What did you keto today? Part VI...The son of the cousin of the wife of the GMO crop of the inbred corn crop, whilst the siblings sat on their behinds drinking soda pop

food

Weird. BP bounced way back to the high direction last night and this morning, having come from 102/74 90bpm.
Last night middnight, 142/94 86bpm, 08:14 this morning, 140/93 79 bpm.

I think I’m using too much salt on the OMAD meal? I mean, I add sea salt, salt in the soy suce, salt in the Worcestershire sauce, salt in the paprika/onion seasoning, sometimes garlic salt, and when I use steak seasoning there’s salt in that too.

I think I’ll switch to that Lo Salt instead of regular sea salt, and not add salt at all if I’m usung other sauces/salt containing seasoning. I drink a lot of fluids, so water retention with the extra salt may be leading to higher readings? I’ll try then see how that goes.

Doin another sort-of OMAD today. Beef liver later on, but just a green tea for right now.
However, matcha green tea had flax and chia seeds added, about 4 blueberries, 2 cherry tomatoes and a heaped tsp of soured cream before being blitzed in nutri bullet. Quite satisfying tbh.

Have you always had issues with high BP? I ask because from what I’ve been learning, the body is adept at processing whatever level of sodium you put into into it, retaining only what it needs, and that a high salt intake in and of itself doesn’t appear to correlate with high BP too much at all. But if you have an existing issue, then it would indeed make sense to moderate this.

Of course, I’m far from an expert in such matters, so feel free to take my advice with a pinch of salt :rofl:

I think I’ve always been borderline high, just naturally.
I’m a stressor at times!

I also suffer from ‘White Lab Coat’ syndrome, when my BP seems to go through the roof when getting measured in a clinical setting.
To be fair, it doesn’t help when they measure after an inexperienced nurse has stabbed your arm a few times with a needle the size of a spade trying to get properly into the vein (sometimes I feel like taking it off them and do it myself. Although to be fair last Friday the experienced nurse was straight in and I never even felt it, and no bruise). That’s bound to set your BP running high.
They should let you relax for 5 minutes, take your BP, then take your bloods.

But with the home monitor I’m much more relaxed.
Even with the borderline high readings I’m not that worried, as BP is only one factor in the risk assesment for stroke etc., and some people (maybe me) are just naturally towards the higher part of the normal scale.

I’ll try the salt experiment anyway.

Luuuuuurnch.

Spinach and avo dressed in a little lime juice and EVOO, two fried eggs and halloumi.

Lunch, the ‘deli man’ has just visited, he’s left another serrano ham and this smoked thing. I’ve no idea what it’s called as I can’t understand him, it’s very salty.

Oh the colors!!! And textures! And I am even hungry since some time!!!
Beautiful :heart_eyes:

I have photos this time too! Fried chicken liver and my planned lunch. Not really planned, I haven’t any idea about the macros, is it much? Is it little? Seems okay-ish…? I just put food on a plate, actually.

I only will eat a part of the liver, I fried up 500g, that is all on the plate :slight_smile:

Looks lovely. I love liver and actually remembered to add some to next month’s order this time xD I also really like the look of your little egg puffs! Super : )

On the way back from Carly’s walk I picked these (yes, half price!) elements up:
The pork sausages I’m doing in the oven, for fridge nibs, brunches and Carly food.
The onions are just because they were there and it saves me slicing some (lazy keto).
I’ll do sautee them first in butter, remove, then add the steak pieces to the pan.
When they are nearly done I’ll add the beef liver and do about two minutes each side.
Might add mushrooms, might not…it is OMAD after all
image image

Sausages cooked in oven, primarily for Carly and the odd nibble, but also for future LCHP brunch wraps or omelettes.
I think I may be eating too many sausages.
It’s not that they make me feel bad or anything, it’s just that I’m concious that they are a processed meat.
I’ll maybe scale back on sausages and swap for chicken wings/thighs or prawns or something. Or even stick to the tinned mackerel or sardines which would be gentler on the wallet than prawns/chicken.

@ElgynsToy: I adore my sponge cakes myself but calling them egg puffs? :smiley: Thanks, it sounds so good, I have certain problems to name my creations properly, it’s easier in my own language…

@coopdawg: How many sausages do you eat on an average day? Or on a sausage-y one? My record is probably 2 or 3 but I make sure I have few weeks with that many (for the whole week). But I like my normal food so I never need more, it’s easy that way.
And what. Mackerel is cheaper than chicken wings there? I am envious. Chicken is cheap meat (not as much as in the past but still… except breast and fancy chicken where they are kept/fed better or not but they fulfill some requirement) here while tinned fish is quite expensive except the cheapest stuff like sardines that I don’t like. Mackerel is lovely and expensive and less available especially not in some sugary sauce or seed oil.
I fancy fish nowadays but it’s hard. Maybe I buy hake again (quite cheap with bones but tasteless) and figure out how to make it right. A stew, maybe?

Yeah, the tinned mackerel and sardines are cheap, and still are nutritious.
These are 125g e tins; mackerel tin costs £0.80, sardines even less at £0.40.

One tin and an egg or two is enough for brunch.

Dinner!

This is the left over beef short rib, cooked up a second time in the braising liquid until it reduced, with some Brussels thrown in for good measure. Then added a dash of heavy cream to the sauce. Simple one today.

I can buy the cheapest tinned herring for that price :frowning: And it’s waaaaay more expensive than my beloved pork. But variety so okay, sometimes :slight_smile: But some sugar too. Sigh.

I don’t even entertain the idea to start eating if I have so minimal food, not even on carnivore but give me some decent amount of pork before and it will be good! :slight_smile:

OK, just finished the OMAD. Carly had to help me eat it- bigger portions than I realised.
Plus she was putting a very heavy head on my lap and drooling all over me…must’ve been the liver effect.

Anyways, I wouldn’t have been able to finish in one sitting otherwise.
Red and white sliced onions sauteed in olive oil and butter.
I added a little soy sauce & Worcestershire sauce, plus turmeric powder and garlic granules.

Transfer onions to sauce pan and get cooking steak pieces.

Actually, now the beef liver looks bigger than I thought it was, now that it is out of the packet.

I sliced up, then fried about 3 or 4 minutes each side (slices were quite thick).

Served up- fried sliced beef liver, butter sauteed red & white onion and fried steak pieces. Accompanied with a generous dollop of English musterd.
Carly helped me eat some of the liver and a good deal of the steak pieces. Very nice, the different flavours mixed together (onion, garlic, butter, mustard, liver, steak).
Stronger, more bitter taste than the milder lambs’ liver.
I think I prefer the lambs’ liver, but this was good too, and i know it’s highly nutritious.
I think if I was to have beef liver just by itself I would try soaking in milk first…I’ll try that next time. But I enjoyed it.

Meant to post this pic too:

(Robin) #746

You’re killing me here!

But I’m killing you in a good way, right? I never planned on murder… :sob::sweat_smile:

So… I ate a breakfast today o_O Just a couple fried eggs over some lightly dressed spinach and feta.

Lunch:

Burgers made with 20% fat beef mince (seasoned with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, gochugaru and a pinch of mixed herbs), stuffed with blue cheese and garlic. Served with buttered cabbage and asparagus, little parmesan grated over at the end.

Looks great!

Wow, I made a food photo I am actually pleased with! The baby sunflower and my awesome skull goblet surely helped :smiley:

It was my dinner, more or less. Vaguely this. I left some and ate some more as usual. it wasn’t a big meal but I had some fried pork for an early lunch (I called it pre-lunch but I had no lunch at lunchtime so let’s call it an unusually early and tiny lunch, at 12:30. my dinner happened around/after 5pm).

The blurred yellow things (the not egg puff ones) - as the focus must be on my pork and flower - are quark quiche muffins. IDK what are the limits of quiche but these are similar to my normal ones, just with quark. The non-sausage one contains a little cheese. They were nice.