Vintage Ladies Keto Klub

(Karen) #181

Welcome Renee. This forum goes in spurts as people have time to comment and support. How is your journey so far?

K

(Tracy) #182

I have been keto for about 10 months and I can’t say that I’ve experienced “boundless” energy either. What I have experienced, however, is improved physical stamina and a much more stable mood. The only time I’ve felt that kind of energy was during a fast, which I didn’t even attempt until I was about 6 months in. And, it wasn’t a great experience for me either, so I haven’t attempted another fast since. I’ve been wondering for months what I’m doing wrong, and I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m not doing anything wrong; I just haven’t figured out what my body needs to get at all that stored fat. KCKO!

(Karen) #183

Thanks Tracy
I. Want to fast, but I haven’t seen the “lack of hunger thing” either.
I’m going to fat fast w/ Brenda soon.

K

(Tracy) #184

I was looking at the latest zornfast post and thinking I want to do one too! I feel much less hunger than when I was a sugar burner, but I can get incredibly uncomfortable when I go longer than about 18 hours without eating, but quite a few people report that as being a fairly big hurdle that you need to get over and then it gets easier. The problem is, the last time I tried fasting longer than that my electrolytes went crazy, and so I haven’t done more than my daily 16 hour IF in four months. Screwing up the courage to try again soon.

(Renee Slaughter) #185

Thank you for your warm welcome. I am 57 and diabetic. I started keto Dec 2016 and did really well.I lost 25 lbs and lowered my fasting BS. Hit a plateau and really didn’t know what to do. I had IF about 18 hours and didn’t know about extended fasts. In the beginning it was all about the weight. Now it is about health. Did more research and found the Dudes. After a brief try at veganism ( not for me) I returned to keto Dec 2017. So far this second time is totally different. I did lose the 10 lbs I gained as a vegan. But weight loss is much slower. So I look for NSV. Found this group and happy I did. Tried a 3 day fast last week lost 5 and gained it back. My fault those darned nuts. Got a plan going forward. Stick closer to my macros. I’m a tracker. Got another extended fast planned next week. So that’s my story
Thanks for reading
RS

(Valerie Hughes) #186

Thank you.

(Renee Slaughter) #187

Ok here is a NSV for sure. Went up 5 flights of stairs. Not even winded! WOOHOO!

(Madge Boldt) #188

@Lorraine We are similar. I am a sweets person too, and have also had joint pain and all that fun stuff. AND I am also focusing on NSV, which just watching the scale to make sure I don’t go the wrong way.

Welcome!

(Karen) #189

Love vegetarian, but I don’t lose on it. There is actually a lot of room for green vegetables. And good for you!! Glad you are back to keto! Welcome!

K

(Jo) #190

Hi Renee,
Looking back I have to say that it probably took me over 6 weeks to become truly fat adapted. I think that the first thing that I noticed was satiety, I just wasn’t as hungry, and I also felt a feeling of being calm and content, and I could go 4-5 hours during the day without feeling hungry. There are certainly some days when I feel particularly energized, but I can’t say that it is every day. I think it also really depends on what was your energy level beforehand. When I used to eat a lot of carbs it was pretty common for me to want to take a nap during the day most weekends (plus I used to need to snack a lot). I think I have maybe felt like a nap once in the last 4 months.
I think I would describe my “boundless energy” as being something that feels more or less like a “steady flow”.
It’s great- I’m staying with the program, keto works for me.

(Renee Slaughter) #191

Thanks for your feedback. TodayI felt good. I had good constant levels. Not like an energizer bunny but consistent. I feel good. I like me. Didn’t always. But thanks to keto I have more good days more often

(Joan) #192

What do all those numbers mean and OMAD, what does that mean?

(Karen) #193

Numbers… Hours you eat/hours you don’t. eg 16 hours fasting and 8 hours during which you can eat…16/8

OMAD: One Meal A Day

(Joan) #194

Ah, thank you

(Heather Miller) #195

The numbers refer to the hours fasting and eating so 16/8 means don’t eat for 16 hours then eat all your food in an 8 hour window. OMAD means one meal a day so basically the same as 23/ 1.

Ohhh, Karen already answered! Thanks @Keto6468

(Becky) #196

Ohhh, talk to me more about fattier cheese…drooling, I had no idea?!?

I’m recently 73, and yes, I am old. But I am proud of that. I can do more than many women half my age. So there! :wink:

(Karen) #198

Yummy high fat brie!!

K

(Karen) #199

Backyard Keto Dinner

K

(Ruth E Holleran) #200

I have seen this explained as healing to the damaged nerves. It is uncomfortable but a good sign of progress! Can’t remember where I saw it but it was a nurse who explained the phenomenon.

Karim's Extended Fast Tracker - come along for the ride