What did you keto today? Part VI...The son of the cousin of the wife of the GMO crop of the inbred corn crop, whilst the siblings sat on their behinds drinking soda pop

food

(Robin) #582

Good lookin’ eats there

Also, this looks kind of simple… wonder how easy it would be for me to get pork skin :thinking:

(Robin) #584

Whatever that is… no matter how keto friendly, I cannot go there. After one bite, I would be figuring how much I could eat for my total carbs in a day. I would have a mental orgasm and never recover. Just the photo is like, not today, Stan!

Edit… that should have said Satan. But Stan is better and will now be my go-to…. Not today, Stan!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #585

You, sir, are a ninja.

I didn’t keto nuffin’ yet. I’m going to heat up my chicken drumsticks that I felt mentally competent enough to actually cook this week. Robotic choice making ftw.

(Jane) #586

Smoked burnt ends pork belly.

Smoked for 2 hours

Added sauce and smoked another hour 20 minutes. Melt-in-your-mouth tender!

Looks absolutely fabulous. I love pork belly, and I honestly don’t believe there’s much food that doesn’t improve with a bit of smoking : )

I need to get some of them.

I haven’t seen them at the supermarket, going to have to trawl the butchers.

I imagine they are like pork ribs taste and fat wise?

Before bed (yes i’m that boring these days, besides I was up early to work!), small amount of bluberries (natch), some soured cream (natch again), and at the risk of OD’ing on selenium today, a small amount of brazil nut haves.

(Ha Dena! Yes, I like nuts…beat ya to it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:).

(Little Miss Scare-All) #590

Im well familiar with sour cream. Sometimes you use clotted cream. Ive seen it used a bunch on cooking shows but never had it. What does it taste like?

The name is off-putting. It sounds like the commercialized processing of the calcified mush that’s squeezed out of an artery.

^ This

As soon as I finished reading the recipe, my mind had already tweaked it to fit my preferences… :slightly_smiling_face:

10 tbsp coconut oil
4.5 tbsp coconut flour
5 tbsp cacao powder
5 drops sugar free vanilla flavouring (sucralose)
5 tbsp erythritol
5 tsp baking powder
5 eggs

Clotted Cream. I picked it out of the fridge in Lidl, several times today. I probably annoyed other shopper’s. It’s heavenly stuff, 69% fat, thicker than mascarpone, I can eat it until it’s all gone. I put it back, it was very, very tough.
Dena, it tastes just like cream, it’s the consistency that makes it beautiful. My mum makes it into a butter ice cream - thankfully she’s in France!

Tesco sells pork belly strips. Super cheap.

They taste like most other pork, yeah. Loads of fat. They’re best cooked slow and low so they go all melty and best if you can get a nice crust on the top layer : )

Cornish clotted cream… :drooling_face: It’s heavenly.

I agree! Can you be trusted with it? I’ve failed every attempt!

Honestly… I’m not sure ; )

It’s been quite some time since I went there. Given how I feel just thinking about it though, probably not xD

:rofl:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #598

I’m going to try it, I think. Is it something that pairing with peanut butter would be possibly offensive tasting?

(Jane) #599

Yes, but fattier

(Jane) #600

Hard to find clotted cream in the US but it is super easy to make your own. Just takes a long time so you habe to plan ahead.

(Jane) #601

Peruvian chicken with burnt ends pork belly

Sauce makes this dish. Mayo, jalapeño, garlic, cilantro, lime juice and lime zest.