What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5605

Gobblin Queen Indeed! :joy:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5606

Meat haul for the week. Ended up with Chuck steaks. The price of beef tho!! It’s outrageous. I wanted Rib Eye and they were like 18 bucks a pound. Id love to have a cattle ranch, but only in theory, because they would all end up living inside my house the first rainstorm :rofl: :kissing_heart: :cow2:

(Windmill Tilter) #5607

Ya gots to get em on sale and build a steak mountain! You fatten up, then ya fast through the lean times. That’s what we do here in upstate NY!

Mostly though that’s because my wife objects to idea of a chest freezer. :frowning:

:yum:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5608

But I wanted them nowwwwwwwww lol

Awww Im in Jersey, we’re neighors-ish!!

Man if I had the space for one, Id definitely have one. A freezer chest, that is!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5609

That’s crazy, I was in central PA this time last year in a podunk little town and I was buying nice Delmonico steaks (large end ribeye) for $5.99 a pound. :confused:

Dijon mustard slow cooked and then grilled thick pork spareribs with choy sum and rainbow chard greens .

Meal prepping chicken for the BF and I have to say I’m pretty good at it. Made Cajun blackened drumstick and roasted leg quarters. Completely floored about how cheap drumsticks and quarters are. Spent like 12 bucks on it all and there’s probably 6 meals worth

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5612

5.99 a pound!! Thats soooo good! When I went to a raw dairy/cattle farm over on the border of NJ and PA, they were selling beautiful Rib Eye (frozen) for 10 bucks a pound. Stupid me shoulf have stocked up. Went to the supermarket the next day and lesser quality Rib Eye was 13 bucks a pound. Today was close to 18.

Go home, prices, you’re drunk.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5613

That looks slammin, @Acnickel! What cooking temps did you use?

I haven’t bought meat and such for ages and I was so shocked by how expensive a middle quality steak is now. I have been walking past it and grabbing pork tenderloins lol

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5615

Did someone say “Blackened”? Speaking my language Acnickel. :cowboy_hat_face:

I did 425° and cooked until it was 165° inside. Still nice and juicy inside too

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #5617

Carb daughter asked for chicken nam sod. Did that. Awesome ketoish meal. Carbs from Cabbage and 3 types of onions. We all are so much in love of Thai food.

Edit add this link: We started with this but adjusted it. I just needed to be reminded of the recipe. Chicken was fresh ground. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/260239/nam-sod-thai-pork-salad/

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #5618

Oh my carb girl who has been away at college said dad you are so thin.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5619

So tnite, I made chicken tenders that I brined in pickle juice, breaded in a 50/50 mix pork rinds/pecorino romano, with a tri-colored pepper, mushroom cream sauce.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5620

@x-Dena-x And I thought you said no time for cooking, that looks delish. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5621

Tbh everyone on the forum that posts on this thread inspired me to not be a lazy cooker lol. I see the things you and others make on a near daily basis and I was convicted like, “come on lazy bones, come back strong with the dinner game”. :muscle:

So, thanks for being inspirational. Ya just never know who you can reach in the most basic of ways lol.

I even DIDN’T use a paper plate :raised_hands:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5622

Chicken Broccoli and Gizzards and Hearts with Three Kinds of Mushrooms

I started another experimental fermentation project this afternoon,

Thai Kimchi

Napa cabbage, fresh lemongrass, shallots, garlic, dried red chilies, shredded kafir lime leaves, galangal, cumin, coriander, black peppercorns and fish sauce. :cowboy_hat_face:

Another lazy ketoer bites the dust. :man_facepalming:

PS: I will say @David_Stilley is inspiring, but not enough for me to change my lazy keto ways. :slight_smile:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5624

I’ll ride the fence and at least still put my food on paper plates the majority of the time. :relaxed:

I do things in spurts. Knowing me, I’ll ride lazy and unlazy depending on my mental state lol. When I feel happy I really enjoy it and love to take advantage of it. Thus chicken fingizzzzz.