What did you keto today? Part VI...The son of the cousin of the wife of the GMO crop of the inbred corn crop, whilst the siblings sat on their behinds drinking soda pop

food

Dinner was chook and brussels.

Sauced the sprouts up a bit in the chicken juices and a little cream cheese with some garlic, gochugaru and a pinch of mixed herbs to liven it a touch.

Main meal today this evening. Experimenting again.
Peri Peri Chichen with peppers, a leftover Chinese style marinated pork chop, steamed babystem broccoli, yellow pepper, mushrooms and spinach combined together in the sauce pan with a tub of cottage cheese, some Philadelphia cream cheese, celery salt and garlic powder (some of this cheesy veg leftover for tomorrow).
Not bad, plenty of variation in flavours that bizarrely almost complimented each other (if you close your eyes!).
I think the cream cheese is better to cook with than cottage cheese (cottage cheese doesn’t melt, and doesn’t taste as good as cream cheese with the spinach).

(Jane) #813

Faux spaghetti made with shredded cabbage, Rao Ariabatta sauce and cheese.

No pics today because I literally just threw everything in a big bowl and mixed it up. Not so pretty.

There ya go:

Oh, yeah… the nuts and chocolate didn’t go in the bowl, because that would have been a wee bit weird xD

How an earth did you stop at 24g of nuts AND 18g of chocolate?

I’m super impressed! :laughing:

I often eat 0.3g peanuts and 10g chocolate is a normal portion in my world, well if I eat the chocolate alone and in solid form, otherwise 5g is good… It’s usually a bit different with chocolate in a package and it matters what kind but I usually eat my own “chocolate” sauce.
I wouldn’t inhale 85% chocolate either. And I don’t know what macadamia nuts are like. Surely ate it once or twice but it’s something exotic and not among my favs. I prefer walnuts and pecans :slight_smile:

Why small amounts are so odd to people? One can learn to eat little of almost anything, can’t they? Maybe not everyone need to but nuts and chocolate aren’t satiating to me and I easily overeat so I had to learn to use mini amounts or nothing at all.

But today I had RABBIT STEW!!! :rabbit2::stew::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
For my 3rd meal (the 2nd was a snack but it’s still a meal) as it got ready late.
Not carnivore but good enough for me!

Too onion-y, we will lower the amount next time. It made it too sweet and I dislike sweetness in my meaty dishes, one very special exception is the other rabbit dish my SO makes. That has a sour and sweet sauce and it somehow works.

I had other things too I won’t list now.

I prefer bony parts so I had a front leg (we jokingly call it “wing”… as it is tiny like a chicken wing while the hind legs are big and meaty) and a part with ribs. I never eat the bigger hind legs. My SO very strongly prefers the meatier parts and the breasts (to me chicken and rabbit breasts are the same too lean odd textured borderline edible stuff so I avoid both) so sharing a little animal is very good for both of us, we don’t need to eat parts we dislike.

Be you!

For tonight, OMAD, defrosted lamb heart stew with last night leftover,

“steamed babystem broccoli, yellow pepper, mushrooms and spinach combined together in the sauce pan with a tub of cottage cheese, some Philadelphia cream cheese, celery salt and garlic powder.”

So easy :smile:

(Allie) #819

Today I bought a boneless rolled breast of lamb, roasted it in the halogen oven then cut it up and ate it, dipped in lashes of mayo… Bertie got a taste too of course :grin:

I still think the halogen is brilliant, I doubt I’ll use the conventional oven again: I sure don’t miss cleaning racks!

Well, I was mostly full of chicken and eggs so it was easier to moderate. If I’d gone straight to the nuts and dark chocolate, it may not have been so smooth ; )

Honestly though, keto and IF has really started to calm down my emotional eating very well. I rarely find myself craving a snack. The booze has been harder to drop although far, far easier than I imagined it would be for me. When I start to feel weak there, I just make another herbal tea… I drink a LOT of herbal tea these days xD

That’s brilliant! You sound strong, well done with cutting booze too!
I still daren’t get a bag of nuts, I feel fantastic but I don’t trust myself yet!

Do you feel more energetic?

Hell yes. I’m so unaccustomed to it that I’m crazy restless every day. I literally can’t just sit any more or I’ll go nuts… haha… nuts… :upside_down_face:

Please.

This is not me- it was here well before I came here, and you, and us. :slightly_smiling_face:

A Keto daily Topic/Thread…everyone welcome.

Maybe time for new topic/thread?

“What did you keto today? ME. I ketoed me, and helped some people and 2 dogs. Then I prayed that rasPutin would die. LOVE :green_heart:

Hey Paul!

(admin extraordinaire)

Could you close this thread in lieu of the new one?

It will help searching recent posts…that one was getting very busy, not least by my crap creations lol!

Thanks!.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) closed #827