What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Steve) #4643

Here you go, I think they made a mistake on baking soda so I tried the next batch with baking powder, worked great.

(Diane) #4644

I’ve seen this pretty often. Many food bloggers don’t seem to understand the difference between when to use baking powder and when to use baking soda.

(Deborah ) #4645

I LOVE chicken (and turkey) hearts! I with I could find them more available here (Phoenix area). I only see them packaged with gizzards (which I also like), and there’s never more than a couple of hearts in the whole package.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4646

Seems like it should have worked with soda considering all the sour cream to react with.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4647

Meaty texture, not real organ meat tasting. Gizzard are good too but require long cooking to tenderize. Try braising. Often hearts and gizzards in the same package

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #4648

This is today’s lunch…I took my daughter out today so I packed chicken breast, some prosciutto, spinach, a drizzle of avocado oil and my usual mayo…but I had a really bad allergic reaction to the mayo! It’s the third time it’s happened this week so I’m off to the docs first thing in the morning :sob::sob: my lips were so puffed up (think really bad fillers!) So sadly I have to keep away from mayo for a while!

I kept dinner simple because I’m kinda scared to eat now but I did ok…I just fried up some 20% fat Lamb mince with seasonings, and roasted my favourites- courgette, cherry tomatoes and asparagus. I sure hope I’ve not developed an allergy to olives!!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4649

Clare you can make mayo in less than ten minutes and you’ll know what you’re eating. I recently got a deal on pure avocado oil mayo but when it’s gone it’s homemade for me. Cheaper than the premium organic health food store stuff.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #4650

That’s exactly what my mayo is - it’s home made…I’ve never used the shop bought stuff. I think I’ve overdone it on the olives! :joy: is that even possible!!! I make it every weekend with light coloured olive oil. I think I need to switch to avocado oil for a bit but it’s sooo expensive!

8oz ribeye and fresh scallops tossed in bone marrow butter cooked on the bbq, hallomi fries and avocado with a chipotle mayo.
And more bone marrow butter on the steak of course…

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4652

Try baconaise, I have been dying to try it but keep putting it off. I hope you’re feeling better soon. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #4653

Baconnaise??!! Googling this right now!!
Thank you - fingers crossed it’s nothing serious…I can’t imagine my keto life without olives!!

(Diane) #4654

Yep!

(Ashley) #4655

Bacon, onion on one half, bacon, onion, mushroom on the other!

I love them too. I got a whole bag, maybe a pound from the regional organic grocery last week. I just sautéed them in duck fat, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, coconut aminos. I managed to save some for leftovers. Ha

I had an epiphany today that I really need to up my leafy greens. (I was reading some other threads about fiber because of some belly/side aches. I started wondering if I was coming in too low on my fiber. Boy, some of those threads got salty!)

Anyway, I have been enjoying spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, etc with each meal, but today I figured out I could (should, likely) be eating more than I was, and that my numbers were off when estimating on my app.

So today I loaded up a bowl of mixed greens and spinach and topped it with a mixture of two warm, almost-hard (I like a bit of a soft center) mashed eggs and guacamole, sprinkled with pink sea salt. Added a bit of Flax seed. (And a couple almonds on the side.)

It was DELICIOUS. So simple. People have probably made it endless times here, but I never mixed my egg with guac before.

Made a sort of chicken parmesan (chicken mozzarella?) out of veggie chicken, pesto, and fresh mozzarella, with a side of lightly creamed spinach, and blistered olives. Pretty good.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4659

Chili Rellenos Poblano

I had a hankering for Mexican today. I decided to make these adapted for keto using coconut flour in place of regular white flour. They came out good and I figured out some stuff to alter next time. I’m working on a recipe to post, I will link it when it’s finished. Sorry about the glare, photographing in my kitchen is a problem! Yum :man_cook:t4:

(Heather Meyer) #4660

i think its illegal in all 50 states to not share a recipe for said donut when it looks that good and since its my birthday and all today… recipe pleeeeeeaaaaasssseee :wink:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4661

@PortHardy He posted it above. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Heather Meyer) #4662

thanks…just noticed :wink: