What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Running from stupidity) #3382

My wife’s plate, that one. Was prettier than mine.

By the way how were the deep fried egg yolks?

They were worth experimenting with.

Once.

Ah, almost exactly like my wife - she is unwilling to use more than every vessel and utensil and object in the kitchen when cooking a meal. Presumably on the basis that her husband does the cleaning up.

Aspirations. Life is about aspirations.

Like so.

#solutionsman

Aspirations AND work.

(Allie) #3383

I do have to say though, my garlic bread and random chilli creation are really good… yes it was food prep for the week but I now only have three servings rather than four :joy:

The Wife decided to make up some stuff tonight, and it all turned out quite nice indeed! :wink: … She made a sort-of Stir-Fry, using strips of Steak and adding sliced Green Bell Peppers, Scallions, GingerRoot, Mushrooms, Yellow Squash and I added some Cheddar Cheese on top. She also added some HWC to help thicken it.

She also made a Broccoli and Cauliflower Soup with Turkey Bacon added, which was nice. (Also added some Mozzarella Cheese to help thicken it) And then Made up a side of Easy-Peel Shrimp. :yum:

I’ve said it before - that kind of meal often turns out waaay better than you expect :yum:

(Leilani) #3386

It’s so so good my favourite mug cake so far

Liverwurst

I really felt like some liver today (ideally liverwurst), and haven’t had much success tracking down anything good in the past. Most supermarkets near me that sell liverwurst add in a ton of unneeded crap that means I skip purchasing it. When I go to the Asian supermarkets I might sometimes pick up some liver there, but otherwise it’s a rarity.

I headed to a nearby upmarket grocery store this evening (the kind of place where you remortgage your house to buy anything there, but it’s all high quality stuff, a lot of which is imported from Europe, etc). They had the usual crap brand of liverwurst but I came across the one pictured below which looks good ingredients-wise! I tried some tonight and it was marvelous – really looking forward to eating some more (and stocking up). I also bought some jamón serrano (Spanish dry-cured ham) which might have been paired with the liverwurst to make a keto baby. Might. It was good but not excellent like the one I bought that time at Costco that was never seen again.

Cue the Barry White :heart_eyes:

(Running from stupidity) #3389

Super-light breakfast: This is perfect for when you NEED some meat, but you’re not sure what, but you know it’s not much. Try our fried meat sampler plate - market-sourced bacon, slow-cooked and then fried crispy brisket, and a ham steak, all cooked in bacon grease, then garnished with sweet chilli sauce and sour cream.

(Running from stupidity) #3390

Are you chronically indecisive? This is the lunch for you! Five cheeses, gorgeous sopressa, bacon, hot Hungarian salami, sous vide eggs, and twice-cooked crunchy brisket. Deceptively filling. (Especially if you had the fried meat sampler plate a couple of hours earlier. #askthechefhowheknows )

(Ellen) #3391

Sigh out of likes for the next 4 hours :frowning: but both of those look great, or maybe they don’t…

(Running from stupidity) #3392

When you need SOMETHING to end the day with, but you’re not sure what, how can you go past pizza? Crispy base topped with goats cheese, ham, salami, mushroom, red onion, capsicum, mozzarella, cheddar and parmigiana.

(Running from stupidity) #3393

Then it’ll give you three back and then you’ll be out again. It’s a certain kind of genius.

(Diane) #3394

It would help the “like limit” issue common on these forums if someone would stop creating threads that cause me to chronically overspend my budget.

Just sayin’.

(Allie) #3395

I’ve never run out of likes… I’m very choosy giving them out :joy:

(Running from stupidity) #3396

Aye, there’s some thread-creating fools around here, for sure.

(Jody) #3397

Although I didn’t get a picture, we hit Texas de Brazil on Saturday! Our local one replaced one of the meats w/ RIBEYE!!

Sunday,

2 grilled Chicken thighs w/ skin, Pork belly, 2 hard boiled eggs, cheese, pickles, olives and coleslaw (shredded cabbage, homemade mayo, salt, pepper).

(Karen) #3398

Another fantastic photo and great looking pizza too!! Fasting today. You’re not helping. I need to get off this thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Had the Wife make up some Scrambled Egg Cakes, 2 KnockWurst and some Bacon. Also a little Sour Cream. … But I only ate 1 of the SE Cakes and 1 of the KnockWurst. The Pups got them as a treat.

My breakfast

(Kate) #3401

Instant pot braised oxtail

I browned bone-in oxtail in beef dripping before adding veggies (optional but it fits my macros), really gelatinous chicken stock (about 4 cups ISH) and a bay leaf. The stock was plenty salty so I didn’t add more. 50 minutes on high pressure, plus a few hours resting.

Not shown: me sucking all the good stuff off the bones. Mmmm. I’d never cooked oxtail before but it’s crazy tasty!