What did you keto today? Part VI...The son of the cousin of the wife of the GMO crop of the inbred corn crop, whilst the siblings sat on their behinds drinking soda pop

food

We’re fine! Thanks.

Sometimes on occasions one can go off piste, so to speak.

Carly is happy and spoilt, and I’ve bounced back with some good keto food for recovery from that weekend.

Good to hear; I’ve missed my Irish Cuisine Lessons! :yum:

All they are is ‘avoiding carb as much as possible’ lessons…hardly cuisine! :relaxed:

This thread has helped me to prep, cook and sorted my shopping lists out for my first Keto month, I doubt I’d have kept to it on boiled eggs and zero food imagination so thanks for all the pics!

Thanks for your kind words. :kissing_heart:

OK then, given that encouragement, I’ll post a few pics.

Apoligies everyone, if I’ve already posted these somewhere else on here…my memory is a bit sketchy of the weekend.
Chinese pork chops.

Some nuts…yeah, quit it Dena!

Carly is great…and probaly loving the carni part keto to be fair.

She likes snoozing as much as chasing birds.

Fridge nibbles.

Should liver ever be eaten without onion?

Defrosted liver.

Great to mix with.

Bit of a stir fry with spring onion and baby plum tomatoes.

Lamb chops. Apologies if I have posted these already, having recollection issues! I don’t think I have and too uninterested to care, as I hope you are!

Carly Bear (for Dena).

Brunch today. High protein low carb wrap.Mayo, mustard, grated cheddar cheese, crumbed cooked ham and jalapenos.

I think I’ll finally get round to eating that sirloin/NY strip tonight.

With some steamed, then butter/olive oil fried red cabbage, onions and mushrooms.
Maybe red peppers too…do for lefovers in a wrap for brunch tomorrow.

Looking forward to the red cabbage! How am I going to be able to go carni with a craving like that?!?
This too, though.

Cabbage being steamed (like me last weekend lol) whilst other veg are stir fried.

Combine into one pan. (Red cabbage turns purple btw, unless you cook in a low pH.)

Add quality butter. Aroma!

Add steak!
image|375x500

Plate up with some caulifower (and garlic) rice. Stash the leftovers in the fridge for tomorrow.
Glad to get rid of that sirloin…very nice.

Add steak image never appeared:

That all looks wonderful! Thanks for posting it, I’m just in from Lidl who don’t seem to stock liver and are out of red cabbage so they’re on weekend shopping list. I’ll have to go to a posh shop like Sainsbury’s. Last time I went to Waitrose I reported a strange guy who was following me around the bun aisle, turned out it was a store detective, must remember to wear my Church dress next time!

Beautiful pup pics :heart_eyes:

I buy my lambs’ liver from Tescos…Sainbury’s closed up shop unfortunately recently here.

But it might be regional supply? I don’t know. Don’t eat too much (frequently) of it when you do get it.
Rule of thumb…? Once a week is OK.

It’s very nutrional and value for money.

That looks lovely! I’m going to have to get a blender!

I don’t use it…it just sits there trying to look important!

I chop everything myself…less stuff to wash.

:slightly_smiling_face:

(Allie) #515

Handheld electric whisk works best, way cheaper too :heart:

I couldn’t resist to add eggs… They become turquoise :smiley: I always had to put ketchup on top as it was so horrible but fun together…

I do my usual and put here into 2 topics again…
The vast majority of my OMAD dinner today. There were some more eggs. It’s probably not very obvious but the thing on the right is a pig’s tongue, one of my greatest favs. I tried to eat it like this but in the end I covered it in paprika as it’s normal for this dish (tongue slowly boiled in spicy water for 2 hours, I used garlic and black pepper and salt)…

I never found such a thing anywhere… Beef liver, beef heart I can find in one hypermarket but lamb…? IDK why lamb is so unavailable here in general. We have huge traditions! We had huge sheep herds everywhere before… Cattle too… But now the shops mostly have chicken and pork. The bigger ones offer more, turkey, rabbit, beef obviously and so on but lamb is rare. I seem to find deer easier! Though I see a living deer more often than a living sheep too (unless they are 2 houses away, someone keep sheeps and goats here and they use that property sometimes)… But I live next to some forests and a wildlife park…
I saw a deer yesterday, a pheasant last week, my last sheep sighting was many weeks ago…
But cows are everywhere while buying beef isn’t that easy in a village or small town.

And did I talk about the almost no variety of fish and seafood here…? But I appreciate whatever I can get. It just would be nicer to have more options sometimes.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #517

I feel like I’ve been on a food journey with you. Did you like the nuts the most?

Carly’s dog house is pretty dope. Did you make it or build it?

This is smoked bacon that has missed the slicing process? I’m going to try and fry it, it weighs 350g so not sure how to cook it through

(Allie) #519

I would just cook as if it was belly pork.

Thanks Allie, there are another two unsliced so I’ll oven cook one tonight. I pan fried that one and it was good but smoked the house out. I can see why folk use BBQs, it smells like a road side cafe in here lately!