What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Allie) #2901

Thanks Karen, that sounds good - the kind of thing I could take to work with me if needed.

So far all good with the broccoli :grinning:

(Karen) #2902

There is almost nothing I can fix myself to eat Iā€™m having to use my teeth and one hand. Any rate here is lunch

I bought a couple of roast chickens the other day. Iā€™m just tearing off hunks. Very primal.

I found cooking tricky when I was on crutches! I canā€™t imagine having to food prep with only one arm & my teeth :confounded: :hugs:

(Running from stupidity) #2904

Well, you deserve them!

(Running from stupidity) #2905

Have you considered not eating for three months?

(Karen) #2906

Wouldnā€™t that be a lovely extended fast! It would certainly do the trick.

(Jane) #2907

I ran out of the Parmesan/garlic/basil butter I found at the local Kroger and found a tub of whipped butter that has been unopened in my fridge forever. It was still good.

Soā€¦ I got out my hand mixer, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and basil and started experimenting. I declare the end product a success! Packed it back into the container the butter came in and set it on the counter to use.

(Brennan) #2908

Sous vide smoky cocoa nib pork tenderloin with stir fry garlic ginger gai lon (aka Chinese broccoli). And a nice Argentinian Malbec per the recommendation on the holiday podcast (direct from the LCBO).

Smokey-cacao-nibs-encrusted-pork-chops!
(Mike W.) #2909

Sous vide and broilered pork belly with a ā€œquickā€ kimchi. Hot shiplap was this delicious!

(Jody) #2910

Fresh Italian Sausage and Chicken Thighs (both cooked on the grill). Egg salad (with avocado, raw cauliflower and chopped bacon), misc cheese plate.

(Troy) #2911

Put my parents Christmas Gift to use!
1st attempt
So Easy
Not the fanciest of pics

Dinner/OMAD for tomorrow ( not all at once ) :joy:
5lb pork butt

(Running from stupidity) #2912

It is all on the one plateā€¦ #pickledavemk2

(Running from stupidity) #2913

Eggs and bacon deluxe! A seafood cocktail and hand-created coleslaw are supported by market-sourced bacon alongside sous vide eggs, then surrounded by ham, pickled cucumbers, pickled jalapenos, ham, brie, on a bed of fresh iceberg lettuce.

You can see the creaminess of the yolk HERE if you are so interested.

(Allie) #2914

Fried chicken livers and sauerkraut.

(Running from stupidity) #2915

Terrific Tofu! Firm ā€˜organicā€™ tofu, tossed in coconut flour before being fried in fresh house-made ghee, before being finished with a chilli vinegar sesame sauce and crushed peanuts, and served with garlicy Asian greens and mushroom.

(bulkbiker) #2916

Were they good?

(Allie) #2917

Yes thanks, much better than the other types of liver Iā€™ve tried :blush:

(Diane) #2918

This deserves extra ā€œlikesā€!

:purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

(bulkbiker) #2919

Ever tried ox liver?
Tastes similar to calves liver but my butchers sells calves liver for Ā£11 per kilo and Ox for Ā£1.60 per kilo go figureā€¦! Youā€™d think it would be a lot stronger but I canā€™t really tell the difference. Cook the same way as the chicken liversā€¦

(Allie) #2920

I have yes, not keen tbh. Iā€™ve managed to hide it in with other meats but wouldnā€™t want it on its own.