Watch out beginners for fake keto recipes and information

(Rob) #21

One big steaming pile of carb-shit!

(Candy Lind) #22

No, I meant which individual book in the set. Which author wrote that drivel?

(Sjur Gjøstein Karevoll) #23

One thing is that the recipe isn’t keto, or even close to resembling anything keto…

It’s not even scones. It’s pancakes. That’s a regular pancake recipe…

(Haimiko) #24

Gerald Shaw - “30 Easy steps to reverse Diabetes”. (more like “30 easy steps to perpetuating diabetes” to me)

But is the generic theme of the entire box set. Promoting over indulgence in fruit, whole grains, “light” brown sugar and other completely non-keto and diabetes promoting habits.

(Rob) #25

I wonder… does the Box come in the shape of a coffin?

(Haimiko) #26

Publication date is May 2017! I swear these books read like something out of an 80’s low fat diet book. Looks like they’re just looking to make a quick buck jumping on the keto bandwagon and renaming one of their old books.

(Missy) #27

You’d be surprised at how many naive people are out there. Sugar and flour is usually a no fly zone, but because the recipe comes from a “keto” cookbook, it will have some believing that it is definitely a keto friendly recipe.

(Miss E) #28

I mean…technically of the sugar is part of your 20g of carbs it’s not an “absolute no” …right?

:smiling_imp:

(Missy) #29

That is true. I wonder if there lies a disclaimer somewhere in the book where it says something like…“1 Meal-A-Day” keto cookbook. Why didnt I think of this before! :wink::joy:

(Missy) #30

I fixed it. :wink:

(Candy Lind) #31

Thanks. SMH.

(Miss E) #32

:stuck_out_tongue: retreats before she gets eggs thrown at her

(Melanie Armistead) #33

I gave it this review:

Title: contains non-keto ingredients

Review:

Gave this one star because I can’t give it zero stars
eg: Recipe for Drop Scones

Self-Rising (sic) Four - not keto
Sugar - not keto
Egg - yay! a keto ingredient
Margarine - not keto
Milk - not keto
Blueberries/Raspberries - can be incorporated into a keto diet, but not in large quantities
Fat-Free Vanilla Yogurt - not keto

So in summary, a keto person would boil the egg, eat a few berries and throw the rest in the bin

(Melanie Armistead) #34

I’ve also now reported it as inappropriate with the reasons why and a biiiiig list of the non-keto ingredients that are in the sample section (click look inside above the picture of the cover). Feel free to do the same!

This was my favourite bit… where they tried to tell us that the book is perfect for diabetics

(Stephanie Sablich) #35

That sounds like it was written by a bot, seriously.

I bet it’s not a native English speaker behind that website and doesn’t have a good translator.

(Mikelong) #37

So true, I posted a pic of "Whey protein loaded up with mct powder, and they call it keto…pffffffft. I posted that crap real quick to my local group page.

(Justin Cain Hoffman ) #38

:joy::joy::joy:

(Mary Pohja) #39

yup for sure . i never cook from a recipe unless it is very clear and specific with the macros

(Consensus is Politics) #40

Caveat emptor. I hate to say it, but Amazon doesn’t care if it’s misrepresented as long as they can’t be sued over it. Hopefully a large group of keytonians have left comments about it. And then hopefully people will look at the one star reviews.

It’s the book form of clickbait. There are plenty of websites out there copying recipes off other sites, and naming calling them, Keto, Atkins, Paleo, Vegan, Med, diabetic, kosher, whatever else they can think of, just to get hits.