12 oz. white fish, in serving-sized pieces
2⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
½ tbsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp salt
1⁄8 tsp ground black pepper
½ tbsp dried parsley
1½ oz. butter

1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
  2. Divide the broccoli into small florets, including the stem. Peel with a sharp knife or potato peeler if the stem is rough.
  3. Fry broccoli in oil on medium high for 5 minutes, until golden and soft. Season with salt and pepper.
  4. Add scallions, finely chopped, and the capers. Fry for another 1-2 minutes and place the vegetables in a greased baking dish.
  5. Nestle the fish in amongst the vegetables.
  6. Mix parsley, whipping cream and mustard. Pour over the fish and vegetables. Top with slices of butter.
  7. Bake for 20 minutes or until the fish is cooked through, and flakes easily with a fork. Serve as is, or with a luscious green salad.

(Karen) #7044

Underneath the hollandaise is bacon, eggs and asparagus. Hollandaise is made from egg yolks, and while they’re being blended you pour in hot melted butter to cook the eggs, and lemon juice, and my husband adds a little bit of Cayenne pepper and salt. Absolutely fantastic!

BAT… Bacon-Avocado-Tomato sandwich on giant cloud bun.

Decided to make today a TMAD, since I’m still doing OMAD until I’m over this stuff. … Pulled Pork, Country Sausage and Kale, Pickles, Olives and a Salad.

Broccoli with hummus, tuna, and a boiled egg. Needs more fat but I’m just not in the mood.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7048

Italian Meatball Casserole

Daikon Mash topped with Meatballs, Marinara and Mozzarella Cheese. I am very happy with how this came out, a new keto comfort food favorite. I made it all from scratch and created a recipe for the meatballs because I think they’re worth sharing. :man_cook:t3:

So yummy :yum: Enjoy :cowboy_hat_face:

(Ernest) #7049

Steak n eggs

(Alec) #7050

Salmon, coated in pork rinds, deep fried in lard. Numnumnum…

(Jody) #7051

Burgers w/ cheese and avocado and a calf liver (which the SPOILED dogs got about 1/3 of) and we split a bag of Chili Lime Quest chips. SmartCake for dessert.

(traci simpson) #7052

I haven’t seen soft scrambled eggs in FOREVER. Mine never come out that creamy. What did you add?

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #7053

This was delicious! Chopped spinach with left over chicken breast, crispy bacon and chorizo with a dollop of mayo!

(Jody) #7054

Nothing but butter (and cheese at the end)

I heat the burner (keeping the skillet off).
Crack all the eggs in the skillet (no mixing, stirring or seasoning) and add some cold butter pats.
Go on the burner and start mixing them up.
Stay on the burner about 30 seconds … stirring constantly
Then off the burner for about 30 seconds again stirring constantly.

Keep doing that until they are JUST about where you want them, then add the seasoning and [in my case] cheese.

If you want to cool them down to stop the cooking process a little faster, you can add some creme fraiche (or sour cream) … but none of the one I have cooked of late has that.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7055

My scrambled egg secret is very different from most ketonians who love putting HWC in them. I have found that it’s not near as good as adding a bit of water to the eggs. I scramble them on full gas heat with generous fat in an 11” enamel skillet, (usually bacon grease or butter).

Heat the oil till it’s pretty hot and pour in the egg/water/S&P mix ( I add about 1 T. + of Water for two Jumbo eggs or three large, I never measure just add a little). When you pour it in don’t stir ever. Let it set until you see cooked egg around the edges. I use a silicon spatula to gently push the eggs toward the center of the pan letting the wet run into the exposed pan. They fluff up and form layers. Towards the end I just start flipping them over. I challenge anyone to try this technique and be unhappy with the results. If you want to add cheese wait till about 3/4 of the way through cooking before you turn them. Nice fluffy light pieces of egg you can stick your fork into. Never mealy with little bits of egg. Save HWC for coffee! :cowboy_hat_face:

(traci simpson) #7056

I only use water if there are a lot of people to feed and I’m trying to “stretch” them!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7057

I don’t do it to stretch the eggs, most of it escapes as steam, but it makes the eggs fluffy and light instead of dense and heavy with a smaller volume which I think HWC or any liquid dairy does including sour cream. :cowboy_hat_face:

I do my scrambled eggs in microwave.
However many eggs, a lump of butter, salt & pepper, maybe some herbs and double cream or, if I don’t have any, water.
On high for couple of mins then stir, back in and check every 30 secs or so. They usually come out lovely and soft. Only time they didn’t, I got distracted by boys.
If I want cheese I stick it in at beginning.

Edit: and they rise up like souffle! @David_Stilley :wink:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7059

I know that I’m a throwback, I don’t own one! :cowboy_hat_face:

Each to their own!
TBH I don’t use mine much - it’s a left over from babies and bottles. If I blows up tomorrow I’m not sure I’d replace it, except I’m happier for boys to use that, rather than the oven, to heat stuff up.

Had a mid-day meal, not sure just yet if it will simply be a OMAD or not? … Eggs, Bacon & Steak.

Also tried out one of my new Steak Knives I picked up. Came a few days ago, but haven’t been needing any as of late. Pretty nice. Wallop, Full Tang with small Serrations.

(Diane) #7062

The handles are gorgeous. Cause… important!