What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Mike W.) #2841

Had to play ‘Chopped’ again tonight. Had bacon, cabbage, mushrooms, and some radishes. Made an “eggroll in a bowl”. Rendered the bacon, fried the cabbage, mushrooms, and radishes in the fat and then deglazed with some rice wine vinegar, added some coconut aminos, sambal oelek and let it all get happy. Topped it with some sesame seeds, toasted sesame oil and some scallions. It turned out better than I had hoped.
#saltfatacidheat

yeah, i didn’t realize that some of these macros are wrong in this carb manager app. I guess i’ll be going back to mfp.

Back to the grill tonight… We ended up having to cancel heading out to TRH, so pulled out some steaks here.

Had a Salad while heating up the grill, for the Sous Vide Top Sirloin, and also threw a London Broil onto the grill while I was at it. … Added some Cauli-Mash, Deviled Eggs, Cheddar Cheese, Pickles and Olives and what was left of the Shrimp Salad. (Not shown - few slices of Bacon and Brussel Sprouts in a bowl of butter.)

Here’s the meat off the grill. 2 Left side - Top Sirloin. The 3 on the right, was a piece of London Broil the wife thin sliced to be put on the grill straight. Came out pretty good they say. - Pups got quite a bit tonight as well. :slight_smile:

(Allie) #2844

MFP isn’t accurate either I’m afraid, too much user input info. Try Chronometer. Every new food added to the database has to be checked for accuracy by the app admins before it can be added, with a photo of the nutrition label supplied too. Safest way is to read all food labels and do your own math.

That’s good to hear. Hope you all have a great, and safe, time over there. :slight_smile: … And thank you. I’m actually feeling much better than I was a couple days ago. :slight_smile: Hoping to feel almost normal tomorrow, if that’s possible. :laughing:

(Running from stupidity) #2846

An apple, tomato and onion reduction is drizzled over fork-tender brisket, served with cauliflower puree.

(Heather Meyer) #2847

i use senza app which is pretty good too

(Running from stupidity) #2848

This.

Cheese & Tomato Omelette with Franks Red Hot & Bacon. Couldn’t finish it. I’ve never been defeated by an omelette before :open_mouth: Stupid heatwave!

(Running from stupidity) #2850

Herb and garlic roasted boneless chicken, multi-colour cherry tomatoes are fried along with bonsai mushrooms, with bok choy giving an Asian influence to top the dish off.

(Running from stupidity) #2851

Also, made more ghee made today. I kept a closer eye on it this time while I was kitchen cleaning/making the brisket :slight_smile:

(Allie) #2852

Three roast lamb hearts with turmeric mayo for breakfast, also a fatty decaf coffee and a small pot of homemade Bulgarian yoghurt.

(Mike W.) #2853

How does one make ghee? I’m doing some scallops sous vide on Monday and would like to finish seared in “butter” because I love the flavor. I’ve very heard ghee has a much higher smoke point?

(Running from stupidity) #2854

Yeah, it does, due to the removal of the milk solids.

And it has a lovely nutty smell/flavour.

I documented it last time I did it (thread linked below) but I somewhat overdid the cooking, so it turned into Beurre noisette/browned butter. It was still just as usable, but this time it looks better :slight_smile:

I watched it more carefully this time :slight_smile:

(Mike W.) #2855

Awesome. Thank you.

(Mike W.) #2856

I think I figured out why you run out of likes :rofl:

(Bacon for the Win) #2857

Pinning will probably help it heal better. Hope you recover soon, pinned or unpinned!

(Karen) #2858

Do you make deviled eggs every day, or do you buy them somewhere? They always look delicious. And I love deviled eggs.

(Karen) #2859

Thanks. I’m in a holding position. I have a rather bulky splint on. I can’t sleep well, and I can’t do much else that I’d like to do over this holiday break. I’m very frustrated.

(Bacon for the Win) #2860

Yeah, tough time of year to need a surgeon. That and the swelling needs to subside before they can really decide what to do. Don’t forget to advocate for yourself if you don’t like the advice you hear.