What did you Keto today?

(Scott Telfer) #1652

Keto leek and mushroom carbonnara with lashings of Parmesan :slight_smile: so filling on a winter afternoon

(bulkbiker) #1653

mmm that looks great…

(Jared) #1654

Technically yesterday. We don’t need no stinkin’ sides! Delmonico in a sous vide for 2 hours, then finished in the cast iron w/ bacon grease, and the “splurge” of a glass of Zin (I did let it rest properly, I just poured the juices from the vacuum bag over it before serving).

(Mary Ann) #1655

First my cart:

I’m kinda proud:

And bacon, eggs, avocado. Of course.

(Arlene) #1656

Where’s the guac and sour cream? Gotta have plenty of guac and sour cream!

(G. Andrew Duthie) #1657

Almond flour pancakes (I usually use @Brenda’s pork rind recipe, but since today is Friday, and I observe abstinence from meat on Fridays, I decided to go with an almond flour recipe instead. Inspired by @Brenda’s recipe, I added a couple tablespoons of avocado oil to make them come out of the waffle iron easier, plus a half teaspoon of baking powder in a doubled recipe. Also added a couple tablespoons of almond flour above what the recipe calls for, since the batter was pretty loose.

They cooked up nice and golden brown, though a bit soft and moist, so I tossed them in the toaster oven for a bit to crisp them up.

Then, since I still had a half a package of softened cream cheese, I made cream cheese icing. :slight_smile:

A little cinnamon on top, and voila!

(bulkbiker) #1658

Tonight’s dinner
Cod fillet , scallops, asparagus and bacon all cooked in butter and garlic with the sauce poured over…

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1659

Holy SHIT
@devhammer
@MarkGossage

THAT LOOKS SO GOOD!!!

(Lauren) #1660

This cheeseburger casserole is in the oven right now. Yum!

(Lauren) #1661

And here it is in my bowl.

(James storie) #1662

I love messy food! It taste so much better! :laughing:

(Sheri Knauer) #1663

I had shrimp scampi over zoodles with a side of left over green beans from last night and some broccoli. I poured over it all a lot of the extra butter/garlic sauce What a restrictive, extreme, unsustainable way to eat. I better get some hamburger helper for when I can no longer maintain this way of eating…

Soft shell corn taco with pulled pork filling

(Roxanne) #1665

This is so true! Lately I’ve been making a lot of pulled pork lettuce wraps with salsa, sour cream, shredded cheese and avocado, and invariably we end up dripping all over the place. I suggested to hubby that we just toss it as a salad and he agreed that it just would not be the same.

(Ernest) #1666

Yeah, I’m grilling again!! I’ve been on lettuce salad kick lately. It’s the anchovies in my creamy dressing. Basically macadamia nut oil Mayo spiked with a bunch of anchovies.

(Andrew Anderson) #1667

Picked up a front 1/4 cow today from the butcher and about 1/3 hog. Decided to try out the fresh sausage, poached eggs and @Fiorella ghee hollandaise sauce.

(Christopher Avery) #1668

Sheri, thank you. I made these last night. And, I ate the whole batch!

Do you happen to have nutritional info? Do the nutrients change when almonds are cooked? Or can I just enter almonds, butter, and salt into Cronometer?

(Arlene) #1669

FYI, the front quarter of beef should be much cheaper than the rear quarter because the meat is tougher. Most people go in with a 2nd party and buy the entire half, then split it equally so both parties get equal parts front and rear quarters. Just thought you might want to know. I hope you enjoy your meat.

(Sheri Knauer) #1670

I don’t have nutritional info because I didn’t measure when I made this batch. You would have to measure all your ingredients and enter it into Chronometer if that is what you use to track nutrients and I think you would just enter the info for raw almonds. I don’t have the answer to whether the nutritional info is different for almonds once you roast them but I can’t imagine that would significantly change.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1671