What did you keto today? Part VI...The son of the cousin of the wife of the GMO crop of the inbred corn crop, whilst the siblings sat on their behinds drinking soda pop

food

Gorgeous, right? Very lucky to have pasture raised right on the doorstep, and if I can’t get those for any reason I order from ‘the good egg fellas’ online.

Tonight’s monstrosity?
Peri Peri marinaded chicken, prepared by butcher, blasted in oven for 45mins, and I just complimented it with the brocolli and red pepper stir fry leftovers from last night.
Sprinkled over with hard cheese.
Nice variation of flavours, and simple to prepare.

I’ll need to calm down with these so called deserts…too many nuts (=calories) creeping in.
I’ll have to be more disciplined in future methinks.

But for tonight it’s already too late!
But tomorrow is a new day, new regime. (It’s still keto tonight though!)
Sliced strawberries, blueberries, creme fraiche, grated 100% cocoa, brazil nut halves, walnut halves, pecan nut halves, couple blocks of 100% cocoa.
Happy birthday Dena. :ok_hand::yum:

(Doug) #666

Shrimp

S h r i m p

(Little Miss Scare-All) #667

@OldDoug Some big ass shrimp. I can taste them just by looking at them. Fabulous.

@coopdawg thank you, homie. Appreciate you.

Had an early brunch today as I have an appointment to go to.
Decided to go ahead and scoff the remaining black and white pud as they are small slices and didn’t really impact ketosis that much, and not for much time anyway.
Had a couple slices cooked ham, couple slices mature cheddar on top, couple of sunny side up fried eggs on top of that, fried halved cherry tomatoes & spring onion, black & white pudding slices and some chipotle mayonnaise.

Yeah, ketosis (acetone in breath) level dropping already…but it’ll be a quick bouce back :cowboy_hat_face:

Yip, just tested the acetone (ketosis scale) again…that’s me boucing back into ketosois and heading towards 6/6+ hopefully by tonight.
I am going to eat some cabbage, onion, sugar snap peas and red pepper along with the ‘meat’ tonight…so I’ll see how that goes.
I’m not really worried at all about fluctuating levels anymore, because the bounce back into keto seems to be rapid.

Managed to scoop these half price beauties for the freezer, when I stopped to fuel the car on the way home this evening. Food inflation? Not sure what you’re on about tbh :wink:

For tonight:
Lambs’ liver, bacon lardons, shredded savoy cabbage, red onion and red pepper. Maybe button mushrooms…maybe not.

No point in me posting today’s efforts as it’s pretty much still all the same ingredients as the last two days, just thrown together slightly differently xD On to something new day after tomorrow I reckon.

Today has actually been a great test of my resolve, I’ll tell you that. After an early night to be fresh for my first day back at work this week, I ended up getting woken up countless time by flies. Yes, flies. I truly despise them. But this is what happens when you have the house all opened up and one of your cats insists on bringing rabbits back to the garden to snack on -_-

Then work was irritating (really it’s the people, not the actual work). Tired and grumpy me actually craved a bottle of wine for the first time in a month or more, and almost couldn’t be bothered to cook. But I beat that. So go me : )

Yay! For holding back on the carby wine.

That’s me about to go into day 10 completely sober…but who’s counting?!?
:confused:

Seriously, if you’d told me 2 or 3 months ago that I’d happily manage 6 weeks sober, I’d have told you to feck right off. It was unthinkable. The last time in a long time that I went any length of time (7 whole days xD) without drinking was when I was given a course of those evil, super strong antibiotics for an abscess in my lower jaw. Felt like I was ready to climb the walls by day 3 xD

Keto does magical things to a person that I never imagined possible o_O

Sounds pathetic, but even 10 days is the longest I’ve went ‘clean’ in a long, long time :pensive:

I’ve done plenty of 7 days off, because that’s part of my job when on standby 24/7 one week in five…but 10 days+ is a novelty for me!

Well, maybe it’ll catch on with you, maybe it won’t. All in all it’s your call, and if you don’t want that, you don’t have to do it ; )

Oh wow.
This one knocked it right out of the ball park. Yes sireee.
(See how good I am at complimenting myself? I find it good for one’s mental health!)
Ingredients as earlier in thread. Steam the shredded savoy cabbage, sugarsnap peas and button mushrooms for a bout 8-10 minutes. At the same time sauté off the red onion and red pepper.

Get the stir fry sauce ingredients ready: soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, English mustard, tumeric, garlic, salt & pepper, paprika and onion (chip seasoning).

Drain the steamed veg and add to the frying pan/onion/pepper.
After frying for a bit in olive oil, add the sauce/spice ingredients.

When cooked, add butter and cook further before transferring to saucepan to keep warm.

Get the bacon lardons and lambs’ liver into the pan with your favourite olive oil. I do the liver 3 minutes each side, and then fry the bacon a little longer to crisp up.

Serve up…absolutely delicious…bursting with flavours. Ladies & gentlemen, I commend this meal to the House. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Plenty of stir fry left over for tomorrow to compliment brunch etc.

And just for the clean heck of it…why not some dessert? You guessed it…
Blueberries, strawberries, this time round it’s soured cream, brazil nut halves, pecan nut halves, walnut halves, sprinkled with grated 100% cocoa and added a couple squares of 100% cocoa. Belter.

(Robin) #679

Go you is right!
huzzah!

Standard brunch fare…fried bacon rashers and two eggs scrambled with butter, at 14:00.

Was still hungry, so ate an avocado with some soured cream and walnuts.

I don’t know what’s going on with me.
I’ve noticed I’m getting a great night’s sleep, springing up in the mornings, heading into site even when I don’t have to, plenty of energy…as you would expect after having stopped drinking (it’s well out of my system now).
But, for some reason, like right now, at around 17:00 I get a wave of tiredness and can barely keep my eyes open.
It would nearly remind me of the the way I felt after eating a carby meal when I was Type 2…although i’ve checked now, I’m in ketosis and I haven’t been eating carby meals. (I had bacon and eggs for brunch and an avacado).
It’s weird.
I used to have my first alcoholic drink around 16:30, and I seemed to stay up later and be less sleepy than I am now.
Bizarre- I would’ve thought the opposite should be true.
I’m probably still adjusting.
Made this drink to perk me up as I don’t want to have a nap at this time, I’d rather stay up and get one good night’s sleep right through till morning.
Matcha green tea, handful of blueberries, soured cream, a few table spoons each of chia and flax seeds, blitzed in the nutri bullet.

Well done on the drink break! It’s not an easy habit to break, I’ve been there too :crazy_face:
You’re lucky to get that drowsy feeling, I’d pay serious dosh to get that nodding off feeling as I’ve had it only twice. Everybody here talks about getting extra energy from Keto/carni and I’m hoping I won’t get anymore :laughing: