What did you keto today? Part VI...The son of the cousin of the wife of the GMO crop of the inbred corn crop, whilst the siblings sat on their behinds drinking soda pop

food

Think i’ll do halloumi for brunch tiomorrow…it’s been in the fridge for ages, time to get rid of it.

Not cooking tonight! Just going heat up the leftover veg stir fry and add some ready cooked cold water prawns, and add a few dollops of mayo.

Will share with Carly, so I can have a few berries and clotted cream though.

i only ate a small part of that meal above then donated the rest to Carly bear, she wolfed down but I didn’t warm to it tonight. Plus, it left a bigger whole for me to fill with this! Strawberries, bluberries, soured cream topped off clotted cream. Ah well…sometimes got to be done! More berries than usual. But still low carb…high fat :pensive:

(J) #544

It’s a NOMelette. 6 eggs. 6 slices of bacon.

(Jane) #545

Tilapia topped with a thick mixture of mayo, Parmesan cheese, butter, basil and broiled.

Riced cauliflower with onion, mushrooms, garlic with cream, butter and Parmesan cheese

And a glass of Pinot Grigio

(Little Miss Scare-All) #546

When I get my head out of my ass, I’m going to try this.

(Allie) #547

Chocolate mug cake with sugar free fake maple syrup…

2tbsp coconut oil
1/2tbsp coconut flour
1tbsp cacao powder
3 drops sugar free vanilla flavouring (sucralose)
1tbsp erythritol
1tsp baking powder
1 egg

Melt the oil and erythritol together, I put them the mug I’ll be using and put the mug in a pan of warm water, heating gently and mixing together.

When melted, add coconut flour, cacao, vanilla flavour, baking powder and mix together well. One mixed, add the egg and mix thoroughly.

Microwave for 60 seconds… maybe bit longer depending on the power of your microwave.

Allow to cool for a few mins…

Can either eat right out of the mug, or transfer to a bowl. Works well with whipped cream but I’m off dairy currently… hence the sugar free maple syrup stuff.

It was actually so good that I had to have a second one :rofl:

Coconut flour seems to work much better than almost flour for me, takes some adjusting with quantities but really works well.

That looks wonderful!

The oven has arrived! I’m amazed with it, it’s been on an hour, the pork joint probably needs another 30 mins. That’s 2.5 hours less than a standard fan oven! It’s glass so I can see it’s not burning, I’ve got an elect metre running and at max output it’s showing 40p per hour usage! The dogs are guarding it!
It’s brilliant! Thanks for introducing me to this Allie!

(Allie) #549

I’m glad it’s working out so well for you @VictoriaA, they really are amazing in many ways :grin:

It washes it’s self too! :partying_face:

You had me with this bit…the chilled white wine (been a long time!).

Brunch today. Pan fried halloumi with broiled/grilled crispy smoked bacon.

Making a ‘Coopdawg Mushroom Stroganoff’ with a cheat hack tonight.

Went to Iceland today on a whim; only the second time I’ve shopped there (I like their Big Daddy 12 oz sirloin steaks).

I never kept the receipt, but I got all this for 40 quid something, and I didn’t bother much with the frozen stuff: I was pleasently surprised…

And for tonight’s ‘make it up as you go along’ concoction…‘Coopdawg Mushroom/Asparagus/Red Onion Stroganoff’ with cauliflower rice and lamb chump chops.
(Basically a mushroom stroganoff with a tin of mushroom soup, cheddar cheese and soured cream mixed in).
Lamb chops from Iceland, & couldn’t resist the half price mushrooms and asparagus at the local Spar filling station. Time for a batch cook! Oh, after checking the carb content, grabbed a tin of ‘Cream of Mushroom’ soup to enter into the fray.

Sauté the mushrooms, asparagus and red onion together.

Add part of the sauce: olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, smoked paprika, garlic and butter.

After the Mk. 2 taste test…added salt, black pepper and a sprinkling of mature cheddar cheese.

When cooked, transfer to a sauce pan, and add the tin of mushroom soup.

Bit of soured cream too if you like.

I’m going to bulk it out with cauliflower rice.

Chops on :yum: If you added cheese earlier, keep stirring that sauce pan too until the sauce reduces (or cheese will stick to bottom)!

Serve up.

Plenty of leftovers- a mini dinner/brunch, and two or three servings of the stroganoff.
WHICH IS MOST TASTIEST STROGANOFF EVER! Believe me…:astonished::sweat_smile:

And to finish it off, the last of the clotted cream (very silky, buttery, creamy) and strawberries.

That all looks wonderful, I’m hungry again!
The soup hack is awesome, thank you for sharing that!

Cheers! It tasted great- loads of flavours in it.

Definitely needed the mushroom soup and the cheese I think,
Yeah, all the ingredients I’m a bit partial to.
Also helped there were plenty of mushrooms. :ok_hand:

I LOVE mushrooms, they make up most of my carbs. I’m dying to try cauliflower rice too and am going to try and create a stroganoff.
You’re so lucky that Carly will share dinner with you, neither of mine will eat anything cooked!

(Jane) #559

Flank steak made into fajitas. Guacamole, cheese, sour cream, grilled onions and a thin layer of refried beans made with lard. Low carb wraps.

It’s the weekend, and I was up early to work…so brunch is more like a late breakfast today.
LCHP wrap, mayonnaise, grated cheddar cheese, pickled siverskin onion, some of last night’s mushroom stroganoff, and a couple of slices of pork lunch tongue (which I haven’t had before). It was OK I suppose, tasted a bit processed, in the same way corned beef is. I’d much prefer a slice of cooked ham or gammon steak.