some rare good items… Most of them were bad though… If people put their mind into it, they can even mess up boiled potatoes (okay, they need to buy bad ones but still).

But @ElgynsToy’s photos have some special quality, I often wonder what is the secret. Mine is nothing like that even if I would use a colorful food. Something about the lighting, mostly, my kitchen get little so I use the kitchen lamp too… Well the depth of field is huge too, I use my camera and for reasons I need to use a small depth of field (little light and not good when the ISO is high)… But I think it’s the light…

I eat at my desk here in the sun room, so the light is very good ; )

I do actually have a dining table out here too… lovely big oak one with 6 matching chairs… but it’s covered in an assortment of craft projects in varying states of completion :rofl:

And for tonight’s repast, at the risk of breaking my abstinence journey…I’m having Jack Daniels rump steak (defrosted from freezer) with Fiery Chilli & Mozzarella Pesto Roasted Veg (cauliflower, sugarsnap peas, mushrooms, red pepper).

Nice and spicy one.

(Jane) #798

Yellow curry chicken over riced cauliflower

Another person who produces restaurant class dishes! Looks very appetising!

Had 2MAD today, brunch as follows (16:8…better than nothing!):
Small pork sausages on sliced edam cheese, with butter scrambled egg, lo salt & pepper & smoked paprika.

Belter of an evening meal tonight!
Full of flavour, taste buds buzzing out of my noggin!
2 x Chinese style marinated pork chops with fat on (1 left over for tomorrow), the leftover chilli & mozarella pesto roast veg from last night.
Plus I steamed a bag of fresh spinach for a few minutes, drained the green juice then put in a pan to melt with a few scoops of Piladelphia light cream cheese (and added a sprinkling of garlic granules and celery salt for added taste).
Absolutely gorgeous combo of flavours. :yum::wink:

Definitely recommend melting Philadelhia cream cheese with spinach.
And pesto roast veg…:+1:

Looks grand : ) Wouldn’t touch a ‘light’ cream cheese with someone else’s though. I just think that low fat variants of fatty foods are 1) totally grim and 2) not to be trusted xD

No pics from me today. I was severely lacking any appetite for some reason. Just finished off the other half of yesterday’s frittata then nibbled a bit of hard goat cheese and a handful of macadamias this evening. The nuts are an experiment… want to see if they upset me at all, and if I’m now capable of showing some restraint. So far so good on both fronts, but only time will tell.

This one seems OK?

Yeah, doesn’t look super scary ; ) I really hate the thickeners in these things though. It’s just all slimy and ick. Would rather have the real deal that doesn’t need the added junk to boost the creaminess : )

And I always think about what a fantastic health benefit margarine was supposed to have without all that evil fat, and we all know how that panned out :rofl:

Not posting pics makes me sad, so here’s a comical photo of a prawn about to undergo prep xD

That response took ten times longer than it should because my PC is apparently having a stroke -_-

(Jane) #807

Beef fajitas on low carb “street taco” wraps

(Robin) #808

Speaking of slimy and ick…

Old faithful for brunch. Reheated pork sausage fridge nibbles, fried eggs with fried spring onion and bits of sliced edam cheese over eggs. Plus chipotle mayo.

Lunch. Eggy, cheesy salad : )

Got some Camembert all melted under the eggs there, little grated Parmesan. Rocket, spinach and avocado lightly dressed in EVOO and ACV.