What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Brennan) #2861

3 strips thick sliced old fashioned :bacon: and my scrambled eggs. (3 xl eggs with 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast, 1 tsp maca, salt & pepper and cayenne all fried in the :bacon: grease!)

(Heather Meyer) #2862

oooh la la… now that plate is a piece of eye candy!

(Mike W.) #2863

Leftover spinach artichoke dip from holidays? Pair it with a spinach feta chicken sausage and toss in an omelette!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2864

A plate of freshly baked keto chocolate shortbread cookies…I got my daughter involved which is why they’re all different shapes and sizes! They cooled and crisped up nicely, kept their shortbread texture and taste as decadent as chocolate brownies. Very Happy with these! :clap:

We make them quite often, yes. Every few days or so. But yes, there is usually some in the fridge at all times. :slight_smile: I like to try different things in them too, such as adding in Blue Cheese, Thousand Island, Pickles, etc. Adds some good flavors to them and keeps them from getting boring. (Which I don’t think will ever be a problem for me though :slight_smile: ) … We have a couple Deviled Egg containers that hold 20 at a time. And we usually keep at least one loaded in the fridge. Actually, the wife is about to make some more up as I type this. :slight_smile:

(Diane) #2866

These look yummy! Recipe?

Cronometer is awesome. Thanks for the suggestion! :grinning:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2868

Here you go! x

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2869

I’m learning this myself actually…I’ve started inputting all my own data because I can’t trust what’s already there

(Allie) #2870

@juice please let me know your thoughts on the latest ghee you’ve made, just curious as I actually preferred the overcooked batch I made; it had more flavour.

Still trying to get my system back in order, but also decided I wanted some different flavors today. So I added some additions that did the trick. … Fried Eggs, with some added Fried Onions. Then did some Sausage Links with a blanket of Browned American Cheese on them. (I’ve also loved Browned Cheese since I was a kid.) :slight_smile:

Browned Cheese Sausage Links are simply American Cheese laid over the Links, and browned in the oven.

(Running from stupidity) #2872

It’s funny - I made it while my wife was out, and she could smell it as soon as she walked in the door, so she put her head in the jar and took a good sniff of it, and I was thinking: “It smells really good, but nothing like as good as the last batch…”

I guess I now need to make up another batch that I let go to the burnt stage so we have both available simultaneously and thus can compare them #FORSCIENCE

(Karen) #2873

Reminds me of the 12 days of Christmas.

(Candy Lind) #2874

I have been SO busy! Missed seeing all your posts and pics & comments. We ate too much for Christmas, but stayed keto. Highlights were smoked prime rib, bacon-Brussels sprouts gratin, and green beans sautéed with garlic, bacon & shredded Parmigiano Reggiano. What a feast.

Fast-forward to New Year’s Eve Eve (!) -I just sat down to eat some beef & cabbage soup that came out really yummy - cubed chuck roast, celery, green onion and mushrooms, all sautéed with parsley, thyme, oregano, garlic & basil; then broth from the pressure-cooked roast, plus a couple of cartons, a small can of tomato sauce, and plenty of salt & pepper. It’s cool and humid here and I really wanted something to warm me up.

(Running from stupidity) #2875

It’s actual New Year’s Eve here in the future :slight_smile:

yes I’m out of likes again. stupid software

(Diane) #2876

Brunch again. Same as before, the omelet is bigger and has added mushrooms in addition to the bacon, cheddar and onions.

Edit: I could only eat about half of that bigger omelet.

(Ellen) #2877

#FORSCIENCE for the win

(Running from stupidity) #2878

Yes!

(Except that I’ve run out of unsalted butter, so have to go buy some now before I can make it :slight_smile:

(Although, I might not. Salted helps us get more salt in!)

(Ellen) #2879

TBH I’ve never tried unsalted (only started eating butter last year) is it better for some things?

(Running from stupidity) #2880

It is for things you need to make sure you don’t oversalt, as you can’t control the input directly when using it. However, we all need more salt, thus, I am going to make it with salted butter right now :slight_smile: