What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

Well, the Wife finally made that huge ass turkey that’s been taken up room for a while! :smile: … So had a Salad, some Pickles, Olives, Deviled Eggs & Brussel Sprouts. - But half way through, I was finding a bit dry and was missing something! :confused: - Someone… forgot about the Turkey treats. :wink: So after I finally got the added Liver & Gizzard, I added some of the Turkey Juice too, which helped it a lot! :slight_smile:

After Turkey treats originally forgotten… Plus the Heart was only found after the meal was done. :smile:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4947

Blackened Pork Loin Chop
with Braised Cabbage

Keto on a budget, a $10 pork loin cut into 11 1” chops ready for freezing and sousvide.

I started a batch of Dill Pickle Sauerkraut.

:man_cook:t3:

Three days later Kraut Rising.

Have a pork loin in the freezer & have been wondering what to serve it with - cabbage of course :yum:

(Carol) #4949

Would you share what this process is?

The sardine-fishing season is on-again, so my husband I feasted on two portions each :slight_smile:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4951

I should have taken more pictures than the final product. Basically the recipe is

Dill Pickle Sauerkraut

1100 grams of fine shredded cabbage
400 grams of sliced cucumber with the ends trimmed off (I used Persian)
30 grams of pickling salt
2T dry dill weed
1T dill seed
2t coriander seed
1t garlic granules or powder,
(I didn’t have fresh or I would have used a bruised clove in each jar)
4 dried red chili peppers (optional)
6 whole cloves
You can use any weight of vegetables, just weigh them and multiply the grams by 2% for the amount of salt needed.

Add salt to cabbage, let it sit 10 minutes, kneed and squeeze with your hands extracting the juice. Add the rest of the stuff and kneed and squeeze again for a couple of minutes. Check out my Paò Caí recipe for packing technique. Pack in clean vessels and finish like I did in the Paò Caí recipe. I plan on a 3 week ferment time. :cowboy_hat_face:

That’s it, 30 minutes work if you own a mandolin. :man_cook:t3:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4952

Have you ever BBQed them? Portuguese tradition with salt and lemon.

(Susan) #4953

I’m making Keto Cream Cheese Fat Bombs today.

No pictures yet. I think instead of rolling them in cocoa, I will cover them in melted 90% Lindt chocolate with a little coconut oil in them. I exchanged Erythritol for Swerve and wish I hadn’t. I much prefer Erythritol. And I substituted the rum essence with vanilla essence as that is what I had.

(Ernest) #4954

Lamb again…

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4955

That looks awesome, are they sousvide? Is that a pan sauce? :cowboy_hat_face:

They are grilled :slight_smile: I prefer just olive oil and salt :slight_smile:

(Carol) #4957

Thank you! (I was really hoping you just threw the cabbage into some pickle juice and called it a day but, this sounds like something I could do.) :smile:

(Allie) #4958

Homemade Bulgarian yoghurt with a fatty coffee, and now a plate of chopped pork heart cooked in ghee and smothered in mayo…

(Jase) #4959

Meatza- mmmm!

Pile of chipotle chicken wings and coleslaw.

(Mollyann Hesser) #4961

I love sardines! Your picture reminds me of sunny afternoons in my nonna’s kitchen. :heart:

(Running from stupidity) #4962

No photo, but I did #eatsteakforellen

Finally my husband’s birthday week is over…PB&choc :slight_smile:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #4964

Celebrating my mum’s birthday with family today - so that means there’s lots of sausage rolls and cake floating around. I’ve kept it keto with my lunch I made earlier…my ugly burger cups, rollitos, cheese and olives! I’ll just keep on munching on my dark chocolate and cheese! :joy::tired_face:

Had a weekend mid-day meal. Eggs, Bacon, Country Sausage and some Italian Sausage.