Improved cream cheese pancakes

pancakes
creamcheese

This has a much better texture than the standard cream cheese pancakes. It really was totally indistinguishable from normal pancakes.

https://snapguide.com/guides/make-cream-cheese-pancakes-lcgfketo/

Another newby - day 3
What did you Keto today?
(G. Andrew Duthie) #2

And it looks to be MUCH easier to make. The standard cream cheese flax pancake recipe I’ve made requires separating the eggs and beating the whites to stiff peaks. Time consuming, and not fun.

(mimidj) #3

I found everything except how many servings in this recipe.

It was two servings.

I usually make pork rind pancakes but will definitely try these once I finish my zero carb month!

(Jeanne Gallant) #6

These look amazing

I just made these. They were super easy to make and really good.

(eat more) #8

i don’t know how but i just super failed at these…twice :joy:

i ate most of the second batch because i was hungry

the almond flour i have is super fine and even with adding more than the recipe called for it was basically water

thoughts?

I looked at the recipe just now, and it has almond meal in the photo, but says almond flour in the written recipe. This is a problem. Almond meal is more coarse and soaks up less liquid. Almond flour is finer, and soaks up more liquid, creating a drier batter. This will change the outcome of the recipe.

(eat more) #10

this “batter” was literally liquid like it was only beaten eggs and the almond flour soaked up nothing
i’m thinking that using the blender as directed on already fine grain flour pulverized it to the point it couldnt absorb anything.
so if you’re using already fine grain add the almond flour separately?

If the recipe says you need to use a blender, I would use the blender. It allows a fluffier batter to be formed, with the inclusion of air bubbles. Otherwise, you get a runny mess like you are describing.

(eat more) #12

well i dunno then because i used two different blenders and exact measurements

It shouldn’t matter if it’s liquid, you cook it and it should turn out ok. You did get the cream cheese in there?

(eat more) #14

yep :blush:
i’ll have to try again sometime with almond meal versus fine grain almond flour

It shouldn’t even matter about the almond meal or flour. The original recipe for cream cheese pancakes is only egg and cream cheese. One thing that’s important is getting the pan hot first.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #16

Did a modified version of this for waffles today…added a half teaspoon of baking powder, and two tablespoons of avocado oil, in a doubled batch, and it made a little less than 6 waffles (1 waffle being a quarter of my iron).

I had leftover softened cream cheese, so I made some cream cheese frosting to go with it (cream cheese, butter, powdered swerve and vanilla).

(James storie) #17

I’ll have to give this a try. I bought a 3lb bag of almond flour, now I must use it! Plus my kids love pancakes!

(G. Andrew Duthie) #18

IMO, these are the easiest pancakes to make, since you just stick everything in a blender, blend, and pour.