The Great Big Public Keto Before And After Thread!

(Bob M) #897

Wow, impressive!

(Cathy) #898

You literally changed the course of your life! Wonderful to see and I bet, pretty fantastic for you!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #899

Thanks everyone. :smiley: Itā€™s a lot easier doing things with my adult autistic son now for sure. KETO has really changed my life in too many ways to count but I am still improving. I may consider myself in maintenance but I actually think thatā€™s a misleading term. My body weight seems stable and I am happy about where I am, but I am still going through body composition changes. And I think as we age the work isnā€™t over. Iā€™m still tweaking my diet and using fasting to do that. I may very well end up a different weight. Hopefully I will build a bit more muscle in my limbs and core. I have an operation coming up to remove an adenoma from my on of my Parathyroid glands. Itā€™s been causing calcium leaching from my bones for a long time. Hopefully I will start to reverse that after and build bone density back up. So Iā€™m pretty sure I will gain weight but it will be very healthy weight. Lots more healing to go. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #900

Great job David. Impressive.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #901

I agree. But not only because of your specific circumstances, which are very relevant. But in generalā€¦ I am in better health in my mid-fourties than I was in my mid-thirties. And wiser than in my mid-twenties. And more confident than in my mid-teens. And more secure than in my mid-aughts.

Because life isnā€™t about maintaining.

After a year at goal weight(ish) [Iā€™d be happy with 5 more pounds down] I have learned that ā€œmaintentanceā€ is just more growth. Just hopefully not in size.

(Susan) #902

You are an inspiration and a real Keto superman, David. You are always such an encouragement and help to all of us here, and have overcome so much, and are a real strong Keto warrior. You really impress me with all the obstacles in life that you have risen above and not only survived, but have thrived =). You look fantastic and have done so well, and should be very proud of yourself =).

(Susan) #903

I love this, Ruina, this is awesome =).

(Central Florida Bob ) #904

Very impressive, David! I bet you feel much better, too, and thatā€™s most important.

(Susan) #905

How did I miss this till now? Awesome improvements David.

(Kirk Wolak) #906

Okay, I want to see More!!! Lets make 2020 a year to remember! I hope many people post their pics!

Personally, the holidays were rough, I put on ~20 lbs from Thanksgiving to New Years. And I was already up 7 from my goal, so 27 lbs (217) when I want to maintain 190-195ā€¦
(I had some struggles related to inflammation, pork fat, and more wrenches thrown in my plans than a mechanic could muster).

But Going full on Carnivore for Jan as a reset. This will be an annual goal of mine. (Along with doing better in maintenance, LOL).

Finally, another reason I want to see more success/pics. My OVERALL feedback has been phenomenal! One idiot on Twitter got under my skin for about 10 secondsā€¦ He replied to my before and after Photo with this:

:clap: Congratulations, You ate less :clap:

Wowā€¦ First, I donā€™t think its true. I feel, overall, I ate more! Especially calories. At least the same. And I finally lowered my intake over time AFTER I lost a bunch of weight. But it got under my skin a bit. Clearly someone who never struggled for DECADES with their weight!

So, lets just chalk up a bunch of success stories to show jerks like this how Awesome Keto is!

(Bob M) #907

I donā€™t think thatā€™s true, either. I typically eat two meals a day, and often even I am shocked at how much (primarily) meat Iā€™m eating. Yet I continue to lose fat and gain muscle.

(Brandi) #908

Amazing! Well done :slight_smile:

(Brandi) #909

Amazing results!!

(Nathan Hall) #912

Just wanted to say, itā€™s been over four years now, and still going Keto strong. Iā€™m still enjoying the health benefits of the ketogenic way of life, and maintaining a healthy weight. I appreciate the resource that the 2KetoDudes were at the beginning of my journey, and am glad to see this community still going strong.

(Laurie) #913

Congratulations, Nathan. Itā€™s good to hear from a long-term ketoer.

(Chris) #914

Update: but with carbs

(Chris) #915

Left: 2 years ago, carnivore, 175lbs

Right: this week, high carb, 158lbs

(Ross) #916

Iā€™m always amazed by your before and after photos.

Hopefully Michigan gets to play Washington this year!

If you end up in Ann Arbor for the game, Iā€™ll point you toward some great hikes.
Keep on hiking!

(Butter Withaspoon) #917

In my 20s and 30s I was unhealthy in many ways although mostly I looked fine, but when I think back to the the rubbish low protein diet I used to eat itā€™s not surprising I felt bad.
In the last few years I tried low carb then keto to support a good friend who had an aggressive cancer and was part of a diet trial to extend life. Sheā€™d been eating Very low fat for years so I thought it might be nice to have a friend enjoying the same foods and cooking some meals, sharing.

At first I felt a bit flat but eventually really good metabolic health kicked in. I feel that I recover faster and have fantastic constant even energy and alertness. Iā€™ve been focusing on prioritising protein as Ben Bikman says and Iā€™m not snacky anymore.

I donā€™t have any good before photos at the moment but I know Iā€™m less strong in this photo from only 4 years ago. I was already making changes about 9 years ago as I noticed the inevitable heath slide of people around me.

I donā€™t know whatā€™s coolerā€“that youā€™re healthier and stronger, or that you play the ukulele. :slight_smile:

Okay, Iā€™ll go with health, but the ukulele is cool!