What did you keto today? Part VI...The son of the cousin of the wife of the GMO crop of the inbred corn crop, whilst the siblings sat on their behinds drinking soda pop

food

Thanks, but it’s maybe not as varried as you think!

I tend to do a lot of stir frying, I just try to vary/rotate the cruciferous veg and sauce flavours to keep it less repetitive.

I oven cook a lot, and roasting veg with different flavours of pesto is good way to vary your palate.

There’s loads of different things you can do with minced/ground beef/meat.

Then there’s fish, particularly fillets of salmon, mackerel, sea bass, trout (white fish like cod, haddock, pollock too) are great pan fried or baked…but also tinned sardines, mackerel (and then there’s prawns/mussels/cockles/scallops, oysters etc. both fresh and pickled).

There’s loads of options. The only things we are really excluding is root veg, starchy tubers, grains, rice and pasta etc. Oh, and sugary, starchy processed crap. Miss salt & vinegar crisps? Have a handful of salt & vinegar nuts or pork crackling. Miss dessert and fruit? Have berries and cream.

I love black and white puds, so I was sad about the grains (not so much for the carb content, but because I’m set on staying as clean as possible). But I found that one of the sites I bookmarked for getting my meats actually sells a keto version with no grains. Think I’ll be buying some : )

I’ve always been crazy about fish and seafood, with the oily fish being a firm favourite. Gonna be a lot of that in my diet xD

You’re right, thanks for the ideas as always! I feel ready to broaden the menu now, I’ve had ‘backlogs’ of meat to use up which I’m on top of now so time to fill the fridge up!

I still don’t feel comfy with Brazil nuts or roasted peanuts as I don’t have an ‘off switch’ setting yet!

I only discovered after being on keto for a few weeks that Brazil nuts go right through me in an extremely explosive manner o_O

Big sad, because I’ve always loved them. But probably for the best for the reason you quoted ; )

Just had an omelette for brunch; delicious even though I say so myself!
Button mushrooms, sliced beef sausage (cooked fridge nibbles from yesterday), halved cherry tomatoes, spring onion and 3 whisked eggs.
Added soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, paprika/onion seasoning, chipotle mayo and grated cheddar cheese.

Add garlic, paprika/onion seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce

Add 3 whisked large eggs, then when cooked, put under grill to ensure top cooked; then I added some chipotle Mayo on top
Then I added grated mature cheddar and melted under the grill

Near too big to fit on the plate! Will share with Carly though, taking care not to give her any spring onions.

And…the pork crunch packets have just arrived. Take me a while getting through these!

I’m going to copy your lunch, it looks great! I’ll have to ‘create’ a chipotle mayo.

Wowzer on the scratchings!

Take a while even to get through one bag.

Hopefully you’ll be able to tolerate them in the future. It’s strange how we change to some ingredients that we’ve been fine with for years. I get toe ache from spinach which whilst I’m not bothered about it certainly is weird :woman_shrugging:
I managed 12 days on one Brazil nut a day for selenium, then ate the whole pack in under 5 mins. The Brazil nut off switch is still broken!

That’s… special xD How very bizarre!

I’ve never had an off switch for nuts either. Cashews and pistachios in particular. As it’s way too easy for me to stuff myself silly on them, I think I’d be wise to follow your lead on that and simply not go there.

(Robin) #653

Nuts are a gateway drug.

Having read through the ingredients there, party-pooper, purist little ole me is gonna have to give those a pass too xD Soya, Wheat, and MSG. Though I’m still kind of torn on the MSG (love the stuff, actually). A lot of contradictory info floating about on that one. Can’t say I’ve ever noticed a reaction in the past, but I’m still unsure if it’s really as bad as some people assert, or as harmless as others will insist it is ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Wheat and Soya though = big, fat nope.

Here’s hoping that making my own turns out to be a successful endeavour : )

Yeah, well…if you make them jalapeno/chilli flavoured, make sure you don’t accidentally rub your eyes before washing your hands…like I just bloody did.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :expressionless:

Oh, ouch xD

Made that mistake after cutting some Scotch Bonnet once… a mistake I never repeated o_O

Then there was the time I’d chopped some chilies for an evening meal, and had actually washed my hands but could still feel a little burn a while later… it eased, I forgot, and put my hand out to greet one of my cats who did her usual of booping it… never seen a cat bolt like that nor spend so much time at the water bowl. Poor old girl. Never quite forgave myself.

A smaller version with last of roast pork and chorizo

Looks great- very appetising!
And a far more sensible portion size too! (carly ate a fair bit of mine…honest.)

(Little Miss Scare-All) #659

Maybe you should pee first. Then wash your hands. Try that next time.

Today’s dinner.

Base salad is spinach, watercress, rocket, celery and avocado, dressed with a mixture of ACV, EVOO, garlic, grated parmesan and parsley. That’s topped with goat cheese, some asparagus sweated off in butter along with some of the chicken I cooked up yesterday, then some boiled eggs and a few dabs of some Hunter & Gather lime and chipotle mayo.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #661

Omg your egg yolks are amazing. I can never find eggs like that around my parts. Beautiful.

You’re bad to the bone! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: