What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #2398

I like your holiday plate!

(Jane) #2399

Thanks for the reminder! I’ll look it up now.

(Mike W.) #2400

How do you like that pan? Is it worth the money? Do they make a lid that fits it?

(Jane) #2401

I used this one. I set it up to ferment overnight since it doesn’t hurt to leave it in the water bath more than4 hours.

(Karen) #2402

It’s like the surface of Mars. Deliciously keto

(Mike W.) #2403

Italian meat sauce over zoodles and Apothic Inferno red because toddler.

(Karen) #2404

Looks festive and delicious! Nice tree.

Ate at Longhorn Steakhouse today.

LongHorn Butcher Board
The pride of Snook, TX: Slovacek’s pork sausage, with crispy fried Oaxaca cheese from Montgomery County. Served with mustard and pickles.

White Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms
Fresh, roasted mushrooms hand-stuffed with garlic herb cheese, topped with a Parmesan crust and served over a creamy blend of four melted cheeses.

Ribeye
Cut fresh and hand-trimmed. 12 ounces of our most juicy and flavorful steak, cut fresh from the rib loin, and distinguished by its rich marbling that runs through. Served with steamed broccoli.

What's your favorite meal, and why? I really want to know! :slight_smile:
(Ernest) #2406

I have 4 of them, that should tell you how I feel LOL!! … The 10 and 12 come with a lid.

(Karen) #2407

Good Lord, can we get one here!!!

It’s my favorite steakhouse. Always order the Ribeye, and never had a bad one.

(Karen) #2409

There’s some dark black purple items, are there olives??

Kalamata olives :yum:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2411

Yes, Virginia, there is a sanity clause! :bacon: :santa:

(Jane) #2412

My memories of Snook, TX are of the Starlight Ballroom (outdoor theatre featuring Asleep At The Wheel). And great sausage!!!

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #2413

Pigs in a Keto Blanket!

Johnsonville Beddar with Cheddar Sausage & dough made from the keto pizza roll recipe

My older 2 (8 and 5) didn’t care for it, but my 2 year old seemed to like them

(Allie) #2414

Thank you for that info Joanna :heart:

Super spicy Sichuan hot pot

The “super spicy” part is not a joke. I wouldn’t want to eat it any other way.

We were supposed to eat this Friday night, but my wife (who is from Sichuan and knows precisely how to make this perfect) ended up working late so I had a simple fallback meal instead. We ended up eating this tonight, and rarely, it was a dinner with our 4-year-old not around as she was fast asleep in bed. Since going keto I’ve rarely eaten late at night (usually cutting things off around 7pm at the latest) but tonight we ate about 9.30pm. My wife was working late again and I figured one night wouldn’t do any real harm and in fact would be a good way of mixing things up. Plus, hot pot is genuinely my favourite meal (ever so slightly edging out a ribeye steak) to the point I’d ask for it if it was my last meal – hopefully I’d never actually be in that situation. :wink:

There is something bloody amazing about some nice fatty and juicy meat absorbing the fragrances and warmth of an oily and spicy broth.

Finally, we cracked a few eggs into the hot pot towards the end which cooked up nicely in just a few minutes. By a taste test, they were approximately 8x better than any of the sous vide eggs @juice has been cooking up in his eggsperiments. Q.E.D.

Spam (of course!)

The broth starting to cook up

Beef short rib

Lamb shoulder

Okra waiting to be cooked

The dry spice mix I was dipping my cooked meat into

The broth underway, meat begging to be picked out

Some cooked up meat

A perfect egg

Just a little snack.

(Running from stupidity) #2417

This is true. Good hotpot is a wonder.