What's your favorite meal, and why? I really want to know! šŸ™‚

Okay, Iā€™m not necessarily looking for keto meals here, I just want to know what you like and why. Iā€™ll go first.

Before keto, I would have told you my favorite meal was a deep dish pepperoni pizza from Pizza Hut. But I know now my favorite meal is a rib-eye steak with steamed broccoli, and hereā€™s why.

I canā€™t tell you how many times Iā€™ve gone to a restaurant, so excited about what Iā€™m going to eat, only to feel miserable and bloated afterward, but NOT when I eat a rib-eye. :+1:

Now itā€™s your turn. Remember, it doesnā€™t have to be keto friendly. No judgement here.

Oyster Blade Steak & Veg or Pork/Chicken Larb with Caboodles. Both quick & delicious & meaty. #30yearsavegetarian

(Running from stupidity) #3

Rump steak with other meats and wasabi paste.

Thatā€™s amazing, @anon54735292! Was it hard to make the transition after all those years?

Embarrassingly enough it wasnā€™t :grimacing: :blush:

Do you like it because itā€™s your ā€œfavoriteā€, or because itā€™s cheap? :slight_smile:

Or is that what makes it your favorite?

And is it always cooked sous vid?

In the past, a lot of favorite meals ā€” especially fried pork chops and homemade French fried potatoes with plenty of ketchup.

Now: Ribeye with steamed veggies with butter; grilled or sautĆ©ed shrimp; rotisserie chicken dark meat; chicken and sausage gumbo without rice; grilled pork chops. I use melted butter as my meat ā€œdipsā€.

I no longer think about or crave sweets but still have a tough time passing them up when presented.

(Running from stupidity) #8

Yes

Yes

Yes

Hanger steak used to be my favourite, but once I managed to find a butcher who knew what I was talking about, they ended up selling them generally and the price went from $8/KG to $13. And rump is faster to sous vide, anyway.

Rump is great because it tastes great due to having been worked hard (same as hanger) and is, as you say, cheap, so I can eat more of it :slight_smile:

That was how I was taught to eat lobster, but by the time I got it all cracked open, pulled apart and cleaned, it was cold. :slightly_frowning_face:

I hear you about the lobster. Try that with blue crab, even more tedious.

Melted butter made my transition to low carb much easier.

Well, thatā€™s not nice. :slightly_frowning_face:

Excellent point! I should consider this. :thinking:

(Running from stupidity) #12

I single-handedly moved it from affordable to stupid.

Excellent point! I should consider this.

You know it makes sense!

Butter does make everything better! :+1:

If you saw how much soybean oil goes in that pan you would :face_vomiting:. I loved the pan pizza until I worked there. It pretty much ruined it for me.

Before keto hands down pizza. I could have lived in pizza (almost 10 years in the pizza industry I almost did).

Post keto I love me a steak. Ribeye or NY Strip , no sides needed the meat is the most perfect meal

(bulkbiker) #15

Does yours ever come out with a funky smell? Especially after a long bath? I did some 30 hours at 52 and it smelt a bit off (the steak had been in the fridge a few days so it could have beenā€¦) . The fat seemed to be the worst part so I cut that off and ate the steak without any gastric issues but the smell has kind of lingered in the kitchen and dear husband (with the very sensitive nosed) is not best pleasedā€¦

(Running from stupidity) #16

Sometimes, yeah.

Especially after a long bath?

I havenā€™t noticed that being a factor.

but the smell has kind of lingered in the kitchen

Hmmm, havenā€™t had that, either.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #17

I canā€™t pick one:

• smoked salmon cream cheese and capers roll up
  • ribeye steak seared then grilled with amish butter
  • ground chuck sauteed with onion and spices with jalapeno pepper slices and cheddar cheese, side of arugula

(Laura) #18

Prime Rib, medium rare with horseradish sauce. Brocoli with butter and cheese on the side.

The local farmerā€™s market sells a delmonico roast (ribeye roast) as a prime rib and it is delicious. I am due to buy one in the couple weeks. I buy one once a year for myself. I get 14 meals out of one.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #19

Iā€™ve cooked two of these in the last two years in the oven. Bone in. Made au jus. Wow we really loved them. I want to do one on the smoker then sear it in the oven to finish it. Last one was 4 bones and not cheap. Wife was not happy till she tried it.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto šŸ˜) #20

Crab pizza from this local pizza joint in Baltimore called Matthews :drooling_face: I miss it :cry: BUT, I can Keto-fy that :thinking: