Smokey-cacao-nibs-encrusted-pork-chops!

cacao

(Brennan) #1

This recipe is so amazing one of my all time favorite. I make it all the time, the Cocao nibs and fat (I use bacon grease) make such an amazing combination with these spices :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face: drooling just thinking about it.

(Brennan) #2

This side is roasted brussels sprouts and radishes in a balsamic reduction. Also [spoiler]fucking[/spoiler] amazing!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #3

Oh wow. Definitely will be making this! Thank you for the link.

(KCKO, KCFO) #4

I am so going to make these. Cacao nibs are one of my favorite things. I add them to chia pudding, yogurt, and fat bombs. Now I am going to use them with pork chops too. Good find.

(Brennan) #5

I recommend a nice thick (1") bone in chop with the fat still on (obviously). Though I just had a thought that I want to try this out on a nice marbled tenderloin! Or I’ve got some side pork I was going to try a pork rind breading on I might have to do half breaded and half nib encrusted or a combination of the two.

Dammit @collaroygal look what you’ve gone and done! Now I’ve got at least 2 more versions of this recipe to try. Too many recipes to little time! It’s a good thing I’m #ketoforlife

Seperate but related, have you tried tossing some nibs in the grinder with your coffee beans? I’ll sometimes do 4 Tbsp of beans to 1 of nibs, grind it up and French press. So good!

(KCKO, KCFO) #6

Made this tonight. Pretty good. I like things a tad more spicy so next time will up the pepper and I think double the paprika, more of the smoky taste will come through. But a great place to start from, I will try cacao nibs in some more savory things now.

I will try the nibs in with coffee tomorrow, hadn’t done that yet. Sould be good. I don’t do French press, but I just realized this would probably be a great way to try cold brew coffee, so I better get back to the kitchen, since those have to brew over night.

(Brennan) #7

Made the pork tenderloin version of this tonight! Very tasty, not quite as good as the chops though. Not a fatty enough cut even with a couple of tablespoons of bacon grease in the sous vide bag. Will try the chops in the sous vide next time!

Very tasty and delicious all the same!

Happy New Year everyone!