Vintage Ladies Keto Klub

(Valerie Hughes) #161

I’m very new to the forum and new to Keto. So new to the Forum that I understand how to reply but can’t seem to figure out how to initiate a post or join a group. I have put a lot of energy into researching the Keto diet - love the 2ketoDudes podcasts - every time they have a guest speaker I have a new path of research to follow. And I absolutely love Richard’s science and facts input. I have purchased Heads Up Health program and my fingers are blue from testing.

My doctor insisted on my trying keto out to help with my neurological problems that I have been experiencing for almost 3 years now. She also pointed out that an important side benefit will be weight loss. At the moment I do have one question - I am having lower leg pain. Not cramping but aching. Has anyone else experienced this in the first months of keto?

@HeatherD Lol just testing!!

(Madge Boldt) #163

In the end, the Kerrygold issue was a packaging error. Big error of course! But I can understand how that could happen. As far as grass fed cows etc. I do not know about that. Kerrygold is expensive so if I were buying it, I’d want it to be the best!!

As for me, cheap store brand butter is what I buy as well. And also, I really really love Land O Lakes spreadable with Olive Oil. It is delicious and spreads wonderfully.

(Madge Boldt) #164

@Keto6468 There is a really nice keto rye bread recipe in this forum if you like the minute bread style. I really like this!

I’ve had the almond flour version, I made this one: 90 second Keto Bread
Is yours an improvement? Cuz it’s pretty darn good!

(Jane ) #165

I am usually just a lurker, but this is a good fit for me to introduce myself. I am a bloated, tired, achy menopausal woman of 51. Somewhere around Thanksgiving I jumped off the wagon, set it on fire and threw it off a cliff. Now settling in, Ketones back up, BS coming down. Had fasted insulin tested during the Holidays and it was 29! Yikes That alone was enough to get me back in my charred wagon. Biggest problem is bloat…but I know the awesome energy, better sleep, and no appetite as well as feeling high as a kite with energy is coming. Now if I can keep on track the good things will happen!

(Karen) #166

Don’t need to do anything more to"join a group". Just comment by clicking reply for a specific person or just to " reply to all" or “post” by clickiing REPLYall the way at the end of the posts.

(Karen) #167

I couldn’t get the one with sour cream dry enough. Oh well

K

(Karen) #168

Glad you are here Jane. Do you think the bloat is dairy?

K

(Karen) #169

Welcome Valerie, sounds like you have a great Doc

K

(Jane ) #170

Karen, I think some of it may be unfortunately. I mainlined cheese yesterday and was very bloated. I don’t seem to have a good dial between " Some cream in my coffee" and " All the cheeses" When I try and give it up totally I end up putting whacky things in my coffee which of course also bloat me.

(Lorraine Piercy) #171

Well hello ladies😊 I am also a serial lurker that loves the podcasts. I am on and off the wagon but this Xmas made me realise how shithouse I feel if I don’t keep my carbs in check. Sore joints, reflux, sads,lethargy the list goes on typical sugar addict. I have decided not to get overfocused on body weight but to focus more on NSVs and getting more active and strong. On one of the ketodudes podcast they interviewed Karen Olgilvie from Impulsive Keto I find if I follow their ideas I do well. Great to read everyone’s story makes me realise that I am normal.

(Karen) #172

Welcome Lorraine. Lethargy, I hear you. SAD is tough on the body. New year, new you. I don’t feel the boundless energy others feel on keto, but not super lethargic anymore.

K

(Karen) #173

Jane hwc is OK, or sometimes I use butter. I love cheese too,but try removing it for a week. One week’s not too onerous for a bloat check. Let me know if it helps.
K

(Karen) #174

Welcome @HeatherD! Good luck on your journey !

(Renee Slaughter) #175

New keto to I don’t feel the Boundless Energy been keto for 6 weeks but I feel calm not depressed anymore and I feel good in the morning

(Karen) #176

Yep I don’t feel the energy either. I wonder if I’m not fat adapted. Hmmmm

(Renee Slaughter) #177

Hi Karen thx for the response. I’m very new to this forum. And I haven’t figured out how to post. Is that something you can help me with

(Tracy) #178

LOL! I teach elementary too and have the same concerns. :grin: I am still working on doing more than a 24 hour fast, but thinking about fasting during a stressful workweek seems so daunting. :anguished:

(Karen) #179

You have several posting options.
Post a direct reply to a specific person by clicking reply on their post. It shows in the thread
Message a person, although I have had no luck on getting replies
Message the whole thread by clicking REPLY, at the bottom of the thread.
Quoting a post in your post. See “How to…”
Starting a thread. Go to the subject category and post a new topic.

Good luck! This is a gracious group

(Renee Slaughter) #180

Thank you. I love this forum