What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Allie) #2418

For those cold winter mornings when you want porridge oats but are intolerant of oats so couldn’t have them even if you weren’t keto…

Almond flour, coconut flour, shredded unsweetened coconut, flaxseeds, chia seeds, psyllium husks, sunflower seeds, sunflower seeds, salt - all blended together with water, heated and slightly sweetened with erythritol. It’s like a big bowl of creamy coloured jelly :joy: and I made too much :joy:

(Candy Lind) #2419

Yes. I put extra bacon nectar in the pan the second try so they’d be deeper in fat & crisp up on the “inner curve.”

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2420

I’ve felt a bit :poop: the past few days, today’s lunch is a mixture of what I fancied…tuna with my keto mayo, fried halloumi, egg and olives! Was yummy!

(Karen) #2421

Looks fantastic!!

(Ellen) #2422

Will have to try.

(Allie) #2424

So I put these pieces of pork belly in the oven and went to do some yoga in the next room… 75 minutes later I emerged to find it was a bit over cooked :joy: Served up with a big amount of the Polish sauerkraut with forest mushrooms that I found the other day.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #2425

(Mike W.) #2426

We should hang out. Ya know, split a pork shoulder, maybe a couple chickens.

(Jane) #2427

Mixed up @JustPeachy recipe for pickeled eggs. Should be ready in time for Xmas. So pretty! I only had red onion and need to pick up some fresh dill and celery seed at the store later and add it.

Only made 6 eggs to try it out. Didn’t want to leave us too low on eggs :scream: in case we don’t make it to the store for a couple of days

(Mike W.) #2428

Did you rob a Penzey Spice?! :flushed:

(Jody) #2429

Went to Texas Roadhouse for an OMAD. Had [not pictured] a few salted peanuts in the shell, then opened with a salad w/ Blue Cheese:

Then for dinner, the Porterhouse (cooked “Blue Rare”), and another salad w/ Blue Cheese crumbles and blue cheese dressing. Also asked for plain butter (not the cinnamon) to eat w/ my Steak*.

*Due to the butter being semi-cool and the steak being “Blue rare” … it didn’t melt the butter :smiley:

I liked the Porterhouse, but I prefer the Ribeye as it is a fattier streak. Having said that, I will say that the tenderloin side of the Porterhouse was Melt-In-Your-Mouth PERFECT!

@Janie … They were pretty good. I just tried mine the other day after letting them sit for 2 weeks. Both batches were pretty good. :slight_smile:

@Jody22 … Yeah, that looks familiar! :smile: … It won’t be long before I’m back on the trail for another visit. :slight_smile: Wife says that’s our meal!

Had a cold mid-day meal, before heading out again. … Hard Salami, Cooked Salami, Cooked Ham, Roast beef, Pepperoni and Sharp Cheese. … Also 2 squares of Lindt’s 90% and 4 Brazil Nuts. Drinking hot Tea too.

Tonight, I do plan to feast a little. ‘Yes, more than usual!’ :smile: … Hoping to put some Fasting time in this week.

(Jody) #2431

@Digital_Dave … I actually tried the Porterhouse there because of your pictures … so i’m sure it does look familiar. The steak was delicious, but I do prefer the ribeye just a little more so chances are, I will let you have your meal back :smiley:

No worries, I think they usually have more than 2 in the back. :smile: … Now the wife’s saying, maybe we should try the Rib-eye. :flushed:

(Jane) #2433

:rofl:

You must love them them too to recognize their jars out of focus!

(Mike W.) #2434

I really do…lol Their freeze dried garlic is awesome! I use it in a grinder like pepper. Fresh and delicious.

(Jody) #2435

The bone-in Ribeye also has a nice “dog bone” included!

The reason for MY preference is that I like the fattier steak and comes out a little juicer. My wife prefers the strip since it DOESN’T have as much fat.

Cheddar/Tomato Omelette with Fried Spam/Jalapenos & (not enough) Frank’s Hot Sauce

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2437

Butter beef and sautéed spinach

(Ellen) #2438

Blue is the the way to go!