What did you keto today? Part VI...The son of the cousin of the wife of the GMO crop of the inbred corn crop, whilst the siblings sat on their behinds drinking soda pop

food

Sirloin steak cooked medium rare, sprouting broccoli, cabbage (hiding underneath everything) and two fried eggs.

Veggies blanched then finished in the steak pan with the meat juices and some ghee, as with the eggs.

I had 2 more eggs but ate very little from my pork roast. Smallest OMAD meal ever or close.
The scrambled eggs are made with butter, it’s rare in my life as butter is so expensive and I prefer lard in most things but I had some leftover not pure butter from my holiday (it melted in the box with some cheese and sausage…) and I want to use it up already.

(Jane) #773

Is raw milk also expensive? Butter is easy to make.

eta: or if you can buy cream at a resonable price it is even easier!

As butter don’t have the huge water content of milk but so very much fattier, of course it would be horrible expensive to make it from milk or even cream. It’s for people with a cow or some odd prices or something. Anyway, I may make almost every food we eat but I have my limit. I surely wouldn’t bother with making butter! And what would I do with the leftover liquid? (When the whipping cream wasn’t as fatty as it said and it became butter, I put it into coffee :smiley: But it was little and I try to quit coffee anyway. More or less.)
Rendering lard is WAAAAY easier and cheaper. Of course it’s not the same but it’s very easy to live without butter. I just like the buttery taste and the variety so now and then I have some. It is an insignificantly tiny fragment of our food cost.

By the way, I made ghee once. I could use the loooong shelf life back then but it was a disappointingly tasteless thing (the leftover non-fat part was super tasty though :D). But I mixed it with walnuts and if it was very tasty, I would have eaten it in the first few days of my travel…

Lunch.

First ever Chaffle! With some liver mousse.

Dinner.

My beloved crispy skin salmon, asparagus, and spinach in a cheese, garlic and basil sauce <3

I haven’t posted anything in a while…I’ve been lurking in the background contemplating the mess the world is in and the degree of madness rasPutin’s damaged frontal lobe has preciptated in his bizarre and wreckless behaviour.

But anyway, never mind my period of consideration and abstract musings…some meals I’ve been ketoing whilst I’ve been reflecting on the dire folly of this world. :confused:
Sausage casserole. Beef & Pork sausages, onion, chopped tomatoes, yellow pepper, mushrooms, sausage casserole sachet and extra seasoning. served on cauliflower rice.

I allow this on OMAD:

Next day sausage casserole with added garlic mushrooms and melted cheddar cheese.

My first attempt at Thai red curry (meat was pork fillet/tenderloin).
Ingredients.

After frying in pan, combine in sauce pan.

Served up with cauliflower rice with plenty left over for fidge or freezer.

12oz sirloin/strip steak with sauteed onions, brocolli, mushrooms (soy sauce, garlic, butter, oilive oil, paprika) served on a bed of Hollondaise sauce (from a sachet mixed up with double cream).

(OMAD) just had a gammon steak with 3 messily fried eggs, which left plenty of caloric space for a nutty dessert (walnuts, Brazil nuts, Pecan nuts) of strawberries, blueberries and creme fraiche. :yum:

…and a previous one! See the theme running through here…?!

First time cooking hearts. Slow cooked 5 lambs’ hearts, stuffed with a roast chicken, chopped onion, whisked egg, garlic and parsley stuffing mixture, with lamb casserole and lamb hotpot sachet mixes, a carrot, another onion, pack of sugar snap peas and a pack of babystem brocolli.
Very nice tasting and texture after 8 hours overnight in the slow cooker. Delicious and very easy.

A brunch consiting of bacon, fried eggs, edam cheese slices, fried cherry tomatoes and spring onions.

Evening meal. Leftover stirfry with extra stir fried fresh mushrooms, leftover Thai red pork curry on cauliflower rice.

I also roasted this chicken that night for the next day, so I wouldn’t have to cook much on a public holiday
.image

Decided to cook a mushroom stroganof to go with the roast chicken.
Fried 2 punnets of sliced mushrooms, an onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, a little balsamic vinegar, salt/pepper, paprika, a little hot chilli powder in pan.

Add a tin of condensed cream of mushroom soup (instead of double or soured cream), plus 150 - 200 ml of beef stock. Reduce, then serve with roast chicken.

Tonight OMAD was simple, spicy beef kebabs and a roast chicken breast with Aioli.

And seeing it was OMAD, dessert (the usual).

(Robin) #784

Holy cow! You could feed a third world country with those meals alone!

LOL!

I have put on a couple of unwanted kilos, now that you mention it.

But I have a cunning plan…

…this cunning (daft, in other words) plan consists of the following.

Background:
i) I’m partial to most types of nuts. Roasted peanuts I have no off switch for and I have thus banned myself from buying them, especially in bulk.
ii) I buy various nuts in bulk, and tend to mix them up in the berry and cream ‘desserts’ I’m fond of when on OMAD.
iii) I’ve put on a couple of extra kilos since quitting alcohol just over three weeks ago, because I’m substituting alcohol with nuts and cream I think.
iv) I need to reverse this trend pronto. But how to cut back on nuts and cream with minimal disruption to my taste buds?

OK, these are the creams I partake in:

Bad boy number 1…clotted cream. Tastes delicious, but…
Very high calorie count- it’s huge! 555 calories per 100g.

Verdict. Restrict to twice a year- Birthday and Xmas. (Maybe Hanukkah and Thanks Giving too if at ideal weight!).

Bad boy number 2…double cream. Again tastes deklicious and the only cream that can be used to cook at high temps.
Again fairly high calorie count- 483 calories per 100ml/approx 100g.
Verdict. Restrict to sparingly use with certain sauces, like Hollondaise, once in a blue moon.

Bad boy number 3…Soured cream. Delicious again Perfect for the berries/nuts.
Good price £1 for 300ml. Relatively low calorie count- 192 calories per 100ml/approx 100g.
Verdict. Use as a treat, say once a week if on OMAD.

Bad boy number 4…Half fat Créme Fraîche. Again, delicious and perfect for the berries/nuts.
Good price £1 for 300ml. Relatively low calorie count- 171 calories per 100ml/approx 100g.
Verdict. Use as a treat, say once a week if on OMAD.

But I’ve found this alternative.

Bad bitch number 5…Alpro coconut yogurt (unsweetened)
Good price, £1.75 for 500ml. Very low calorie count- 55 calories per 100g. (Has 2.3g carbs per 100g though, which is tiny per serving).
Great taste. Appears to be a healthy low carb low calorie alternative to suit my berries and nuts.
Verdict. Use daily or as often as required, in moderation.

And as for the nuts? I’m only going to buy walnuts in future, as they are good nutrition and I don’t binge on them.

We’ll see how it goes sure :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been crappy and not posted the last couple of days. My hores are moning something chronic so I’ve been grouchy and mopey and not at all enthusiastic about anything xD

And I can’t post my daily cats because someone else has to reply to the thread before I can post again :sob:

I don’t always get kind of hungry when coming here but so many new photos since last time and they are BEAUTIFUL…
I didn’t know about sausage casseroles and that hearts can be stuffed… I prefer things simpler and meatier but can appreciate beauty :smiley:

My food isn’t interesting, just nice and usual so no photos lately. The carnivores got my oven pan full with 2330g pork chuck, roasted but it’s not such a great photo… But I will assemble OMAD sized meals soon. And I will be simpler than EVER :smiley: I already have plenty of dishes with 1-2 ingredients but I still often used several of them at once…

Our sour cream costs about the same. I consider it very calorie dense - compared to it’s easy to eat nature and high water level… I used to eat it GALORE. I changed my ways in the last years, I overeat fat from meat alone without effort sometimes, DON’T need fatty dairy on top of it. But it’s lovely in tiny amounts too! My default is no dairy though. Except quark as that is low-fat high-protein (I buy the fattiest available, of course but it’s still low-fat) so it probably satiates me well.

Oh I better post something then!!! :smiley: I wanna see new cat photos!

Lunch today:

Simple salad made with celery, cucumber and goat cheese, with eggs.

Dinner:

Lamb’s liver, with a veggie and cheese frittata (spinach, cauliflower, broccoli and garlic).

I think I have an egg addiction… always have.

I consider it normal appreciation of eggs…
My eggs consumption diminished since I eat more meat than in the beginning on carnivore, it’s maybe about 5-6 eggs a day now? Sometimes even less. I had this amount when I was really bored of eggs before… (Because what else could I possibly eat? Anyway, they were still fine in some forms just not in their normal simple ones.)
But I rarely went over 10 a day, I am pretty stable with my numbers, apparently :slight_smile: My record was 12 as far as I know.