Watch out beginners for fake keto recipes and information

(Haimiko) #1

Just wanted to stress the importance of getting recipes and information from reputable sources like this site.

Here’s an example of a “keto recipe” I got from the keto for begginers recipe book box set off of Amazon.

THIS IS NOT KETO. Please do not make this if your looking for a keto recipe.
See if you can spot the carbs and anti-keto ingredients.
Some are more obvious than others.

Weight gain for no reason
(Louise ) #2

Wow! That would be very unsuspecting for newbies especially. I hope you can write and tell the seller that they have some incorrect information there?

(TJ Borden) #3

Well the egg is keto, so I guess it’s partially correct.

(jilliangordona) #4

My mind is currently blown at the fact that this exists. There is ONE definite keto ingredient, and two “maybes”. Lord.

(Missy) #5

You’d think for a keto recipe book, they would have the nutritional facts and macros available. That’s Keto 101.

(Darlene Horsley) #6

Truth!!!

(Ken) #7

The exact thing happened with the Paleo concept. Things that are clearly not paleo are called it, negating it’s positive effects.

Anything that alters the glucagon based secretion pattern is clearly not lipolitic, the basis of both Paleo and Keto.

(matt ) #8

Even if you are brand new you should be able to tell that is not keto. Not sure what their goal was with that recipe.

That recipe is pure gag.

(Melanie Armistead) #9

Report them to Amazon for misrepresentatIon. I’ve done it before when I saw someone selling recipe book with recipes they’d stolen from other people (they were even stupid enough to include watermarked photos from the original site).

Never trust anything that you have not research and discovered yourself, otherwise you know where the problem lies.

I’m a bit of cynic, more so each year, but I wonder how many of these might be wreckers. People so against keto that they are dropping fake info so as to intentionally cause people to fail.

My brother has decided to go keto and was telling me about all the free books on Amazon. I warned him.
He’s really smart, though, and frankly my 8 year daughter would see that recipe is bullshit.
Anyway, I just got Maria Emmerich’s book keto. and am really enjoying it so I recommend it.

Just saw this! Not a bad deal in my opinion.

(Candy Lind) #13

@Haimiko which book did this come from? I don’t know who put this box set together but I don’t recognize any of the authors, and I want to make sure I don’t patronize the one who published this as keto.

(Rob) #14

Tar and Feathers are probably a little harsh, but can we Margarine and Flour them for crimes against Keto?!

(Darlene Horsley) #15

Don’t forget the HFC! :grin:

(Rob) #16

What’s HFC?

I’d also put them in the stocks and throw their sugar and yoghurt at them. :wink:

(Haimiko) #17

This is the book it came from.

(Haimiko) #18

Agree. The margarine and “low-fat” yogurt are the least obvious to keto newbies.

(Haimiko) #19

I tend to agree with you Bob.

You say, keto,
And I say, kato,
You say, potato,
And I say, what the fuck is that?