Weight Maintenance 2018 December Check-in

(Karen Parrott) #1

Hello All! Starting this thread for all. My update soon. Hope you are all well.

(Karen Parrott) #2

I have been 18:6 fasting
I have been 18:6 fasting
I have been 18:fasting

See Vora link below. I really like it and bought the premium. Curious, when I stopped Using the Vora app in Feb- March of 2018, I started regaining… so. Live and Learn

And I"m slowly moving in the right direction.

Tools : Vora App (read more about it here on the forum- iTunes and Google Play- I bought the premium)

(Wendy) #3

Checking in. Well I AM STILL LOSING. And I really don’t want to. I’m not sure why but I’M down to 126 pounds. Have any of you found a way to stop losing? I’ve upped my fat and even eat maybe a few more carbs. I know who’d have thought this would be a problem.

(KCKO, KCFO) #4

OY, such a problem to have. Keep adding in good carbs, just more grams in other words til your weight stops dropping. I think this is a point where the Atkins ladder is helpful. I followed it and learned I could safely go to 50 grams of good carbs per day, to stay stable. Check it out:

(Wendy) #5

I have thought of that but also want to keep the health benefits of keto so I want to be careful how high to allow my carbs. You know I’m not much of a tracker so I will have to see how many carbs I’m consuming. I suspect around 3o maybe 40 on average.

(Karen Parrott) #6

Hi Wendy. Upping my calories, keeping my carbs low always halts loss for me. Think extra avocado, pumpkin seeds good luck.

(Wendy) #7

Today I ate a delicious cheesy anti ravioli more like a lasagna without noodles. Made with ricotta and Parmesian and filed into little red peppers with mozzarella melted on top. I had a small amount at lunch and some Brussels sprouts that I cooked with bacon grease and served with some crumbled bacon and butter. I also had a piece of roasted chicken breast with butter.
Then tonight I had a larger portion of the pepper lasagna and about a half cup of full fat Greek yogurt with some raspberries and a dairy of whipped cream.
I’m pretty full. I may eat a piece of dark chocolate. I feel like I’ve eaten a good amount of fat. I hope it’s the right amount. :roll_eyes:
Oh I remember I ate two pieces of bacon this morning too.

(Wendy) #8

I eat avocado pretty much every day when I have them. I also usually eat nuts and/or seeds. This even when I was trying to lose.

(Wendy) #9

I will never add whole grains, on purpose at least.

(KCKO, KCFO) #10

Nor would I. But using that approach I know I’m ok at <50 g, getting too close to edge with >80 grams. It also kept me from trying too many things too quickly. A tool, hope it can help you find some balance.

(Amy) #11

I’ve only been in maintenance for 2 or 3 weeks. after losing the 15 lbs I needed to lose. The biggest difference is now I eat a ton of nuts and more berries/yogurt/green bananas to bring my carbs up to about 40-70 grams/day. I also usually have a bite of whatever the rest of the fam is having (a couple spoonfuls of rice/beans or tonight I ate 4 fries.). I think it keeps my gut bacteria happy.
Weight is steady so far, and I feel healthier than I did while <20grams, but still haven’t had a period in a while.

Hello Maintainers! :grinning:

Checking in. Not much to report. Weight has been stable. Blood sugars have been good. Still doing mostly OMAD and still exercising pretty consistently.

Just started two new experiments. First lowering my protein. Second- being more intentional about eating. I guess i mean going a little slower with my meal and really trying to listen for my satiety signals. Been at it about a weak. Surprised how difficult it is. But i do think it is doable.

Well that’s what I’ve been up to and what I’m looking at in December- along with being reasonable around Christmas.

Good luck all!! :grinning:
Next stop will be 2019!:+1:

(KCKO, KCFO) #13

Congrats on your success @mossypockets. Welcome to the Maintenance Crew.

(KCKO, KCFO) #14

I’m attempting a fat fast, with bone broth. I’m currently in hr. 37, hoping to go til 100 hrs.

I am trying to slowly nudge myself down further from the top of the normal range. While I am fine with where I have been for the last 1.5 yrs. I would like to see if going lower is even possible. It is all a n=1 experiment. My goals are to go slightly lower while still enjoying how and what I eat and sticking with my resistance/strength program along with walking/hiking and occasional bike ride.

Hope everyone is doing fine, and planning on being successful through the holidays.

(Dee) #15

I’ve been steady but fluctuating, give or take 1-3 pounds for only 2 weeks. I still have no plan but noticed lately I’ve been eating more protein. Not purposely but it seems my appetite jumped. I have not added in any carbs other than those small amounts I was already consuming from veggies.

IF daily and a couple 24 hours thrown in here and there randomly. There’s no steady rhythm but it seems to be going okay for now… Time will definitely tell.

I set a goal to lose a half inch off my waist by years end. I’m not sure how I will accomplish this but I’m starting by doubling the workouts I already do.

(KCKO, KCFO) #16

UPDATE: I only made it to 47 hrs. I had water and salt, some bone broth and still I wanted something after stalling for 45 mins. so I broke the fast with some fatty foods. This morning I really wanted salmon and eggs. So today I will continue a refeed and start another fast tomorrow. Just going to go for 48 hr. as that seems to be my sweet spot or near it. I breeze by 36, then at 4-6-48, I really want to eat again.

I’m at the lower end of my range, so no real complaints. I’m so lucky I found this WOE.

(Pete A) #17

So weird :slightly_smiling_face:DrawPagel

(KCKO, KCFO) #18

That is a fairly tight range you are maintaining, good work, YOU.

(Wendy) #19

Just an update. Today I did not lose but my weight went up a bit. Made me feel a little relieved. I wonder if I just needed a few extra carbs. I did eat a few more raw carrots and maybe a few more pecans. Or it’s just a normal flunctuation. I was just happy it didn’t go down more. Funny I know.

(Frank) #20

Not weird at all. Quite normal actually.