What did you keto today? Part VI...The son of the cousin of the wife of the GMO crop of the inbred corn crop, whilst the siblings sat on their behinds drinking soda pop

food

(Jane) #381

Picked up a 7-lb pork butt for $22 to make sausage. No sugar and only spices, so very healthy.

My spice mix:

This will marinate in the fridge overnight and I will grind, split into meal size portions, vacuum seal and freeze.

Well done!

Last night’s ingredients (got more half price deals, so delayed cooking the lamb steaks). Minced/ground beef (unfortunately it was lean, but I added butter), 2 x punnets of 1/2 price button mushrooms, red bell pepper, a red onion and tin of chopped tomatoes, garlic, salt & pepper, Worcestershire sause and a squirt of tomato puree.:
For the sauce:

Doesn’t look pretty! But tasted great. i was going to do zero carb noodles, but I never bothered.
I left out the red onion too. Had enough left overs to compliment brunch today.

Brunch today- polished off the fridge nibbles pork sausages with a couple of fried (in olive oil) eggs, and had some cold leftover minced/ground beef from last night. Lamb steaks tonight methinks.

(Robin) #385

Oh my gosh, that looks so good!

Bloody hell!

I love red onion and mushrooms…I might struggle to cope on carnivore.

I’m determined to try though.

And red peppers.

(J) #388

Maybe my best (most favorite) steak I’ve grilled yet, and I’ve grilled a lot!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #389

I’m not a steak fan, but that looks amazing.

(Robin) #390

Yowza, that looks absolutely perfect

Folks!

I’m very obviously lazy keto right now. I couldn’t even be bothered to cook the (lovely) lamb steaks.
They’ll get it tonight.

So this is what I had for sustanance (those aren’t lardons; that’s smoked pancetta), mushrooms and baby plum tomatoes :

Ms Hungry Eyes!

The lamb will be tonight!

Finally got the lamb steaks chinned!

With a few asparagus spears and sauce.

Cooking.

Flavour.

What part?

Carly. :slight_smile:

Happy holidays, everyone!

(Jane) #393

Pork belly burnt ends

After smoking for 2 hrs. You can stop here if you want fewer carbs but I wanted mine with BBQ sauce.

Final product - delicious!

eta: these just melt in your mouth they are so tender.

Top up the fridge nibbles for Carly and I.
Used some for brunch- Carly had 2 of the sausages. Low carb brown sauce and 2x scramnled eggs.

Got some sea bass fillets for tonight

(Robin) #395

Oh. My.
I need to make a special trip for pork belly. I want to try the air fryer with it. But yours look absolutely perfect.

(Robin) #396

Love those fridge nibbles. I could see grazing on those all day long, every day.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #397

Today is day 1 of my carnivore experiment. I’m kind of butt-hurt about my own decision to omit cheese from my burger, but I’ll live.

Bacon, hamburger, taylor ham and a really large amount of mayo :sweat_smile:

Looks good enough to, well…eat!

Love the excessive mayo- I get like that sometimes…almost like the condiments more than the main food.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #399

Lol yeah, a lot of times I build my meal around the condiment.

I will tell you what, every bit of that mayo was eaten. :upside_down_face:

Main meal today/tonight.Apologies Dena…I used mustard- not trying to trigger you, honest!
Stir fry first. Red onion (& olive oil).

Red pepper.

Button mushrooms.

For sauce, English Mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Soy sauce, Balsamic Vinegar and Black Pepper.

Sea Bass Fillets (I got half price and had been frozen).
Pan fried.

Combined with stirfried veg, sauce and some butter.