What did you keto today? Part VI...The son of the cousin of the wife of the GMO crop of the inbred corn crop, whilst the siblings sat on their behinds drinking soda pop

food

(Allie) #703

Whole, 180c, based on 20 mins per pound in the conventional oven - they don’t take long at all, not tried in the halogen oven yet. Apparently you can stuff them to add flavour but I’m a purist.

And the damage was done :anguished:

I’m confident i’ll bounce back quickly though, maybe with a bit of extended IF.
Hey, didn’t someone say it may be beneficial to occasionally bounce out and in to keto for enhanced metabolism rates? (trying to scrape back something positive out of this :pensive:)

OK, what is it? 12 days I’m off alcohol?

I just took my BP there:

Systolic- 117
Diastolic- 77
Pulse- 83 resting

When I was drinking regularly, readings were more like this:

Systolic- average 137, but anything between 125 and 148
Diastolic- typically hovered around 95, but anything between 92 and 99
Pulse- 93 to 99 bpm resting :sweat_smile:

Wow. I knew alcohol sent the heart rate racing by checking the ‘fit bit’ watch monitor previously.
But clearly it’s detrimental with sending blood pressure high as well.

This is only one reading, but I’ll repeat to get a trend. :confused::sweat_smile:

And…also heading back into deep ketosis after that brief sojourn with demon sandwiches and a bun yesterday afternoon!
At least I know these things are easily turned around, fast back into ketosis…not that I plan to make a habit out of it.

I never skipped a meal last night :pensive:
I had this smallish meal instead.

Sort of doing OMAD today (going to try beef liver for first time later), but had to have a nibble there to stop stomach grumbling. Had these pickled mussels (it’s almost 16:00 anyway).

Actually, I might just chin the rest of the beef sausages with Queen Bitch-Pup here, and a couple of eggs for good measure, and save the beef liver for tomorrow. Lazy keto strikes again!

Yesterday was only a brief dip in ketosis anyway, hardly reason to get your knickers in a twist fs. :rofl:

Have this braising slow and low in the oven right now:

Don’t mind the date… pulled it out of the freezer yesterday ; ) Last of my meat delivery from last month.

I have some pork ribs in the freezer…decisions decisions!

Beef sausaages and eggs probably- get rid of the produce in order.

I had a little walk… And found wild champignon mushrooms! But we just had a proper rain yesterday… Maybe there was a little while I was on holiday?

It was months ago we found any and today isn’t a carni day yet so I had to taste it. With onions and scrambled eggs… Our newest small tomato wasn’t fully red yet but I thought the color will be nice (and it’s still tasty just a bit sour, perfect. I prefer sour ones. fortunately it’s not really sweet in its ripe state either).
Wild mushrooms are usually tasty, champignons always are (the edible ones, I mean, there are toxic ones tasting bad - I just have read it, I don’t eat the bad ones. that is super easy to tell, champignons are easy like that)… They are still nice, I just pretty much lost interest in mushrooms and vegs alike at this point. So I never desire them, I just eat them a few times a year when we find some (not every time when we find some, that would be too much) and it’s not as great as in the past but still quite pleasant and it’s nice to have special meals like that, it has an emotional extra joy (I get most of it without eating the mushroom though. but I like to feel free to eat it sometimes).

Not a great pic but little light, little patience… It still shows what I wanted to show :slight_smile:

I totally thought of @coopdawg at some point :slight_smile: Our mushrooms were bigger and wilder but there were similarities :wink:
I only get those tiny button ones when I buy them canned… And then I pour tarragon white wine vinegar onto it and that’s so awesome… No problem that their taste is subtle, the vinegar makes it good… Except I can’t find my fav vinegar anymore :frowning: Or any white wine vinegar without a ton of sugar in it (about the THIRD of it).
And I dislike apple cider vinegar and the plain, cheap, agressive super strong vinegar we used in my childhood and now I use it for cleaning as the water is extremely hard here (but okay taste wise and it’s not something the majority of the country has)…
Sigh. I will continue to search. I wasn’t serious until now as I hoped it will reappear in the usual supermarkets. But it didn’t.

Managed to find an unpasteurised cheese in Tesco today. Ofc, it’s their ‘posh’ brand (well… as posh as Tesco gets xD)

Almost pay day, then I get make my monthly meat and cheese orders and get all the really good stuff ; )

Just checked my BP again there. Strange. :confused::worried:

Very low systolic.
I’m 102/74 with a pulse of 90 (I had just ran down the stairs shortly before).

Still in OK range, but i can’t rember being that low since i’ve started monitoring.
Think I’ll get something to eat and perhaps a coffee, some salt too. Then retest.

Is my body trying to tell me to drink alcohol?!?
:thinking:

I’m joking, and I won’t!

Rather than just a few beef sausages and eggs, decided to opt to cook an omelette instead, with these:

Beware ready grated/shredded cheeses… a lot of them are bulked out with potato starch : (

You’re right!

Who knew? I never thought to check such a straighforward ingredient…it’s on now anyway :man_shrugging:

Messy omelette!
(Never bothered with spring onions and tomatoes, I’ll save them for tomorrow.)
A red onion, punnet of button mushrooms, a red pepper, 8 beef sausages sliced up (I will share these with Carly!!!), all stir fried with Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, butter, olive oil, sal & pepper, turmeric,smoked paprika and garlic.
When done, added 3 whisked eggs and cooked.
Added chipotle mayo to top and some grated cheddar, then finished off by melting cheese under the gril.

Dinner today.

Braised beef short rib on a bed of buttered cabbage, with a brussels sprout, spinach, garlic and blue cheese frittata. All hail my baby iron skillet xD

:drooling_face: :yum:

Your posh frittata (posh Italian omelette!), beef rib and buttered cabbage side has knocked my poxy messy omelette beef sauage leftover Frankenstein creation outa’ the ballpark!!!

:disappointed_relieved::cry::sob::sweat_smile::rofl::joy:

Haha xD I just really love to cook… and food… I love food :rofl:

(Robin) #729

Don’t make me come over there!

(Robin) #730

All hail is right!