What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

Decided to add another second meal today, since I’m heading out to do some Christmas Shopping. … Keto-Basics… Fried Eggs, Bacon and Sausage. Also a glass of milk. (Another link and 2 Bacon, not shown) :slight_smile: … The wife kept feeding them to me whenever I walked passed her while she was cooking. :wink:

Also decided to try some of the Pickles Eggs I made a couple weeks ago. Had two from the original batch, based off the recipe @JustPeachy provided a bit higher up in this thread. - Thanks again, Sophie. :slight_smile:

And one from the recipe I tweaked some just for kicks…

Pickled Eggs Test Run??? Basically just added a few more things we use regularly.

6 Boiled Eggs

1 cup ACV

1 cup Water

1/4 tsp. Mustard Seed

1/4 tsp. Celery Seed

1/4 tsp. Turmeric

1/2 tsp. Sea Salt

1/2 tsp. Onion Powder

1 tbsp. Whole Ground Mustard

1 tbsp. Minced Garlic

1 tbsp. Old Bay

Which also came out pretty good. Bit more tangy, which I liked, but definitely tasty. :slight_smile:

(Jane) #2379

Froze half the slab for later. The other half I popped into the freezer for 2 hours and definitely easier to slice.

(Doug) #2380

:+1: Looks excellent, Jane. :sunglasses:

Sausages & Cauli Mash with Onion, Tomatoes, Olives & Asparagus.

(Running from stupidity) #2382

It’s the “I can’t actually be bothered eating but I need to eat so here I am eating dinner three hours after I meant to so it’s just the steak I can’t be bothered doing anything else” thing :slight_smile:

(Mandy) #2383

Been gone a while. Figured this would be a good post to break back in! Brussel sprouts on the stalk, wrapped in bacon, hit with some bbq rub and smoked. Super delicious.

(Mike W.) #2384

Fair enough.
PS I’ve got close to 100 chicken wings going on the smoker here shortly. They said “bring an appetizer” :rofl:

(Mike W.) #2385

Genius!

(Cindy) #2386

Juice, how do you make your cabbage leaf lasagna? I’m making lasagna on Wed for my brother’s birthday, but I’m thinking about a zucchini lasagna, too, so I can indulge.

(Cindy) #2387

Not sure what I’m actually going to eat today, but I have Chicken Tika Marsala on the stove. I have the chicken bones simmering with various spices and ACV for some chicken bone broth at some point. In the oven, I have the chicken skin crisping in the oven and on top of the pan used to flatten the chicken skin is cauliflower roasting.

I haven’t been able to eat much the last couple of days. Yesterday I had 2 eggs and maybe 5 slices of bacon for the day. Not much more than that the day before. When I’m feeling so down, I want to go for carbs and sugar…which I’m NOT doing, so that means I just don’t eat.

I did buy a chocolate bar (86% dark) that’s 10g net carbs per serving, so I’m going to have about a 1/4-1/2 serving of that per day as a treat.

(Karen) #2388

Wow!! That looks like work. Yum

NY Strip… Block of Salmon… Shrimp… Deviled Eggs… and Pickles. (Note: This time the Deviled Eggs were made with Mustard & Blue Cheese) I sometimes use Thousand Island in them… :yum: Also had a bowl of melted butter, which I used to dunk everything on the plate. :sunglasses: This will an added part of meals too. Thought about this a while back, but haven’t been doing it. But it makes it so much easier and tasty. :slight_smile:

(Mandy) #2390

Ha… It’s a Lil work but I don’t mind too much on weekends.

(Karen) #2391

I love Blue cheese, and I love deviled eggs. Sounds like a perfect marriage.

K

(Ernest) #2392

Beef short ribs.
Recipe, you ask?
Salt, pepper, 350 degrees oven. Take it to fork tender. I don’t cook by time. Food is ready I l when it’s ready.

(Ashley) #2393

Good to have ya back!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #2394

I did it! I made my first pulled pork (with spices from a recipe I found on this site) from pork shoulder. It turned out great and the house smells so good. (Better than bacon prep!)

(Joanna Parszyk ) #2395

Google translate is sometimes so funny!
I’m polish so l can tell you that it is just a very specific name of a mushroom.
I hope you liked it!

(Jane) #2396

Sous vide chuck roast and cauliflower mash with some of the au jus from the roast.

edited to add: Not shown - chocolate mug cake with 85% dark chocolate shavings on top.

(Mike W.) #2397

Did this ever get posted?