What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4623

Three egg French Rolled Omlette with avocado and ghost pepper jack drenched in Crystal Louisiana Hot Sauce. Side of :bacon::bacon::bacon: of course. And letā€™s not leave out the espresso with HWC. :yum:

I treated myself to some top shelf eggs for my next batch of deviled eggs. I wish I had my own egg hens!

I donā€™t know what to call this dinner. Itā€™s made up of stuff I wanted to eat and some I needed to eat up. Veg bacon on cream cheese filled jalapeƱos, a half an avocado, celery and pimento cheese, some cheese crackers, and my standard garnish of deviled egg :wink:

Iā€™m gonna call it Splendicious. :yum:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4626

Vegetarian @Digital_Dave meal. :wink:

Spot on, David!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4628

Espressoā€¦

I set up and used Cronometer today for the first time, I want to start progressing again! I was shocked to find out that the 4 cup batches of espresso that I consume everyday has significant carbs. :frowning:

I thought coffee was safe, I guess thatā€™s just the low test brew. But I refuse to give up espresso, Iā€™ll just have to make it up somewhere else. On a positive note I found out what I am eating today is only 14 net carbs! :cowboy_hat_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4629

North African Arab influenced Baked Salmon with Homemade Sauerkraut and Harissa

The salmon has some dry garlic and pepper with baklouti green chili EVO and homemade Moroccan Pickled Meyer Lemon. (in the large jar). Oh the smells! :man_cook:t3:

(Ernest) #4630

Warningā€¦ Weird combo coming upā€¦
Curried whole red snapper and fried eggs. Taste buds assault

Snapper

Is it the fine espresso grind? I would imagine thereā€™s some actual coffee bean that makes it through. Sucks though, I love espresso. I donā€™t drink it anymore on account coffee has been making me jittery and nervous like a twitchy squirrel as Iā€™ve aged

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4632

Itā€™s the fine grind and high pressure extraction. Espresso is ā€œthickā€. Itā€™s probably also the amount of beans per serving, definitely more than for drip or cold brew.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4633

Sounds great to me! :cowboy_hat_face:

(Heather Meyer) #4634

Tonightā€™s menu featuring happinessā€¦
Wild Argentinean Prawns lightly boiled till tender and basted in lemon juice and sprinkled with fine garlic powder and himalayan sea salt served with a dish of the finest melted butter for a dippers delight!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #4635

I was surprised by the amount of carbs in coffee too. Though I shouldnā€™t have been since it is the juice of the seed of a stone fruit.

(Jane) #4636

Pork belly! Fish had a LOT of bones so I ended up eating it with my fingers and one chopstick.

No spoon for the soup so just ate the meatballs with my chopsticks and slurped it like I was a kid draining the milk from my cereal bowl :grin:

(Jane) #4637

Coffee has carbs???

:scream:

I always thought was zero. I drink a LOT of coffee and I havenā€™t been counting ANY of it.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #4638

According to cronometer an espresso has .5g fiber, and a cup of brewed coffee has .1g fiber. So 0 if you are counting net carbs. It isnā€™t enough for me to worry about personally. But if you have to keep super tight control it is good to know it is there.

(Steve) #4639

A special birthday treat for my wife.
Deep fried donut in coconut oil, caramel sauce, cream cheese icing and 100% chocolate drizzle
(2.5 carbs).
Better than any Krispy Kreme I ate a decade ago!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4640

Thatā€™s great news, I just started using the Cronometer app yesterday, been appless since day one and I wanted an analysis of my daily habits. I thought I had it set to net carbs but I might have to recheck it. Itā€™s probably an overestimate because I donā€™t have a have a 15bar machine, my KRUPS just died after long service so Iā€™m down to a moka pot.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4641

Keto donut? I am intriguedā€¦recipe link?
:man_cook:t3:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #4642

moment of silence for the KRUPS, in honor of itā€™s faithful service

I love my moka pot! Iā€™ve been using my French press lately because I get more volume, but there is something satisfying about hearing the moka pot percolate away.