What did you keto today? Part VI...The son of the cousin of the wife of the GMO crop of the inbred corn crop, whilst the siblings sat on their behinds drinking soda pop

food

(J) #602

Smoked a roast and some ground beef for a slow cooker chili.

(Robin) #603

@Janie, you’re killing me!

(Robin) #604

Whoa. Killer meat right there. Good job!

(Allie) #605

It’s just belly pork cut up into pieces.

I’ve done it before to reheat belly pork leftovers.

Creamy, buttery, silky texture. Best eaten at slightly higher than fridge temperatures, as it’s a bit hard straight from the fridge. Yeah it’s lovely.

Should make anything taste better!

I’d use whole nuts though, dry roasted peanuts would be good…other heathier nuts are also available.

Yeah, I keep meaning to get to my butcher friend (two towns away) to place a bulk order of good meats and the more alternative meats.

I’ll check Tescos and Lidl too.

Got another delivery today (never used to get deliveries on a Sunday).
A kilo of pecan nuts. Should take me awhile getting through them.

(Allie) #610

I made lamb curry.

Looks good enough to hoover up.

(Allie) #612

It was, won’t be eating until tomorrow now :grin:

I fancy curry now…hmmm. :thinking:

(Allie) #614

I’ve decided I need to cook them more often. Paid for a delivery last week and was disappointed. Bought a couple pre-made from supermarket after that, better than the one I had delivered but still not ideal… so I’ve ended up cooking, in a heat wave, beef curry yesterday, lamb today… :grin:

Sour cream in tea/coffee? :nauseated_face::scream:
(Each to their own, I don’t judge you, just your concoction in relation to my tastes :D)

I buy Kikkoman in 1 liter bottles myself :slight_smile: It’s salty but I keep that in mind when putting it into dishes. It lasts forever as we stopped having vegetable rice and veggie pasta, even my SO who still eats grains all the time. Sometimes I pour it on my most boring and dry meats but I got pretty good at choosing and making my meat so it’s rare too… It’s in my seitan but that isn’t something I frequently eat either… Once I made it only for Alvaro I think but he got used to meat and loves eggs… It’s good with eggs but eggs are good without it too. Eggs are just awesome.

? What the hell are cracklings there? Skin fried in oil?
Our most similar stuff is pork belly after one renders out a ton of fat (and keeping a ton of fat in)… :smiley: That’s fatty but it’s the opposite of adding oil to it :smiley:
And I make my own. Without skin. IDK how to call that thing but it’s good. It lacks the crunchy skin texture, sure but mine has much meat while buying cracklings with meat isn’t that trivial and I only like that kind. The other isn’t bad but I miss the meat.

Never made proper cracklings on my own… I suppose I should try. I need to get the proper ingredient for it and I typically don’t shop at such places…

Oh, peanuts. I failed the no peanut month in August too. But I never eat more than 10g, it’s something. It’s a very high amount (I can do half a piece since several months as carnivore changed me), I did it way better before (even my normal generous amount is 5g, not 10…) but I am sick and don’t care. And it’s not the worst I eat… I go back to carni real soon.

@Janie: BEAUTIES! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

My mind tend to change it into a more familiar English word and I end up with knotted cream and that’s a nice image, creamy stuff in some interesting pattern creamy stuff never does… or maybe in some fancy super expensive mixer…

Our catfish turned out great and we both enjoyed it much. A big part of it is in the future for me, it will be satisfying! And so so odd, it isn’t fatty but it kinda feels like so? Tasty and tender and a bit something like creamy…? Like fatty stuff.

And my card reader ate my CF card so no photo yet.

Yes! I’ve never made them- so they are just ‘baked’ in their own fat then, no extra frying?
Don’t know why I thought that…probably because I was thinking of them as a keto substitute for potato chips/crisps!?! Every day is a school day.

I’ve seen raw pork rind on Morrison’s supermarket’s meat aisle in northern Scotland but not noticed it in England. Might be worth checking in Ireland?

Late brunch today, 15:05…hungry!
Smoked turkey lardons (I’ve never had before), black and white pudding, scrambled eggs (3). Sauce.

Black puddings disintegrated a little, but still hit the spot :slight_smile:

We don’t have Morrissons in Northern Ireland I’m afraid.

I’ll see if i can get some from my butcher mate, might be fun to attempt to make.

It’s a cake walk!

Not much comes out my oven un-crackled :grin:

Although, this also led me to believe they were fried as well:
From the article: