What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Diane) #4654

Yep!

(Ashley) #4655

Bacon, onion on one half, bacon, onion, mushroom on the other!

I love them too. I got a whole bag, maybe a pound from the regional organic grocery last week. I just sautéed them in duck fat, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, coconut aminos. I managed to save some for leftovers. Ha

I had an epiphany today that I really need to up my leafy greens. (I was reading some other threads about fiber because of some belly/side aches. I started wondering if I was coming in too low on my fiber. Boy, some of those threads got salty!)

Anyway, I have been enjoying spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, etc with each meal, but today I figured out I could (should, likely) be eating more than I was, and that my numbers were off when estimating on my app.

So today I loaded up a bowl of mixed greens and spinach and topped it with a mixture of two warm, almost-hard (I like a bit of a soft center) mashed eggs and guacamole, sprinkled with pink sea salt. Added a bit of Flax seed. (And a couple almonds on the side.)

It was DELICIOUS. So simple. People have probably made it endless times here, but I never mixed my egg with guac before.

Made a sort of chicken parmesan (chicken mozzarella?) out of veggie chicken, pesto, and fresh mozzarella, with a side of lightly creamed spinach, and blistered olives. Pretty good.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4659

Chili Rellenos Poblano

I had a hankering for Mexican today. I decided to make these adapted for keto using coconut flour in place of regular white flour. They came out good and I figured out some stuff to alter next time. I’m working on a recipe to post, I will link it when it’s finished. Sorry about the glare, photographing in my kitchen is a problem! Yum :man_cook:t4:

(Heather Meyer) #4660

i think its illegal in all 50 states to not share a recipe for said donut when it looks that good and since its my birthday and all today… recipe pleeeeeeaaaaasssseee :wink:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4661

@PortHardy He posted it above. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Heather Meyer) #4662

thanks…just noticed :wink:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4663

@PortHardy

Oh and happy birthday Heather!:grinning:

(Heather Meyer) #4664

Thank you :slight_smile:

(Ernest) #4665

(Alex) #4666

tried two foods today which i’ve never had before: flackers (flax seed crackers) and shirataki noodles; both of which were delicious! combined the noodles with butter, mozzarella cheese, shrimp and rao’s alfredo sauce. it was super enjoyable. only difference i noticed between shirataki and standard noodles is that the shirataki are waaay chewier. didn’t bother me though! i topped the flackers with cream cheese and everything but the bagel seasoning and it literally tasted exactly like an everything bagel with cream cheese on it, except it was actually more enjoyable, because the flackers are a lot crunchier than a bagel, which i preferred. and to top it all off, i discovered a badass chocolate bar at whole foods today that was super low carb, and tasty! so essentially, today, i ate a bagel, alfredo pasta, and an entire bar of chocolate… and eggs with chorizo, AND a hefty bowl of baby spinach, and the whole meal (which was my omad) came out to only 13.5g net carbs :joy: :partying_face: probably the most satisfying meal i’ve had since i started eating this way six months back… #trynewthings #perfectlyfull

(Fred Papa Wolf Gorman) #4667

Hugie’s Love Salad from Muddy Water’s Cafe

Exploring for the perfect Hughie’s Love salad ie the perfect garlic vinaigrette I think [Lisa AngelWolf just about NAILED IT! I give you AngelWolf’s Love Salad.

AngelWolf’s Love Salad, We are sooo close the that yummy garlic vinaigrette this was delish and my breath soooo garlicey.

Hi I am Wolf

Jalapeno/Kalamata Pizza Omelette with extra Parmesan & Hot Sauce

(Allie) #4669

Salt & pepper belly pork and plain chicken wings for breakfast.

This is my favorite donut recipe:

https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/low-carb-classic-chocolate-donuts/

…although I prefer to make them as cupcakes:

Imgur

(Jane) #4671

Husband dinner - pork with mushrooms and onions and covered in butter.

My lunch today (no idea what most of it was, other than the cabbage on the left.

(Susan) #4672

A couple of meals for this week:

Fried cabbage, broccoli and pepper steak

Keto chili, two kinds of cheese, guacamole and sour cream with baked cheese chips.

(Steve) #4673

Happy Birthday Heather, I’m sending you a donut.
The donut recipe is posted above.
The caramel sauce I have found can only be made with allulose, any other sweetener went grainy for me. The caramel sauce is better than anything that I have ever tasted and so simple.

Keto Caramel Sauce
1/2 cup Allulose
1/8 cup butter
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt

Place Allulose in a saucepan over medium low heat and melt stirring constantly until light golden brown. (sneak up on the heat, don’t let smoke)

Stir in butter

Stir in cream

Stir in vanilla & salt
Store in fridge

The chocolate drizzle is my standard 100% coco squares
1 4 ounce bar
2 Tbsp coconut oil
2 Tbsp sweetener
Put the ingredients in a measuring cup and microwave till melted
stir well and pour into a squirt bottle to use as needed.
I store it in the refrigerator.

Cream Cheese Icing
1 8 ounce block of cream cheese
1 stick butter
1/4 cup sweetener
1 tsp vanilla
juice from a lemon wedge
Put all the ingredients in a deep mixing bowl and whip with the beaters until well combined.
Store in the refrigerator.

Note: Adjust for sweetness on all the above, we find that we don’t need things sweet anymore. We have the caramel sauce, chocolate sauce and cream cheese icing in the fridge all the time for a quick dessert topping
Enjoy